Should The Tribunal Be Allowed To See the Champion Select Chat?

Yes 1,665 94.60%
No 95 5.40%
Voters: 1760. You may not vote on this poll

Champion Select Chat For Tribunal Judging Tools

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maddix White

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

Hello all, I do not know how popular this idea is but I have not heard
anyone talk about it before and I think it would be a good idea to allow
the Tribunal to see what is said in the Champion Select Chat before a game.

If we could read what happened in champion select, it would not only help us(tribunal members)
to see who was breaking the summoner's code in chat, but It would also encourage players to perhaps
work more as a team in champion select if they knew that they could be judged by what they say(or maybe even don't say) in champion select.

In my personal experience, if a team is going to be disagreeable to one another,
much of the attitude is decided by what is done in champion select. Remember,
the mindset that you have approaching a situation is often a reflection of the outcome.

I know this is a big request that may be impossible,
and I'm sure that Riot employees know how big of a help this could be to the tribunal/community,
but I hope that this post will make this idea more popular to the community so that I can either have
an answer as to why I cannot use the champion select chat to judge or to make a change.

So if you think that having the option to use the champion select chat would be useful, please vote "yes";
and if you think that it would not be a good idea, please vote "no".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurr View Post
I'd like to see what people say after the game is over in that chat as well. That's when people usually decide to trash talk since they know it's not being recorded.

Maddix White

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

I would like to add the Reddit link for this topic, so that you may upvote or downvote it if you want to.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...ed_to_see_the/

Uther PD

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckFinley31 View Post
Hello all, I do not know how popular this idea is
Fairly popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckFinley31 View Post
but I have not heard
anyone talk about it before.
Posted around 4-5 times a week on the /r/leagueoflegends subreddit. Probably discussed here often as well.

Either way, I went ahead and voted yes.

Maddix White

06-24-2012

Thank you for responding and answering a question.

Jurr

06-24-2012

I'd like to see what people say after the game is over in that chat as well. That's when people usually decide to trash talk since they know it's not being recorded.

Maddix White

06-24-2012

Thank you for that! I forgot to mention that but it is also evidence that ought to be submitted to the tribunal for judging.

Clyceer

06-24-2012

Riot has said they'd like to do this, but it sounds like it's trickier to implement than one would expect.

Aradene

06-24-2012

Riot have repeatedly come out and said that while they want to impliment this, the issues between the software of pre and post game chat vs the in game system make this currently virtually impossible. They have also stated they are working on it. There is a thread like this at least three times a week.

Maddix White

06-24-2012

Thank you for helping to answer my question. It is great news to hear that Riot is working on it and know that it is important.

SimplyAlive

06-24-2012

It's a must have. Sadly enough, Riot has stated that they were are considering itworking on it and that it was on the 'to do list' for almost a year now...