The "Screamer" Links. (how to disable)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DogTelevision

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

Recently people have been posting the troll links that lead to the flashing screen and face (Jeff The Killer or whatever its called). If you havent seen this before, its a screamer, a video/picture/gif designed to purposely scare and startle people. Its really the kind of thing that is just unneeded in this community. We shouldnt have to be afraid to click a link here.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...21394#26021394
(i swear to god this isnt a trick link. just to the thread with the quote v ). If you dont trust me, you dont have to click it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusia View Post
Stop spamming this link. Thank you.

A Rioter has personally stated to stop posting the link.

I mostly wanted to make this post to say that there IS a way to disable the link/website. However, it does require you to go to the website, so mute your computer and/or take off your headphones. Have the program "Adblocker" installed on your web browser (works fine on chrome, im sure it can work for InternetExplorer, FireFox). Click the link, and go to the site. Just warning you, you cannot zoom out on the site to minimize the image (at least when i tried >_>). Click on the Adblocker logo and select "Block an Ad on this page". Just click on the face, and if necessary scroll across until the image and sound are blocked. You should see a gray screen of some sort because the image is no longer there. If done correctly, from now on the site wont work and hopefully will no longer cause heart attacks when you visit it.

I'm well aware there are alternatives and im sure there are easier ways, but this is just what i did and i found it worked quite well. I hope this helps someone.

Doctor Neth

06-24-2012

I see what your doing, and I want no part of it :P

Tritotamar

06-24-2012

bump

dejavunl88

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

+1

OP if you can provide us with the name of the (flash/image) object for those who have an adblocker installed can manually block it instead of going to the site. Should be something ending on .swf for flash video and .gif for animated gifs.

Wikuu

06-24-2012

I'm sorry. I really want to do this but .. I'M SCARED AS **** D:

Dux Steve

06-24-2012

I'll...

I'll just wait until morning to do this.

BACKSTABUUU

06-24-2012

Alternatively, you can run noscript and never accidentally facecheck .swfs ever again.

Shakenspear

06-24-2012

I know you mean good, but if I click your link to the quote. Curiosity will make me click the actual thing and I'll poop out my dinner =/ thank you for helping though
edit: I wonder if Riot can implement something where screamer links are instantly blocked

TheSoulPunisher

06-24-2012

Bump. Did it and it worked . Just mute and bare the flashing image until you block it.

EDIT: For those whom have adblocker, this is the original link.

http://gifura.orzhk.org/src/1332235315120.swf

DO NOT CLICK IT. IT IS A SCREAMER.

Demogorgon

06-24-2012

Lol how do people think this is scary. I go to that link and have it play for 5 minutes right before I go to bed every night.