Best General runes to buy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ambrose Crown

06-23-2012

So today i decided i really do need runes so what are the general runes that i should buy for ap,ad,hybrid,tank,jungle?

Ambrose Crown

06-23-2012

bumps

MatureGamerMan

Capt Orion

06-23-2012

Get Armor Pen/Magic Pen Reds. Armor yellows. Magic Resist Blues, and for Quints...movespeed, health, and armor/magic pen.

Then later you can get other stuff, but those are pretty basic that work on most champs. Not optimized but work.

FlamingoJuice

06-23-2012

Attack Damage flat quints+marks, Armor yellow flats, Mr/level blues.

Magic pen reds, mana regen flat/level yellows, mr/level blues or ap /level blues, ap flat quints.

That will cover ADbot, a safe jungler, ap mid, solo top (without countering with armor/mr) and if u want to get support runes, you can. otherwise just use the ap ones.

Ambrose Crown

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoJuice View Post
Attack Damage flat quints+marks, Armor yellow flats, Mr/level blues.

Magic pen reds, mana regen flat/level yellows, mr/level blues or ap /level blues, ap flat quints.

That will cover ADbot, a safe jungler, ap mid, solo top (without countering with armor/mr) and if u want to get support runes, you can. otherwise just use the ap ones.
Why do runes have to be so much

Sines314

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2012

Alright, some general runes, these'll work for just about everyone. I tried to keep the lists as small as possible (two runes per), so you can fill out with some general selections as fast as possible. There are plenty of other circumstances worth mentioning, but these are well designed to fit everyone, without worrying about tiny nitpicks like how it's handy to have both Scaling and Flat Magic Resist.

Marks
- Armor Penetration
- Magic Penetration
- Flat Armor (for supports)

Not much to say here. Everyone does damage of these types, and supports are best off with armor to help early game. If you're a big fan of hybrid damage champs, Attack Speed can do in place of Armor Penetration, but Armor Penetration works well on everyone, including hybrids, so it's a great general choice.

Seals
- Flat Armor
- Scaling Mana Regen

Armor NEVER goes out of style. But if you're playing a mana heavy character, the extra mana regen might be more useful. You can also get flat mana regen if you play an aggressive early game champ who needs it.

Glyphs
- Scaling Magic Resist
- Scaling AP

If it uses AP, grab the AP. If not, the MR will do. If you're playing a tankier or less burst AP Caster in the mid lane, the MR might go further, for the extra survival. In those cases, you'll prefer flat Magic Resist though, which is only good for those circumstances. It's a good choice for a third glyph, but not as universally applicable as the scaling AP or MR.

Quints
- Armor Penetration
- Flat AP
- Movespeed
- Gold / 10

Armor Penetration and Flat AP should be obvious in their use. Movespeed is useful for those short range champs who aren't too concerned about damage, but you'd do fine without those in the short term. The gold / 10 are only really useful for support, but they're also the cheapest quints, so I threw them in for reference.

Grab those runes and you'll have a fairly nice setup. Here's my 'general' recommendation for your two pages.

Physical

Armor Penetration Marks
Flat Armor Seals
Scaling Magic Resist Glyphs
Armor Penetration Quints

Magic

Magic Penetration Marks
Scaling Mana Regeneration Seals
Scaling AP Glyphs
Flat AP Quints

These aren't perfect, of course, but they cover a fairly wide base fairly well. It's mostly nit-picking after that, with a few exceptions.

Lastly, the marks and the quints listed there are the most 'unique' to their builds. Physical characters can generally benefit from extra AP and managen, and everybody loves extra defense. So, for order of purchase, I suggest you get the Armor and MR seals / glyphs first, then the the magical / physical marks and quints (in whichever order you prefer), then the managen seals and AP glyphs last. Your casters won't be missing too much from having extra defense instead of extra mana and AP.

Ambrose Crown

06-23-2012

thank you very much Sines314

Sines314

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2012

No problem. I love to ramble