disconnects every 1-3 seconds

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nikorasu S A

06-24-2012

I have the same problem, riot will say is ur internet every time. ****ing support

WakeskaterX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

bump. This needs to be addressed. It's not our internet, it's RIOT. I have NEVER had lag problems or disconnect problems before the patch.

miiiiiiku

06-24-2012

not just the DC problem, also when i reconnect to the server and it running smoothly, my client crashed, it really must be something wrong with the patch

WakeskaterX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

I have yet to see this addressed by RIOT other than: "We haven't seen an increase, it must be your net".

Obviously this is a very common theme. I am getting the EXACT same symptoms as other players. And THAT ALONE, is enough information to verify that this is not a player-side issue. If it is, it's because of something new in the patch that renders a select group of players unable to play.

I would like to see a riot post on this somewhere, don't get me wrong, I love RIOT and understand they are pressed and busy as all get up, but this is a crippling issue, it is impossible for me to play LoL at this point, and it's the only game I can run smoothly on my laptop that I enjoy a lot.

Hempresário

06-24-2012

Bump, same problem here.

jukestep

06-24-2012

Bumping, same problem.

Pinged Google.com -t for 5 minutes with ZERO dropped packets and ping stablized at 50ms (max 150ms once).

Yet I DC in the majority of LoL games and have random client crashes.

No other internet services experience this (skype calls stay on, xfire remains logged in)

Demona

06-24-2012

I just played a game and kept getting the in-game disconnected screen--at least a dozen times throughout the game, a couple times it gave the enemies a free kill. Additionally, the client just disappeared right before launching the actual game after it said everyone was summoned so I had to reopen my client/login and hop in late.

There was also one time where the game said it stopped working and had to close, another time where it just randomly closed on its own, and lots of random lag not on my end.

The funniest part is that I kept seeing things that didn't exist anymore. Usually harmless, like minions that were still firing at nothing and doing no damage, but I'd randomly see enemies standing there that were either not there/presently dead. Also, once someone got a buff, it never appeared to leave them (although the effects still wore off. But like 4 people had blue buff according to my game.) On top of that, I was able to essentially know enemy Kennen's location because one of our minions was firing a canon ball at him when I dc'd once, so there was literally an endless line of fire aimed at WHEREVER he was on the map. Like, if he was in a bush, the trail would end right at the bush. (That's kind of game breaking.)

What the heck, Riot.

Edit: Out of most of the games I've played the past couple days, there has been at least one or two people DCing and RCing the whole time in a similar way, supposedly not their fault.

Pankexillo

Recruiter

06-24-2012

bump, need an answer from a red.

JtimeAu

06-24-2012

Having this problem also. Very regular, rapid disconnects at unpredictable intervals.

When it happens it often results in lots of ghosted monsters that died still fighting all over the *visible* map (no health bars but hoverable with mouse, they fight in static position for remainder of game) until the client is shutdown and restarted.

It not only happens to neutral monster but to champions also, i disconnected moving away from a tower, was killed whilst disconnected and when i came back my dead champion was mindlessly floating with no health bar towards spawn and remained there for the game.

edit: backs up other posts in this thread and at least one of the people i play with has had the same problem.

Fatlam

06-24-2012

I experienced the same kind of issue as the host also: i) Disconnecting every 30sec-1min and ask u to reconnect. ii) sometimes the client crashed at the start of the loading screen.
I also think that it is not the problem of my internet since everything seems just fine.
Hope we can hear from riot soon