Everything is OP in Dota 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brodhi

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetios View Post
That never happens in Dota. No one gets nerf destroyed because no one is just blatantly overpowered. Dota 2 is a lot more balanced of a game than League of Legends, especially old League.
So not a single champion ever in the whole of Dota 2 has ever had their abilities reduced in effectiveness ever?

Ever?

Lol.

NorDicUn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2012

well everyting is op in dota that's why it is balanced

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodhi View Post
So not a single champion ever in the whole of Dota 2 has ever had their abilities reduced in effectiveness ever?

Ever?

Lol.
Nerfed like hell is not reduced in effectiveness. That's why you only quoted that one line because you know **** well that's not what I was talkiing about. Nice context you created there.

sling14

06-23-2012

lol dota heros r not op in comparison to their dota counterparts

if u start comparing heros from dota to LoL champs then ya theyre gonna look op, its a completely different game

thats like saying zasalamel is insanely op when compared to ryu, well theyre both in fighting games so u can compare them right? NO.

ZeKoIII

06-23-2012

Everything in dota seems OP, that's the way dota has pretty much always been. But that's only if you compare it to league skillsets, when every champ has things that seem Op or broken, in a way none of them do. The pudge to blitz comparison is a perfect example, his hook is 2-3x the range and is faster, he basically WW ults afterwards, and he can permaslow better than Skarner. Or Drow, imagine a ranged AD with a 6 sec silence that has an aoe the size of amumu ult.

Brodhi

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetios View Post
Nerfed like hell is not reduced in effectiveness. That's why you only quoted that one line because you know **** well that's not what I was talkiing about. Nice context you created there.
No champions, other than Eve, has been "destroyed" by nerfs. Name me one champion that post-nerf is not unusable and is never, ever picked ever.

You can't, because no champion is blatantly overpowered in League either. Sure some of their abilities are too strong, just like in Dota 2, and both companies tweak released champions accordingly.

TheStrelok

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorDicUn View Post
well everyting is op in dota that's why it is balanced
Pretty much this. I would go so far as to say if (almost) any of the DotA heroes were put unchanged into LoL, the outcry would be far worse than Darius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodhi View Post
No champions, other than Eve, has been "destroyed" by nerfs. Name me one champion that post-nerf is not unusable and is never, ever picked ever..
Actually, Shen, to a certain extent. Not unused, but not used often, that's for sure.

Mythos

06-23-2012

Dota just has a much higher risk & reward system.
All heroes can be identified as overpowered, but that's if they farm properly and don't die.

Considering that last hits are extremely important, due to denies (Which denies half of the creep experience and all of the gold), and deaths make you lose gold, players with better mechanics will always dominate.

MtMan

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str3SSed View Post
Jugger is considered garbage. He's like swiftblade in HoN, just a nub stomper
I'm pretty sure the team that won dreamhack summer used Juggernaut on their team in a game in the finals

Insidious Ghost

06-23-2012

Pudge is so much fun to play... I also hate Zeus with a passion though.