Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

why i think this community is bad.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GapingGoomy

06-23-2012

To me it is bad because i can think of multiple occasions where i was told to hang myself

Riév

06-23-2012

Quote:
Xedeth:

tl;dr It's a part of the game. Get over it or go home.

It is, in fact, NOT part of the game.

AlphaWeeaboo

06-24-2012

Quote:
Xedeth:
Absolutely. I trash talk people on my team when I am doing decent. When I do godly, I don't trash talk, because when I am 12-1 within 25 minutes, that's because I got a good game. When someone on my team is 0-7, 2-10, or however much combination, I trash talk them. It's a part of the game. There is no reason why I should have to carry someone with those stats when I am 6-2 as AD bot. Especially since, by the time you are a level 30 summoner, you have NO reason to be negative like that, with the exception of carry and tank junglers. I think you should be insta-banned if you are level 30 and your score is anywhere near 0-7, without a good reason. With assists at 0, btw. Same with leavers. You should be insta-banned if you leave even one game, especially ranked. If you connection is ****, then don't play the game, because if you get disconnected, you're just as to blame as the guy that ragequits or trolls.

Aaaand people like you are exactly what makes people turn away from LoL. Some people have bad games, it can't be helped. Acting like a jerk and being cocky won't help them any better. This is a TEAM game and it doesn't matter if your carrying, you're still not HELPING them which in turn makes your team worse. Remember, your team is only as good as you want it to be.

ChaosTempest195

06-24-2012

Usually the most cocky Im so awesome players are actually the worst players... In my opinion

ChaosTempest195

06-24-2012

Quote:
Xedeth:
Absolutely. I trash talk people on my team when I am doing decent. When I do godly, I don't trash talk, because when I am 12-1 within 25 minutes, that's because I got a good game. When someone on my team is 0-7, 2-10, or however much combination, I trash talk them. It's a part of the game. There is no reason why I should have to carry someone with those stats when I am 6-2 as AD bot. Especially since, by the time you are a level 30 summoner, you have NO reason to be negative like that, with the exception of carry and tank junglers. I think you should be insta-banned if you are level 30 and your score is anywhere near 0-7, without a good reason. With assists at 0, btw. Same with leavers. You should be insta-banned if you leave even one game, especially ranked. If you connection is ****, then don't play the game, because if you get disconnected, you're just as to blame as the guy that ragequits or trolls.

I could say the same to jerks who are cocky about how they play... Unless your in a sponsored pro game or high ranked acting like this should get you banned...

iRukia

Recruiter

06-24-2012

I like pies..
^ That was me putting my 2cents in

X plicit 1

06-26-2012

TROLLS[/U]

fk the trolls that play this game. LoL has a **** community. everybody and their mother rages you while you play this game; it's fking disgusting. they say "there's a sommoners code to prevent bad things from happening to good people". 9 times out of 10 it's the trolls that are getting the good people banned for no reason; makes me sick. then riot turns around and says to you "oh just mute the trolls". you still get reported after the game by them, and banned for unjust reasons like "feeding". wtf? i never intentionaly fed in my LoL career, yet i've been banned for "feeding" ROFL. fk the trolls that play this game.

- a poem by GhostMetal

Airani

06-26-2012

Quote:
Xedeth:

So... you trash talk instead of offering constructive criticism? This is a difficult game to play; it helps a lot more if you give advice instead of raging on people who may not have developed advanced skills yet. As for your argument of no one having a negative like that, have you forgotten that the enemy team has to be taken into account? I see people saying they lost because they had a bad team, yet more often than not I lose because the opponents were a very well organized and skillful team. So, if one of your team members is having trouble, it may be because the opponent is ridiculously good instead of your team member being ridiculously bad. I recognize that there are bad players in this game, but even good players have bad games so you can't really judge people based on a single game that you just happened to be playing with them. The connection thing, stuff happens. The other day I had my computer randomly restart in the middle of the game, and then the same thing happened to someone else I was playing with a couple games later. Even good computers with good connections have issues sometimes. I also once had to leave because my brother had seriously injured himself and needed first aid. I wasn't about to keep playing a game while he bled out. Someone else said this earlier but I will repeat it: I feel people with your attitude should be the ones insta-banned. If all you can do is complain about the community, then go find something else to play.

MoreMedz

06-26-2012

The problem is that how we act in game and how we act on a public forum are different.

A lot of people do tend to understand that you can't act like a jerk in a public forum and you can't openly abuse other people with words. But when the same people go into an isolated environment where it's just them and a small group of people playing in a game, they know that they can push the boundary before they get reported/are banned. Can you ban someone for calling "noob" a couple of times? Can you ban someone who inflicts passive-aggressive wall of text upon his team in a guise of being reasonable? Where is the line?

If I may suggest anything, is that we need to recognise that we are all part of this community. This isn't about pointing fingers at a certain type of playing or creating standards about when it is ok to trash talk someone. It is about self-discipline. Make it an objective that in your next game, you will be nice to your team members and the enemy team; you will be professional and not say what does not need to be said; you will not argue UNTIL the end of a game.

Sometimes that's all we, as individual players, can do.

Male Privilege

06-26-2012

A wise man once said :
You can't fix stupid.
If people want to act like belligerent asses, that's what they are going to do. Can't change it.