Master Yi---A Carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr AstroSloth

06-23-2012

I love Master Yi to death. Extremely close to being, if not my favorite Champion. The trouble I find with him is early game leveling and farming. His Alpha Strike is a great tool for last hits, but it usually puts me in harms way of let's say a Blitzcrank or Alistar grab/stun.

If I can make it there, a level 18 Master Yi is usually very devastating. But, even in 30-45 minute matches I sometimes have trouble reaching that point just because I had such a slow start from the beginning. I've looked at Mobafire builds and they didn't pan out as well as I thought they would.

So please, any tips on Master Yi would be great. Or any tips on early game farming and leveling would be nice too. Still trying to learn the ins and outs of the game so I can contribute more to my team. AI with Yi is far too easy, but PvP is too difficult. Help please?

If this helps any, these are usually the items I go for varying upon who I'm laning against. I understand I listed 6 and I will try to list in order...

-Berserker's Greaves
-Phantom Dancer
-Bloodthirster
-Wilt's End/Atma's Imapler
-Trinity Force >>>>> -Frozen Heart/Guardian Angel >>>> (Varies)

Thanks!

Qc Ujelly

06-23-2012

AD Yi cannot lane. He just can't. Take some AP runes. Dorans ring and Sheen. Then build towards Triforce, Phantom dancer and bloodthirster (Attack speed boots). Go mid, you should win every lane hands down.

Duffman316

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qc Ujelly View Post
AD Yi cannot lane. He just can't. Take some AP runes. Dorans ring and Sheen. Then build towards Triforce, Phantom dancer and bloodthirster (Attack speed boots). Go mid, you should win every lane hands down.
sounds like an ad yi laning o.o

Zswords

06-23-2012

It DOES, but the trick is: AP Runes and Doran's RING...

Laning, you're AP, once lane phase is over though, you transition into AD for ganking, team fights, and the rest of the shibang.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2012

step 1 never read mobafire for advice

from your trouble with blitzcrank/alistar it sounds like you're going botlane with Yi, which is part of your problem - he's generally more effective in jungle or toplane

ASAP Steven

06-23-2012

I Yi alot. but i have not ran into this kind of problem. i wouldnt alpha strike near ali or blitz. and if i do id make sure to run behind a minion of mine for blitz. and ali hopefully you run fast enough. which most master yis can run fairly fast. but i never had a slow start with yi. I top lane. but when i kill minions i walk around them kinda and i last hit the minions for the exp and gold. the key is to last hit minions for me atleast.

Ecclessian

06-23-2012

Well as far as the build goes, I would recommend not worrying about tri force at all. Instead just pick up the early zeal and phage then upgrade them to pd/ fm whenever you feel it's necessary.

And about yi in general. know that he has a ton of ad coming out of his wuju style, so prioritize things like AS and armor pen a little more than usual. a nice early buy is a brut,especially if your lane enemy bought early armor.

It looks closer to a tanky dps build you are working on and you really should just get a GA at most ( you can sit on the materials if you don't need to upgrade right away) for resistances. A phage/ fm works very well to round out those defenses.

Also try replacing your BT with a IE. Sit on the vamp scepter until you can actually get noticeable returns from more lifesteal.

Archyboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2012

Yi bot only works with Karma, yes it only works with her because she supports Melee carries. You are a super hard carry that relies on your team to support you; that's really bad in solo queue. So if you are trying to solo queue with him you will be down a tank because everyone does not know how to play with Yi. You need to play like an assassin with Yi, not a carry since League lacks Black King Bar(Magic Immunity). Which is why he needs a team that has Malphite/Alistar, and Olaf/Irelia/Riven to back him up.