Winning 5 vs 3 nets you 80 IP..what?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abedeus

08-29-2010

So, I was Morgana, had AP Yi on team, Amumu tank, Galio and AP Poppy.

Enemy scored first blood. I was mid against Vladimir, and after 10 minutes of combat I killed him, then noticed the score is 1:4, since Yi died once and Galio twice. After another 5 minutes, Galio ragequit with a score of 0/4/1. Yi kept dying without killing anyone, only Amumu and Poppy managed to gank few times. We tried to surrender twice, once almost passing 2/2, then going 1/3. Why? We started to win.

After few combos of Amumu ulting their team (recklessly assaulting us) with me and poppy killing them, me killing Warwick few times when he tried to solo a tower, we started to push. After solid 50 minute game, we destroyed their inhibitors and Nexus in one final push before they even managed to get to destroy our outer towers.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7519/screen20c.jpg

What was my surprise? We got a freaking reward of 80 IP. What the hell is that? After surrendering at 25 few games before, I got 68. So basically, two surrenders give as much IP as one staggering win? Come on, in a game against 5 people and having one feeder on the team there SHOULD be a bigger reward. If we had a competent Galio and a decent Yi, we would've rolled them in 30 minutes...

Andromansis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2010

Now while I agree that what you went through was an epic game and that you and the two members of your team would probably stomp all manner of butt in the 3v3 arena bracket, and that I'd probably pay a couple hundred IP to watch the replay of that game,

what you need to understand is that if they started rewarding people extra for winning with leavers on their team that the fine people of this game would find some way to exploit the hell out of it.

But kudos to you on your well fought victory. I've won a 3v5 once or twice myself and I know they aren't easy.

Camen Sieder

08-29-2010

it never is worth dragging it out unless you are after the win. If you could care less about the win then yeah you might as well let them push your mid and end it...

Rales

08-29-2010

ah well

Estebann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-29-2010

I got 72 IP from a loss yesterday. Granted, it was an 87 minute game...

Abedeus

08-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estebann View Post
I got 72 IP from a loss yesterday. Granted, it was an 87 minute game...
Yeah, I just got 80 IP for winning a 19 minute TT game.

I mean, COME ON. I got 2 IP more for winning a 19 minute game than a freaking 50 minute one. That's just STUPID.

DragonRaider

08-29-2010

Yi has 3 buildings destroyed.

TaPsomB0NG

08-29-2010

yi also had most minion kills, it wasn't a 3v5 dont flatter yourself

Abedeus

08-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRaider View Post
Yi has 3 buildings destroyed.
I assure you, every one of those buildings destroyed, he died to a 4 vs 1 gangbang. WHICH WE TOLD HIM ABOUT.

Quote:
yi also had most minion kills, it wasn't a 3v5 dont flatter yourself
WOW, MINION KILLS! We were killing enemies 48:33 with him farming minions. Also he wasn't there for any of the team fights. One time, he waited till me and Amumu were killed by 3 enemies, then he jumped in, Alpha Striked two of them... and got one-shot by the third. He acted more like a decoy or as a free-kill distraction.

You can tell how useful he was by simple facts - he has twice the deaths I have, 4 kills less (even though I tried to give Poppy and Amumu kills, few times I one-shot escaping enemy by a mistake - didn't think my Q would deal over 500 damage to Garen ;d) and 6 assists less. Also some sort of personality disorder - Archmage's on a Yi is radical at least.

TrrZ

08-29-2010

this game isn't about ip.
if you think otherwise, I pity you