Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to earn game experience?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jungling Evelynn

06-22-2012

Does anyone know the exact formula for earning game experience (i.e. can one earn more game experience by standing around many dying minions or is it better to land the final blow in terms of experience only)?

Thanks guys

Amatzikahni

06-22-2012

It's in an AoE around the death of a minion, I think 800 units or something. If you land the killing blow, the distance doesn't matter (for things like Heimer's turrets). I think Towers grant global XP (someone correct me there), but Drag and Baron only grant local XP like minions. For champs, a kill or assist will give you XP regardless of distance. On Dominion, you also get passive XP. The experience is reduced if multiple players acquire it from the same target, so duo lanes will level slower than solo lanes.

Selcopa

06-22-2012

Champion kills appear to have longer distance than minion kills, even if you dont get an assist as long as you are somewhat near the kill you can get exp

Shlankwald

06-23-2012

He's right about towers giving global exp
The exp is divided among champions in a 1600 radius.
You will get exp from a champ kill if your within 1600 OR you get the kill/assist.