Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Nasus, out for Blood.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WHOTHEFKISDORAN

01-17-2010

Nice guide, i have played 9 pub games today with nasus, lost 1 only because my team was.....well you know...gotta love the mm. Nasus is a monster really....funny thing is i usually become a carry in the games.

I follow your guide mostly, Sheen, boots, scepterx2, usually i get Last whisper because it's awesome/cheap, bloodthirst and i aim for edge but usually games end before i can finish it.
However, i disagree with some of your choices:
-For the masteries, i think smite is the last thing i would ever go for....nasus is already one of the best farmer in the game...i dont see how smite is even close to be good....
-Teleport...okay yea it can works.
I get exhaust because it's awesome for ganks, with the improve in the tree
and i mix for the snd one...rally can be fun...mixed to a exhaust + nasus slow you can beat the target down so fast.
Or sometimes i get clarity because nasus is a mana eater.

Then, i also disagree with your runes, i think armor pen only is a bad idea really.
Crit damage should be what you aim for...you can get a pretty high number, and will deff boost your crits. I do get armor pen with Marks.

God of Failure

01-25-2010

I usuallly do this... Thing is that sometimes i go tank build if its absolutely necessary

Mana crystal, 2 HP potions
Amplyfying Tome-> make Sheen
Buy Boots
Buy Vampiric Scepter
Buy BF Sword
Buy bloodthirster
Buy mercury Treads and Vampiric Scepter
Buy Recurve Bow
Buy Starks
Buy Vampiric Scepter
Buy Bloodthirster
Buy bansheesveil/Infinity Edge/Lastwhisper/Black Cleaver
If you plan on relying on auto attack, replace sheen with black cleaver, but this isnt recommended, its a better build for twitch and teemo

Banshees Veil could be useful to block disables.

Summoner Abilities: Cleanse and Flash
If twitch pops up, flash over to him as quickly as possible, hopefully your team will be focusing. Cleanse is pretty self explanatory.

i wwould not get smite , or clarity, or and of that stuff. Just kill the Golem or ration your mana supply. even without using SF you should b able to last hit a considerable amount of enemies... unlesss you are being pressured.

I do max out my Soul Fire first, your minion kills go up to 200+ a game no problem.

Runes: Marks= Crit Damage or Crit Chance(considering not many items will be giving you much chance to crit in this build, but also notice that siphoning strike DOES NOT CRIT) You might want to get armor pen
Glyphs= Either CD or CD/level. I prefer CD/Level as this build doesnt have much cd items
Seals= HP/Level
Quint= Movement Speed, HP/Level, pick one, dont mix them

primeform

01-25-2010

Quote:
TrickyCat:
Item and skill builds I *strongly* disagree with. Level siphoning strike *last*. Put one point into it early and leave it there, especially if you're building to be a tank. Get E, then Q, then W, then pump into E until you get your ult. Then max W, ult, then Q.

Increasing points into Q early on, only drains your mana unnecessarily, and early game, your objective should be to snowball SS up. The 1 second cooldown reduction doesn't justify making this a mana sink early game, which will just limit the amount you can snowball it.

If you want to go DPS, Stacking lifesteal isn't optimal, because you're sacrificing everything else. Lifesteal is primarily for lane staying power.

DPS Build would be: Sheen -> Phage -> Trinity Force with Berserker Greaves or Merc Treads (depending on team makeup and such.) -> Starks/Last Whisper and if game isn't over -> Infinity Edge. if game still isn't over, pickup Starks/Last Whisper (whichever you didn't pick up previously.)

I feel that stacking Bloodthirsters is kind of noob.

If you want a good tank nasus build. Start off with ruby crystal and rush Aegis into Merc Tread or Ninja Tabi. Then Get Catalyst and make Banshees. After Banshees make Trinity Force (Starting with sheen.) If game isn't over, get frozen heart or start stacking sunfire capes.

If I go DPS Nasus, rather htan maxing W after E, i'll alternate between Q and W, depending on my mood. My General things I roll with are Cleanse and Rally, or Cleanse and Flash.

+1

God of Failure

01-26-2010

There are a few problems with this build after tesing it out throughout several matches

1. Not enough hp to survive.
Poppy can eily beat a nasus with a full build when poppy herself doesnt. How? She has stuns, insane burst damage, and more hp. I just use here as an example, but this also applies to other heroes with stuns, and note that i pack mercury treads AND cleanse.

This build really only owns at noob level games i have found, in non noob, people knw what to do against this build, as peple have already learned crazy ways to get to twitch and udyr and poppy by that skill level

Its not that its hard to pull off, its hard not to counter it, its just too easy to counter.

2. Nasus always gets targeted

I noticed that no matter what build i take, everyone targers nasus cause of the aoe dps on his ult. If you think your not going to be targeted, then i have no idea what your thinking, in a team of twitch, ryze, malphite , and udyr, i got targeted first....

After testing variations of the build i came up with this.

sheen-> mercury-> banshees-> sunfire or warmongs (sunfires damage is irelevant, this is for the armor/hp combo)-> blood thirsts-> starks or another blood thirst.

btw, double blood thirst isnt noob.. but its overly risky. you need to get kills to keep it up, and in desperate situations you dont have the luxury of getting minion kills if your stuck in your base

you can turn that sheen into trinity.. but honestly, the trinity isnt that useful. trinity has some nice things, but that high cost is very bad, its good in low tier games, again, but against more skilled opponents, its bonuses are not what you need in a team fight or even a 1v1 fight

btw the rationale of not going full out armor magic res in hp is that if your going to be a full tank, you might as well play another character that can utilise these better. Going full tank nasus is like going full AP yeti... its okay but not great

Zero47

02-26-2010

I'm trying this build right now, still new so I'm having some trouble in the early laning stage, but what I noticed is that Sheen's effect seems to be different from the explanation offered on the forums and shop. Ingame it says the sheen ability adds 7-127 (or something) base damage after using an ability, instead of the +100% extra base damage, can anyone explain this?

Also wouldn't it be worth upgrading Spirit Fire to 3 or something early game as harassing option? I find it incredably difficult to stay even with an enemy ranged champion without a way of ranged harassing.

Zeero

Recruiter

02-26-2010

Quote:
Zero47:
I'm trying this build right now, still new so I'm having some trouble in the early laning stage, but what I noticed is that Sheen's effect seems to be different from the explanation offered on the forums and shop. Ingame it says the sheen ability adds 7-127 (or something) base damage after using an ability, instead of the +100% extra base damage, can anyone explain this?

Also wouldn't it be worth upgrading Spirit Fire to 3 or something early game as harassing option? I find it incredably difficult to stay even with an enemy ranged champion without a way of ranged harassing.

Sheen was nerfed in the patch this week. Instead of a %increase it's a static amount now. Haven't been able to test it much on Nassus yet but it might be useless now.

To answer your second question, I always max SF first. It is too valuable both for ranged harassment but also for kills. It debuffs quite a bit and does good dmg and really helps in those 2v2 clashes that are inevitable when you are laning on top or bottom. Get some mana regen runes in your blue slots and you should be able to spam SF without much of a problem.

roninsm

02-26-2010

Sheen got nerfed but it's far from useless. It's still a dirt cheap way to significantly increase your damage output.

Zero47

02-27-2010

Can Sheen and Trinity Force be used together? If so does Sheen get applied before Trinity Force? *The damage added by Siphoning Strike does get added before to the base damage (and that gets multiplied by Trinity Force afterwards) I think.

I've been playing with Nasus for a while, right now my item order goes like this:

->Mana crystal + mana potion
->Rush to Trinity Force
->Berserkers Greaves
->2 Vampiric scepters
->Bloodthirster or Starks Fervor *Starks if teambattles have started, BS ifnot*
->The other item mentioned above
->depends on the situation Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, possibly selling a Scepter

Any tips would be appreciated

Jotto999

03-08-2010

I find this kind of build to be pretty fun in non-competitive play.

However, as others have mentioned, good opponents will lock you down and kill you very quickly. You're probably going to get killed quite a lot, if your opponents are good.

My preferred build is an AoE farming tank build, it just seems to fit Nasus so much better. I'm not saying Nasus can't be a DPS. He can be a frightening DPS. It's just that the DPS builds take longer to set up, don't farm as well as tank/AoE, are much more fragile and vulnerable to good opponents, and don't offer as much support for your team.

Besides, tank/AoE builds can actually do pretty nuts DPS on top of being support. Run into a crowd with SF down, Sunfire Cape and pop your ultimate...anything that doesn't get out of the way will die in a few seconds.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. If that's the build that you enjoy the most, seriously, go for it and enjoy yourself. After all, this is a game, last time I checked.

TheWhiteWarden

03-11-2010

While I may not be a master of Nasus yet, I still believe firmly in a good build. I usually end up going for a pusher build, rather than a hero-killer, because, in the end, it's all about killing the Nexus. I usually hit boots first for the early "Gtfo" speeds against laning opponents, and stack my SS and SF before I get Wither, usually have 3 SS 1 W 1 SF before I get the Ult, because even though some have said that sheen mitigates the extra wallop lost by the extra levels of SS, you're not really using SS for heroes at this point, any way. Farming those creeps with sheen AND a higher leveled SS gives you high probability of nearly killing a caster creep with a single SS strike.

And though I still may not be a Master, I know that if you can juggle lanes effectively for team mates, regardless of harrassing skills, you can farm nearly 200+ bonus damage by mid-late game, and by then, you should have some good build items.

My usual build is a bit unusual for Nas, but I tend to go for a DPS build, while still having my HP at around 2500 pre-ult.
I grab boots -> Zerkers/Merc treads, depending on enemy team
Then I hit the items leading up to an early Malady, usually end up having one by level 4 if I get a good farm going.
By then a Stark's shouldn't be too hard to get, as you then become quite annoying to fight against in a lane.
From there I grab either a BT, if I manage to farm the cash for it, or if I want to focus all on my damage output, a IE simply for the +80 damage.
After that, I hit up the Warmogs for some HP output.
Finally, any Attack Speed/Damage weapon of choice. I usually end up with a Black Cleaver for the armor penetration, or for a Guardian Angel, to help if I get myself stuck against a tower or in a sticky situation with someone like Ryze. Those few seconds after he snares me, kills me, then I get back up are crucial, because then I can wither, SS, and SF before he ever manages to GTFO.

This build, while, yes, unusual, is what I use for lane pushing. If I do it well in the game, I can easily take down a tower or an inhibitor with my ult up, and SSing it constantly because I dole out nearly 1K a punch with SS pre-ult, and about 1.2K-1.4K with it, not to mention the AoE lifesteal if someone is attacking me. By this time I can usually push a lane up to the Inhib all by myself, and the enemy either runs away due to a incoming gank, or I GTFO because they failed to notice I just laid the law down on a tower.

I've found that, despite your enthusiasm for Smite/Teleport, most people underestimate the value of Exhaust, regardless of Wither. Exhaust slows MORE than Wither for MS, and I usually get ignite to get those that can outrun me before dying of slow. Pop a wither, wait a second or two, pop exhaust, you have nearly 5-6 seconds of slow. Thats a **** long time, even if they have Merc Treads, and popping exhaust makes their cleanse useless if they use it too soon. With this build, though I don't often get a high KDR, I stopped caring as much when I had to lane push a whole game myself because my allies were too afraid to feed than to push towers. Note: I won that game, as it were, all because I took out two inhibs on my own, and the enemy was too busy with Baron to notice I was taking out buildings, or just didn't care. By this time, my allies saw wtf, and teleported in, and we basically nexus ganked before they even got a chance to get back to base.