Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Nasus, out for Blood.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Handbananna

01-08-2010

Quote:
Atmosfear:
This build is too glass-cannon for me. Being a melee you're possibly one of the most fragile characters in game and that goes for any melee carry. With no boosts to armor or HP one stun and its over.

Also, I really wish people wouldn't immediately dismiss tank-Nasus at the start of every guide. He is one of the sturdiest tanks in the game that provides amazing pushing capability and offensive utility using wither.

Well A damage built nasus with T-force or sheen is an amazing pusher, even more amazing the more damage you stack. So while he maybe a glass cannon he can rival yi and twitches tower raping ability if you have a moderate amount of damage through items or even just a very high number of SS killshots to boost SS with.

I played my lowest killscore game today with nasus going 5-5-20, and most of those assists and kills didnt come till the end of the game when we were in their base. However instead of ganking I let the rest of my team bunch up and fight the 5 enemy players, while I would rush up with a creep wave and bust down 1-2 towers before they and finished up the fight. In the end I wound up having about 12 building kills had to stomp a couple feeble backdoor attempts made by the enemy team trying to salvage the game they destroyed by getting to caught up trying to ace my team while I ran around bashing their lanes and eventually base in.

And just because you built your keeper for hero crushing jonas dosent mean he isn't an amazing tower killer either

Kelin

01-08-2010

Quote:
inept:
seems like a pub-stomp build, no?

you bank the build around the enemy having no CC whatsoever, which only will occur against baddies.

no build should ever revolve around all attack items, as the bonuses you gain are diminishing. no one cares how much damage your putting out if you cant even get a hit in!

if you want to play nasus, or basically every other character, you need some sort of balance adjusting your items according to the opposition. you should never be building the same way every game.

my input for a typical fit-all nasus build is probably something like

merc treads
sheen
Guardian angel
banshee veil(so ****ing important)
bloodthirster
some sort of aura(frozenheart is probably the best.)

gives you all the damage you'll ever need(700-1k per SS on low CD)
and very nice lifesteal/survivability.

interesting concept though OP

It depends on your teammates, but aegis and/or starks favor is a win on Nasus. Your team will need it, just trade guardian angel for aegis in that case.

I totally agree on banshee veil btw. It never occurs to people, but around the time you get good magic resistance the enemy caster WILL have void staff (and his mastery skill) meaning 55% magic resistance reducement + 9 from runes... not counting possible magic resistance reducement passives. (fiddle for example) or other items.

if you buy chalice + mercury (= around 60 mr + 30 from natural resistance ) you only have 90, in the end you only have like 35 magic resistance. Stacking magic resistance is useless, banshee veil on the other hand effectively can cut a mage his damage down drastically because 1 spell less (or can save you from a stun/slow).

It's good on nassus.

Elementz

Senior Recruiter

01-08-2010

Not maxing spirit fire first so you can last his is the silliest thing ever. You'll clear lanes by maxing spirit fire making you have ridiculous farm. You'll always get 1-2 siphon strikes reguardless of your spirit fire rank if you know what you're doing.

Also all you need to do DPS on nasus is a triforce. That is all to be honest. Get defensive items and make him a ******ed tank so you can dive anyone while still siphon striking for 450+ non crit. You can grab a IE if you think you're tanky enough but triforce then right to tank items then last item IE if you got it or a madreds depending on what kinda setup you're fighting.

Kelin

01-08-2010

Can someone please help me out with the following...

Siphoning strike, I need to know how it works. First of all, is the damage magic or phyiscal? Or maybe even partly phyiscal/magic?

Does the + damage get calculated in the critical strike calculation?

I'm pretty sure it gets calculated in the sheen proc/trinity force proc but can someone confirm this?

Thanks!

KrupsMcGee

01-08-2010

This looks like an awesome build. I am lvl 15 so not playing the most experienced opponents yet but I played a game with a meki pendant and pots to start and stayed in my lane pushing all the way to the 3rd tower by level 11 without porting once and had enough $ to buy an infinity edge and berserker greaves on my first pill. When I came back out I was ss'ing for (crit) over 1k before armor, nearly acing their team with help (last 1 got away) taking out the tower and inhibiter and making lvl 14, winning around 20 min. Maybe this isn't achievable at lvl 30 & high ELO but I was last hitting every creep in the wave with ss by the time it was lvl 3 and could stay forever thanks to my pendant. Also took clarity, as silly as it may seem.

Mbutu

01-08-2010

Good job writing the guide!

Quote:
Atmosfear:
This build is too glass-cannon for me. Being a melee you're possibly one of the most fragile characters in game and that goes for any melee carry. With no boosts to armor or HP one stun and its over.

Also, I really wish people wouldn't immediately dismiss tank-Nasus at the start of every guide. He is one of the sturdiest tanks in the game that provides amazing pushing capability and offensive utility using wither.

On the first point I do agree... Being melee carry without any armor/hp boost means CC is really effective on you. As for the second, I believe his potential lies with gangking/pushing (the 2 top priorities in this metagame), and can be more effective to the team instead of tanking. As a tank you actually want to have an ability that makes you want to get hit, or suits you for taking damage more then the other heroes do. Nasus has far more offensive potential then defensive, not discarding the idea though, it could be interesting.

As for the build, I think it's interesting, but I would tweak it a bit... While you say correctly that the dmg and lifesteal (assuming lifesteal stacks linearly) work great for Nasus, I still think Last Whisper is no brainer. here is why: while a second bloodthirster adds insane damage (assuming you start killing right away), if in teamfights you get focused (and that will happen 9/10 times) and they will be able to hit you harder then you can hit them, you will die, which is bad for the bloodthirster charges. Because you're a not too fast attacker, you will benefit greatly from items that give you increased attackspeed. As the last item i would actually choose attackspeed over damage, since it will utilise you previously gotten damage perfectly, I would even consider getting it earlier. Then you got the tanks (regardless of having CC). They will be harder to kill for you because they stack insane amounts of armor on them and lots will have a sunfire cape (often multiple), killing you slowly (the leeching back fails a bit there, since armor reduces the damage done, and thus the life regained). to bring down tanks more easily, I would still advise a Last Whisper, because you will ignore 15% of their armor, which is in itself a great DPS booster, and the sturdier te tank, the more you will benefit from it. Another viable option for this would be a Black Cleaver, it will give you damage, as well as help kill everything more easily.

the items I would recommend on Nasus (in no particular order):

• Mercury Treads
  • Bloodthirster
  • Banshee's Veil
  • Last Whisper
  • Sheen (this is a must!)
  • Stark's fervor/Bloodthirster/Infinity Edge
where as the last slot would mean the first if your role is mainly pushing, and the last two for mainly ganking (pick your favorite).

get Sheen and treads early, blood and whisper next, and last veil/(last slot)

Stil a good T-up for the guide as a whole, maybe you can put in some situational items for a hard early game, or other options for other roles.

inept

01-08-2010

anything without a GA on nasus is just incomplete in my opinion. if you arent dying first or second in the teamfight, you arent doing your job. you have to make your presence known so they either run or have to kil you.

Jonas Sterling

01-09-2010

Quote:
inept:
anything without a GA on nasus is just incomplete in my opinion. if you arent dying first or second in the teamfight, you arent doing your job. you have to make your presence known so they either run or have to kil you.

If you're dying in a teamfight, something went wrong. Nasus isn't a tank, and shouldn't initiate unless forced too.

And if he's forced too, it shows that there was a variable in said team fight that was unseen, like catching an Ashe and a Nunu in your forest; initiate via lure, never hit ult and take them. No. This build makes Nasus into a combat Monster, much like Udyr. Not a tank.

Replace boots with Guardian Angel at end-game if you really want. Movement speed isn't too important with some + Movement speed on other items, like T-Force, and with a slow like Wither, a good Nasus could gank with 350 movement speed.

Zeero

Recruiter

01-11-2010

I just wanted to hop in and say thanks for the guide. It helped me learn nassus a little better and play around with different items. I have found a build that so far has been my favorite and its kind of a hybrid. I have played about 50 games with nassus now and feel pretty comfortable with him.

As suggested in this guide I start with Sapphire, health pot, mana pot. I then get boots and sheen on first recall, sometimes vamp scepter if i have enough. Then I rush to Trinity and from there finish boots, then banshees, then starks typically. Order changes depending on team and game comps though.

I have had the most luck with a build that looks something like:

Trinity Force
Mercury Treads
Banshees Veil
Starks Fervor
Sunfire Cape
Sunfire Cape

I find that the sunfires work so well with his ult that it literally just melts anyone standing even close to you. The starks gives enough lifesteal to withstand a huge amount of pummeling and with this build you have a truckload of hitpoints. I was almost two shotting a farmed up Master Yi with my SS with this build as well so your dmg is still amazing.

As long as you farm up SS to reasonable dmg amount you are virtually unstoppable by about the time you have Starks, Trinity, and Banshees. The sunfires are just icing on the cake.

For summoner abilities I typically run with Ghost and Cleanse. Cleanse is indispensable and I find ghost more useful in more situations than teleport. I'v also had some success with Rally + Cleanse.

Hyfe

01-12-2010

Zeero's build is win. I build very similar, sheen first, but I usually don't build trin until after banshees veil. Sunfire is so awesome with his ult, you are completely right if you drop spirit fire and ult with a sunfire faces start melting like indiana jones. I typically build a frozen heart to tho for cooldown reduction and debuff. And only get starks if no one else is.

I've been running 21 0 9 with cleanse and rally. If u throw down sf rally ult w/ sunfires and thwock away don't be surprised to come out of a 5v5 w/ 2 or 3 kills. Use cleanse if you get stunned ofc.