Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Nasus, out for Blood.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jonas Sterling

12-25-2009

Currently, Runes should prominantly be Armor Pen on Red, Health on Yellow, and Cooldown on Blue. Fairly bland, but effecient. Damage could also be subbed for Red, due to Starks and Spirit fire providing quite a bit of Armor reduction on their own, but stacking it another 20 from Red runes is a good idea.

I have continued to test trying to do a plethora of things, including the ever prominant Rush T-Force: This does not work. Trinity Force makes him bursty, not effecient at killing. I still believe in grabbing a Thirster (Maybe a Zeal earlier with the Sheen and Fervor) before getting a T-Force. Without any base damage, the item is just an all-around buff, not a monster combat buff like it can/should be.

I have to somewhat agree with replacing some early ranks of SS for Wither. However, 2-3 ranks before 11 is crucial for ganking, in my opinion. It also allows more versitility with last hitting some of the tougher mobs; plus you average four SS's a dragon kill, dealing an additional 120-150 damage with that ability alone is never a bad thing.

I <3 the Discussion this thread is getting, keep it coming guys. I just really hope people know they can't and won't change my opinion on the build with aspects from other builds; Out for Blood is a terrifying, combat monster of a build. Not a push build, or anything else.

-Sterling

Xptical

12-27-2009

Hi all, new player here.

I bought the whatever pack and played a few characters. I'm trying to find something that meets my role-playing style. And the build from the first page is pretty close. I love the lifesteal. But I hate getting rooted or stunned by mobs.

After my first few games, I found that lifesteal was really too much. I was running out of mana *way* before I was out of life. And I really couldn't get the final kills on the enemy.

Anyway, I think it works okay for me. But I do add in some mana regen after a few levels. I basically stagger lifesteals with mana regens. Towards the end, I get random stuff just to try it out.

Oh, I should add I'm only playing solo against bots. So what I do probably won't work out in a real game. But I really like this build so far...

ApocalypX

12-28-2009

First, great guide!

To the above poster: I have very few mana problems at all during the game, just make sure to use spirit fire sparingly.

Last, why are armor pen runes superior to damage runes?

HowlingKommando

12-28-2009

Great guide, as I really like the skill build, which is superior to just maxing SF first which a lot of guides recommend.

I would still recommend a Banshee's Veil after Sheen in a lot of cases though. It's just too useful of an item to ignore.

MechanicalOrange

12-29-2009

I have tried your build and it is VERY AWESOME !!!! I think I played about 20 or so games with your build (and frankly I have fallen in love with Nasus) and I only finished 3-4 without them surrendering :X. No one can take a beating from Nasus , NOT EVEN Jax (only if he isn't too well fed). I beat up Jax till his head was flat. The key really is last hitting with SS. I managed to solve the disabler part a bit(beacause if they have a lot of stun and disablers you become useless) I go for a Banshee's Veil after I have Sheen , Boots and Emblem of Valor (ONLY if they have! otherwise I go by your build). I know it isn't much but I managed to not feed like hell and got a positive score(Give yout opinion on this one).

All and all in his ulti he is FEARSOME and if they have tank it is even cooler. RESPECT!

Jonas Sterling

12-29-2009

Quote:
ApocalypX:
First, great guide!

To the above poster: I have very few mana problems at all during the game, just make sure to use spirit fire sparingly.

Last, why are armor pen runes superior to damage runes?

.32 damage per rune, = 3 extra damage at level 1.

vs.

1.96 aPr per rune, = 18 aPr at level 1.

Nasus' base damage is 55 at 1. + 3 = 58, after the standard 26 armor of an enemy champion about 40.

Nasus' with 18 armor pen brings the reduction down to something like 9%, hitting champions for about 52.

About a 12 damage difference at level 1.

Same is true for damage/aPr runes over time, the aPr comes out on top.

Zeero

Recruiter

01-04-2010

so I've recently started playing Nassus and have tried this guide out for quite a few games now. It seems to work well but I still lose most games. as an example, my last game played with Nassus I had been pwning their team all game my stats were 22 - 8 - 13 or something. However Even though I could easily solo anyone on their team, even two at a time, in the late game we ended up losing. They had so much stun/disable/dmg that even with life steal up I would SS 2-3 full life bars and still end up dying.

I can see how this build does well, and it definitely causes nassus to put out insane dmg and be feared by the enemy team. I have been farmed up completely (im talking 2 bloodthirsters, IE, Starks, Sheen, the works), killed champions all game, and still managed to lose multiple times with this item build even though I have had an extremely good K/D ratio. It's extremely frustrating.

I think I am going to try a hybrid tank/dps build and pickup sunfire, frozen heart, warmogs or something like that. I don't know. I'm just sick of losing when I can rip their team apart but fail to do so because of a couple disables. I even used Cleanse and Ghost most often to help prevent these issues but even that didn't help. Any suggestions?

It just seems like in higher rated games, or against competent casters, your massive dmg and life steal don't mean much because you just get CC'd and FF'd down too quickly. I'm used to playing Trynd and I could do very successful with a build like this because of his ult alone. Nassus has no invuln so I think he needs to worry about HP and tank items a little more imo. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

gowfaec

01-04-2010

Quote:
Zeero:

It just seems like in higher rated games, or against competent casters, your massive dmg and life steal don't mean much because you just get CC'd and FF'd down too quickly. I'm used to playing Trynd and I could do very successful with a build like this because of his ult alone. Nassus has no invuln so I think he needs to worry about HP and tank items a little more imo. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

That's the just of it. Nasus's abilities wreck in team fights, his ult is pretty monstrous, and everyone who doesn't avoid spirit fire like the plague will get stomped on. You don't really need so many damage items to make a big impact, especially with a snowballed SS. If you play Nasus like this you might as well be playing tryndamere or yi. Against any good team a Nasus like this will get killed pretty quickly, you're a big dps threat, and all your survivability involves hitting them.

Hence, build him like a tank and let your abilities do the talking. The longer you can throw your aoe -6% health a second around, the better.

inept

01-04-2010

seems like a pub-stomp build, no?

you bank the build around the enemy having no CC whatsoever, which only will occur against baddies.

no build should ever revolve around all attack items, as the bonuses you gain are diminishing. no one cares how much damage your putting out if you cant even get a hit in!

if you want to play nasus, or basically every other character, you need some sort of balance adjusting your items according to the opposition. you should never be building the same way every game.

my input for a typical fit-all nasus build is probably something like

merc treads
sheen
Guardian angel
banshee veil(so ****ing important)
bloodthirster
some sort of aura(frozenheart is probably the best.)

gives you all the damage you'll ever need(700-1k per SS on low CD)
and very nice lifesteal/survivability.

interesting concept though OP

Hyfe

01-04-2010

The last few posts in this thread are win. He's a versatile, hybrid, DPS/tank type character and should be played that way.

Good Nasus items (pick from them):

merc treads
sheen -> trinity force
starks
warmogs
frozen heart
banshees veil
bloodthirster
sunfire cape
a few others

Lifesteal build is nifty... but hardly practical against a good team.