Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Nasus, out for Blood.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carnberg

11-30-2009

Hey Jonas,
great guide, I think you're right about utilizing SS and his passive lifesteal.
I've been wondering if you, or anyone else has considered the possibility of using Tiamat with nasus or sion to wrack in more kills for their abilities? Has this been tested?
Thanks, and keep it up,
Carn

cutyohairfoo

11-30-2009

I've been trying out this build. It's a little dependent on the enemy champions and you have to play carefully. I bring cleanse and flash so combined with my ultimate I can get away from most things. Mercury's treads help a lot too.

If things go well the other team will be scared of you by the end of the game and you're doing 1,200 damage siphoning strikes with 70%+ lifesteal.

Ranged heroes, singed, evelyn, etc will be annoying to deal with until about halfway through the game but this build has a snowball effect and things get progressively easier.

Kickn

12-02-2009

ok instead of going SS for nasus have you thought of getting the chest piece for him that gives +4 health and .5 hp regen per minion killed? and going spirit fire with tons of ap. this makes you one very beastly character ^^

Jonas Sterling

12-04-2009

With the coming of the new patch, I will be doing testing and theorycrafting to see if I can't change/improve this build with the new changes. Thank you for everyone that supported/helped make this guide successful.

I will also bring in a Rune section, I promise

blackmoses

12-07-2009

all i have to say if you're playing nasus as a primary damage champion you must use cleanse as one of your summoner spells.

also no trinityforce = bad item build for nasus

Dreadstone

12-07-2009

Im sorry this build is sad... all your going for is power and lifesteal. and sheen makes no sense it is pointless for him.

Monxide

12-07-2009

Quote:
Dreadstone:
Im sorry this build is sad... all your going for is power and lifesteal. and sheen makes no sense it is pointless for him.

Is sheen pointless for his spammable SS? wth lol...

Asfastasican

12-18-2009

I tried this build today for the heck of it, and while I agree with all of the comments about stun taking a DPS Nasus out and it not having enough durability in high-end play... most of you are completely disregarding a very VERY important thing about this build.

Jungling capability...

You can always dip out of a lane and jungle and you can do it extremely early in the game with the abundance of lifesteal in this build. It's also worth mentioning that lizard makes you very scary at any point of the game and golem makes up for the lack of soulfire. Sure, if you want more soulfire to aoe farm lanes more, be my guest, but because of the jungling factor, this build has more merit then most of you think.

Also, the whole "you're gonna get stunned!" arguement can be pretty narrow when you think about it. You're not considering what Nasus' team is doing to support him and you can always elect to get mercury trends if you want. You'll lose out on attack speed, but stark's provides a sufficient amount of that.

And to the poster about complaining about sheen, you're completely forgetting that you can upgrade your sheen to a Trinity Force whenever you want. The sheen is there to give Nasus enough mana to manage from the get go and also to give him some great SS damage all-game long.

TrickyCat

12-18-2009

Item and skill builds I *strongly* disagree with. Level siphoning strike *last*. Put one point into it early and leave it there, especially if you're building to be a tank. Get E, then Q, then W, then pump into E until you get your ult. Then max W, ult, then Q.

Increasing points into Q early on, only drains your mana unnecessarily, and early game, your objective should be to snowball SS up. The 1 second cooldown reduction doesn't justify making this a mana sink early game, which will just limit the amount you can snowball it.

If you want to go DPS, Stacking lifesteal isn't optimal, because you're sacrificing everything else. Lifesteal is primarily for lane staying power.

DPS Build would be: Sheen -> Phage -> Trinity Force with Berserker Greaves or Merc Treads (depending on team makeup and such.) -> Starks/Last Whisper and if game isn't over -> Infinity Edge. if game still isn't over, pickup Starks/Last Whisper (whichever you didn't pick up previously.)

I feel that stacking Bloodthirsters is kind of noob.

If you want a good tank nasus build. Start off with ruby crystal and rush Aegis into Merc Tread or Ninja Tabi. Then Get Catalyst and make Banshees. After Banshees make Trinity Force (Starting with sheen.) If game isn't over, get frozen heart or start stacking sunfire capes.

If I go DPS Nasus, rather htan maxing W after E, i'll alternate between Q and W, depending on my mood. My General things I roll with are Cleanse and Rally, or Cleanse and Flash.

John Q Public

12-18-2009

so what runes should i get?