Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Nasus, out for Blood.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reiki

11-19-2009

Nice guide, I enjoyed playing with the build but what about picking up tiamat as an item. Anybody know if killing creeps with the splash on siphon strike and tiamat boosts its damage? If so I think you have to pick it up. Not to mention the bonus damage and regen.

Valkor

11-19-2009

Quote:
Reiki:
Nice guide, I enjoyed playing with the build but what about picking up tiamat as an item. Anybody know if killing creeps with the splash on siphon strike and tiamat boosts its damage? If so I think you have to pick it up. Not to mention the bonus damage and regen.

No. Killing multiple creeps with one SS using Tiamit does not boost your SS more than once. Tested it in a practice game.

Malleus Deum

11-23-2009

nice build add a banshies veil and its gg thats all i got to say.

Jonas Sterling

11-23-2009

Thanks for the support everyone, I'm glad to see the guide is helping.

I have a Rammus one floating around, but it never got noticed.

Riotcontrol

11-24-2009

I feel a bit short on mana, gotta have golem buff really all the time to avoid going back home to refill, and I like a bit of health armor and mr wich i get from boots and a sunfire before putting the bloodthirster together, if you raise ur ss enough youll be far more durable and still pack a punch, of course only have time to put 1 bloodthirster on most games after the sunfire. This leaves only one problem wich is summoner spell to avoid the disables, I use mana as summoner spell to avoid the runs back and forth to golem but then I lack the escape spell or gotta drop teleport..
Its a very interesting build but it just has too many holes to be really good, I like more of an allrounder and focusing only on lifesteal isnt enough against some champions, and doesnt feel like will do well on higher tiers of competition.

Fun to play on a public server and I would recommend everyone to try it out, it gives a excelent perspective on how good SS can be with early sheen, definitely a whole new perspective on nasus.

Mr Wednesday

Recruiter

11-24-2009

I really like the thought that went into this build, and how well it all fits together with Nasus's strengths. After trying it out, though, I've yet to have a great game with it. Some issues that I've had, that perhaps you can advise me on:

1) Mana. SF is a necessity in early laning, and it takes out a big chunk of mana with each wave. Trying to balance laying down SF with SS last-hitting leaves you drained, quickly, and with no additional regen I end up running around with no abilities for far too long. Wither takes a lot, too, and I rarely have a chance to use it because I can't cast it.

2) Gold. Nasus farms really well, but I still can't figure out where you get the gold to complete this build. The BF swords are such a huge chunk of the cost that you can't really build incrementally, either. The end result is that I feel very squishy/useless for a big chunk of the middle game, when I should be chasing and assassinating.

3) Wither. It's not a great snare at all. Most of the time I find that I can't chase anyone down before Wither wears off, so my victims make it back to the turret before I can get there. The Wither-hit-SS-hit combo only works if you have enough time, and it doesn't seem feasible.

4) Team fights. By the time you get to a point where you can pwn 1v1, team fights have usually started. Nasus draws a lot of attention, especially if you hit this hard and pop ult, and even with crazy lifesteal you get focused down too quickly to be a factor. In terms of synergy, there seems to be more value in making yourself indestructible while you put out ult AOE damage and channel that into harder autoattacks after you survive the initial wave of stuns/disables.

Maybe this build just has a higher learning curve than others. I love the potential here, but right now it seems like more of a novelty than anything.

Riotcontrol

11-24-2009

Focus on ss only and dont use sf in the whole early and mid game, that will fix the mana problem, and since ur not using sf raise wither as second priority, it will become usefull much sooner, thats two problems down, the only problem I cant solve is the team fights, everyone seems to target you first and the lifesteal just doesnt cut it, ive ben trying add a bit of tank, or go full dmg withotu so much lifesteal but i cant get a set of items that looks perfect.

tartrus

11-24-2009

Nasus is just nasty in team fights, I prefer tank build and just use my ulti for damage. But i find peeps want u out of the fight no matter what, i always get primaried but that could also be cus i run in first . I would say mate if u wanna use this build in team fights u gota run in just after the fight starts so most of there CD's hav been blown. Then proceed to rape some faces.

I go trinity, merc boots, warmogs amour. Standard build for me then depending on the team i go for dps or more tank in AP/MR.

But i will try your build tonight and see how much fun i can hav with it.

TSP Cinnabar

11-24-2009

Quote:
Riotcontrol:
I feel a bit short on mana, gotta have golem buff really all the time to avoid going back home to refill, and I like a bit of health armor and mr wich i get from boots and a sunfire before putting the bloodthirster together, if you raise ur ss enough youll be far more durable and still pack a punch, of course only have time to put 1 bloodthirster on most games after the sunfire. This leaves only one problem wich is summoner spell to avoid the disables, I use mana as summoner spell to avoid the runs back and forth to golem but then I lack the escape spell or gotta drop teleport..
Its a very interesting build but it just has too many holes to be really good, I like more of an allrounder and focusing only on lifesteal isnt enough against some champions, and doesnt feel like will do well on higher tiers of competition.

Fun to play on a public server and I would recommend everyone to try it out, it gives a excelent perspective on how good SS can be with early sheen, definitely a whole new perspective on nasus.

Teleport is not that common in higher level play. It's really just a waste. You might as well get rid of it for other skills that you need.

fengzou

11-29-2009

as many have mentioned b4, going all dmg and relying on lifesteal to stay alive will simply get you killed in 1 disable.

on top of all this, nasus's ulti is designed for you to rush in and stay alive in the middle of 5 enemies through out its duration to maximize its benefits. it so entails that tanking builds would be much more favoreable.

and maxing ss early really gives me huge mana issues, someone mentioned using rank 1 until late game, since u always get the +2 per kill on all ranks, is a big relief to the mana issues as u can keep it at 20 mana a cast instead of like 42 or w/e.

as a melee if your laning against any1 decent, not going the 475 hp regen off the start is suicide because ur not gonna get to stay in melee to get your life back from LS. (this is if ur soloing)