[Guide] Nasus, out for Blood.

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redskizzers

11-05-2009

Can't wait for the Mundo guide.

I play my mundo as a cleaver spam and heavy hitting spec, only getting his aoe after I've maxed everything else. Also I ignore ranks 2 and 3 of his ult untill around 15-16, as rank 1 gives me the hp I need.

But I've been thinking of trying out a new build, where I stack +damage and + attack speed rather then going right for a mogs and then try to be a melee monster, getting masochism and buring agony to full after rank one cleaver. Once runes come out I'd stack crit chance (as lvl 2 crit with maso up does more damage then a tower blast, even with full hp.) or crit dmg

I've been too scared to try it, (I dont' want to find out it sucks and then feed for the next half hour) but next game I play I'll give it a go. I'm interested as to how you play your Mundo, you seem to have a pretty good grasp of the intricacies of the game.

Lazeez

11-09-2009

Just tried this build tonight, it is extremely viscous, you really are a killing machine, I doubt anyone but Jax can take you 1v1 with that much Lifesteal. I was able to get dual Bloodthirsters too towards the end of the game and even an Infinitys Edge. You really rape face.

However, I will have to agree with a lot of posters here, stuns and such will completely ruin your game. Not that it doesn't do that to everyone, but in a semi decent team after a few team battles people will realize the amounts of damage you are doing and once you pop your ult you will be immediately switched to and killed within seconds. You are too big of a threat in terms of damage and in terms of survivability since you will be at full hp at the end of the battle and just clean up, while putting out a ton of hurt.

It is a really good build though for just solo queing and pub stomping, just like many other carrys. I will still use it when I just wanna stomp some newbies, just like a good Ryze or a Yi slap chopping away.

Thanks for guide.

MORRTHAN

11-11-2009

Good guide mate, although i have some doubts.
I personally feel more at ease if i build him up in a different way.
I usually start up with
1- meki pendant-->7- chalice
2- boots of speed--> 3- nija tabi (vs melee) or sorc. shoes(vs casters)
4- sheen (the proc is very handy)-->6- trinity force (aka the Nasus item)
5- last whisper (the damage and attack speed are a must to thwock off enemy heads as soon as possible)
7- tiamat (excels at defending home base or hacking through rows of creeps)
8- frozen mallet
I start up with SF at the beginning and go SS, W, SF, SS, SF, ult, max ult, SF and SS, and for last, max W.
The gold and SS last hits farming potential of SF is huge, and i usally end games with 10-20/2-5/5-10 scoreboard.
Not mentioning the "IWIN!" button. (press "R" when you feel epic)
Anyway, this is my opinion...

Shulduar

11-11-2009

I hope to see guide with picture and video ...because its make me wanna sleep.

Thien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2009

After reading this guide, I felt obligated to give my two piece. I'm a Nasus main and i can assure you that lifesteal isn't the way to go.

At high elo, it's all about team battles and survivability is extremely important, for nasus atleast. Lifesteal build is just asking to get ganked by a ryze or some other random stun/exhaust. Nasus is more of a snare support tank. That's right, you come in as a tank, snare, debuff, and survive dishing out enough bonus damage to win team battles. Not only that, but he is also an anti melee since wither gives -attkspeed.

Beginning game is all about lane dominance and farming syphoning. you wont' get wither till lvl 4 or so and it is used primarily as a snare/anti-melee. nasus's power lies in his anti-farming and lane pushing ability. he's purely support untill end game. but after you get sheen and infinity blade, he's dps tank.

However, the strength of nasus is the fact that he is not item dependant on damage. unlike other characters like tristani or ashe, that depends on expensive items for damage, all you need is a 1.2k sheen to buff your damage up. this leaves alot of options for nasus and alot of different item builds dependant on the situation. varying anything from philosopher's stone to chalice for mana and starter item, stark or last whisper and so on.

zgzg2020

11-15-2009

I love you item build for Nasus! I tried to play Nasus a couple of days ago several times, and each I tried different builds, but none of them worked out well. Then, I made a search on the forum and found a couple of guides, and saw yours were the one with the most logic for me. I played Sion for a lengthy time before, and his %100 lifesteal had me winning two on 1 brawls many times. So. I had a sense of how powerful high lifesteal can be.

Your guide was on the spot! I even was in a situation with Katrina and Shaco ganking me. I saw Katrina blink then do her ult, and I remembered what you said in the guide that he can take even her ult on with no problems, and he did!!! Then I turned at Shaco, and fought to the last breath, and took him out with Sophinic Strike!

Thank you so much for this amazing guide!!!

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2009

Hmm.. I must be playing a tank way wrong, because I built my Nasus tank just like this. ****.. no wonder I was dying so often, haha.

Darhaja

11-16-2009

Uhh, why you never upgraded you're sheen to a trinity force beats me =X.

zgzg2020

11-16-2009

I played a match yesterday against a team that included Ashe(slow), Teemo(blind), Blitzcrank(stun), Kayle(slow) and Taric(stun). I couldn't do have of what I was able to do the matches before...
How do I counter slow, blind...etc?

Dahras

11-16-2009

To respond to Dev, while I'd agree that everyone except tanks are countered by stuns, the reason that stuns work so well on the non-tanks is that either their support or damage is enough to justify this weakness. The reason that the weakness to stuns is highlighted in reference to this build is that "Bloody Nasus" is more of a semi-tank (dps tank) than a true dps'er. He can do a lot of damage, but not as much as a farmed Yi, for example, but unlike Yi, his 90% lifesteal means he just doesn't die. When Bloody Nasus is destroyed in 5 seconds after being stuned, the 90% lifesteal is a wasted stat because obviously it didnt help him survive.

While I haven't played this build in particular, I have played Nasus a good amount. In my experience, in any build, his DPS is improved massively by Sheen alone, and after that, he can be built for aura's or tanking to make himself a very effective DPS tank. In my opinion, substituting lifesteal in for tanking items is not the most effective use of money on Nasus.

On the other hand, I've yet to try the build. I'll be sure to try it out before I give final judgement.

1234567 ... 11