Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Singed...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bizzzing

06-22-2012

You do realize singed probably had faster boots and rylai's? So his movement speed is higher and he is also slowing you. That combined with his higher base movement speed would obviously make him faster than you. Try oh I don't know.....exhaust?

Kryye

06-22-2012

Quote:
Bizzzing:
You do realize singed probably had faster boots and rylai's? So his movement speed is higher and he is also slowing you. That combined with his higher base movement speed would obviously make him faster than you. Try oh I don't know.....exhaust?

You have no clue what you're talking about. I already said I had boots of swiftness, the fastest boots in the game.I also said I have 40% slow from frozen mallet. And I was using exhaust. There is no reason he should have been able to escape unless his ultimate makes him run at 300% speed.

Aqua Dragon 33

Recruiter

06-22-2012

It's actually not as improbable as you think! One simple factor makes it happen so easily: a speed steroid.

One of my most well-remembered moments as Yorick was when i was chasing down a Nasus. I activated both Omen of War and my Youmou's Ghostblade at the same time. I was running so fast, that not even Wither's 60% slow with exhaust was able to significantly slow me down, and I was still catching up with Nasus, who had no speed enhancers himself.

Here's an important thing to remember: when movement speed gets above a certain amount, a soft cap is applied onto it. Straight from the wikia:

If the raw speed is 415 or under, no cap is applied.
If the raw speed is between 415 and 490, final speed is soft capped to RawMS × 0.8 + 83.
If the raw speed is above 490, final speed is soft capped to RawMS × 0.5 + 230.

My "RawMS" was well above 490, but the softcap brought it down significantly so I wasn't running as fast as I "truely" would have without the softcap.

When Nasus used his wither on me, it brought me down below 490, meaning the soft cap slowing no longer existed. His slow amount was countered by the additional speed I got from having my speed reduced, paradoxically.

The same thing happens when I'm playing Yorick against Singed. His poison often is insufficient to slow me down enough once I have Omen of War out. But I don't ever ever try running through the smoke. Kiting is essential to defeating Singed, and as Jax, having no speed modifier means that kiting is your only tool to defeat him. Things to remember:

-If you can avoid engaging him while he has the insanity potion active, avoid it. Do not chase Singed. Do not chase Singed. Never chase Singed. No matter how low Singed is, you NEVER chase Singed.

-I talked to my brother, who mains Jax and has no trouble against Singed players. He advices that you need to be as defensive as possible against Singed until you hit level 6. Once you do, your attack order is to activate dodge, run at him, land the stun, give him some good whacks, and jump out before he can retaliate. Avoid jumping at Singed for initiation, because otherwise he will just flip you backward and start his slowing and you will take a brutal beatdown before you escape.

Defend, kite, build MR, only ever engage with Grandmaster's Might, and don't chase. These are the ways to defeat Singed as Jax, or as any top really. Those are the same three strategies I used when I play Yorick as well, although I'm fortunate that Yorick can move so fast, that I can usually kite Singed in front of him away from the poison.

Mavrik V

Recruiter

06-22-2012

Did he have Merc threads? Did he have 21 points in tank masteries? Did he have MS quints? Singed is literally designed to **** on bruisers/fighters and kite them all day, why would you cry about losing to Singed as a bruiser/fighter? Try using your Blackwater Cutlass/Gunblade active next time.

AgonisT

06-22-2012

See the problem is you were chasing him, which is exactly what you don't do with Singed. You could say it's not fair he can still outrun you despite all the slows you mentioned, but that's what Singed is based around, being able to run around. If he couldn't do that effectively he'd be next to useless. If him being able to run away is your problem, try using someone with harder and more consistant CC. A Leona with the same build your Jax had would have no problem locking him down.

Ryuzaki xD

07-02-2012

kryye is a fkin troll

Verdinate

07-03-2012

As a singed player which wins every game I play with him in 3vs3 and 3vs3 ranked (Check out my team Leopard), To win against Singed you need high cc. Darius is really good with the bleed and the pulling and the slow. You need a lot of CC, I just kite with Singed like a king and win games. You still need skills and learn how to play him, it takes some time, but he is not OP.