@Riot: Per Win IP Boost gives 60 IP for Dominion, 100 for SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snicky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-02-2012

I can understand why you'd reduce the rate for the time based boosts to prevent IP Power Gaming, but it's kinda unfair for the per win type. If enjoy playing Dominion, you miss out of nearly half of the bonus.

inb4 Dominion haters.

FinalMystery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

It's fair because of the exact method you mentioned. If you do dominion you spend less time and people could abuse the IP boost. If you feel strongly about the IP boost, you can always buy more IP boost time. If you're just complaining about the free IP boost just released and have no intention of ever buying actual IP boost time, you're not going to get a lot of sympathy for complaining about something you got for free.

cosmologyy

05-02-2012

Simple logical version : Dominion = short , normal = long thus resulting in different ip ratios

Snicky

Recruiter

05-02-2012

As I stated, I could see where per day boosts could be abused to super-farm IP, but per win boosts operate in a completely different way. They're flat rate for a reason - to avoid power gaming by purposely going for longer games. Otherwise people would be rewarded for dragging games out to maximize their boost amount. Game time shouldn't be a factor.

Ignore the fact that per day boosts exist and just think about it from the per win perspective. If you pay 670 RP for a boost (or earn it through another means), you get 1000 IP for playing Summoner's Rift, but only 600 for playing Dominion.

Your boost's value is effectively cut down to 60% if you choose one game type over another. The boost provides less product unless you specifically play to maximize your gains, but still has the same cost. You are punished for playing Dominion over Summoner's Rift.

Eryn

05-02-2012

You get less points per a dominion win, but you can fit many more dominion games into one day than SR. What is the problem? Does your mother only allow you 5 games a day?

Quick Rawr

05-02-2012

Then use them on SR.

Problem solved.

TheDesent

06-23-2012

omg you guys are so dumb, if you want to play dominion but you have a per-win boost, you are basically being punished for playing dominion. That is the problem.

Mango027

06-23-2012

but if I win equal length games of dominion or classic, I still get about 50 more IP in summoners rift than on the dominion map. try it some time.