Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A counter to Shen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mailorder II

Master Recruiter

08-29-2010

I'd like to know if there are any champs that do well against him.

Henkdevries

08-29-2010

A counter to tanks in general is AD Kog'Maw, who has gained more popularity since the recent buffs.

The idea is to maximize the skill Bio-Arcane Barrage, which greatly increases Kog's auto-attack range and also deals 6% (max rank, no ability power) of the target's health per auto-attack. Get Madred's Bloodrazor asap, which deals 4% of target's health per attack, they stack so when you have Bio-Arcane up you'll deal 10% of his health + additional dmg from your normal attack per hit (before magic res). From Bloodrazor and Caustic Spittle you will have increased attack speed (40% + 25%), you can go for the cap which is around 2.5 attack a second, meaning you'll drop that tank extremely fast regardless of his health. You can pair the attack speed with stacking cooldown reduction items (i.e. Nashor's Tooth), when you're capped on CD reduc. Bio Arcane will last 6 secs with a CD of ~8sec. Golem buff is great as well.

A good choice these days as there are more and more tanks/tankdps, though he is 6,3k points and requires some practice (dies easy, no escape) in mastering his range in particular. AD Kog is slow to start with, but once you get Madred's he's a monster. He's a great farmer champ, especially in mid/solo.

Mailorder II

Master Recruiter

08-29-2010

Thank you for the advice. I was thinking about spending my next 6300 on Corki, but I will consider Kog'Maw.

Henkdevries

08-29-2010

Quote:
Mailorder II:
Thank you for the advice. I was thinking about spending my next 6300 on Corki, but I will consider Kog'Maw.

Corki generally used to be seen as one of the "worst" champs in the game. He's been buffed lately (or will be buffed?) but I'm not sure he's much better now as I don't pay much attention to him personally.

Perhaps check the test realm notes/notes from last patches or browse the forum and see what the general opinion about him is, works for me.

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

08-29-2010

Shen is extremly tanky, but has nearly no damage output later, just kill his allies, then FF him when they're dead, Shen really is only there to taunt and shield allies.

Luchen

Adjudicator

08-29-2010

Shen doesn't scale particulary well (only one CC and the shield stops defending as much since your damage output increases a lot more) so if the game lasts long enough he's just an annoyance.

To fight agaisnt shen always realize that after he hits lvl 6 he will most likely be there. So don't over commit, especially when defending a tower or tower diving, because he'll most likely be there to defend and taunt you.

Stay clear out of his taunt range and once he used it you can pretty much ignore him.