Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Update on League of Legends service in NA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Johan

06-23-2012

Although I am appreciative of the attentiveness and dedication Riot PR and engineers have put into restoring service, this experience has really caused me to become disenchanted with the company and the game they provide. Waiting over 2 hours to even login is ridiculous--having to wait another hour and half because you queue dodge is even worse. I have spent a small fortune on RP for additional content, but this instability really makes me wonder, "was it worth it?" Every patch there seems to be an issue with stability...I'm worried for the future of the game and am disappointed in the company I have so graciously patronized. I sincerely hope Riot can think of some solution beyond fixing these current problems to ease the minds of dedicated customers such as myself.

Wingless1

06-23-2012

patches are too frequent.
always changing this and that- I'd be happier with a bi-monthly update

Kantel

06-23-2012

@Riot, if it's possible, would you like me to drive down there & bring you guys freshly brewed mcdonalds coffee? My manager says I'm the best barista they have...

iJohnnyHD

06-23-2012

Quote:
RowenStrata:
Fairly certain Riot will prolly give compensation in some form to everyone. It never hurts to give them a little trust right? The Riot crew has done quite a bit for everyone already. Be like me right now and just be glad we can play again.

Amen ! (:

ImAComedian

06-23-2012

Nothing for others ? , thats just not fair , i was supporting you while the whiners were asking for RP but giving some of them rp and not the others is plain ****in unfair ,.

Ghetto Cupid

06-23-2012

I received the 1k RP but did not receive my missing rune page and runes. Do they come together or can the RP be given out at anytime?

Edit: Scratch that had to relog.

Fyvir

06-23-2012

Quote:
Trogz:
How is giving away free RP as compensation for certain players "Greedy" ?

You may not like that you're not getting any (I'm not either) and I would love a free 1k RP, but there is no way I can call them "Greedy" for giving away something for FREE.

I'm saying it because of his special statement, how much did these guys worked doesn't make difference about the RP compensation.
Also the old Riot would for a 100% sure give us a compensation, since Tencent bought Riot this is always like this, 6300 champions, no compensation or gifts for good behavior and stuff

and listen, I have all the IP content unlocked in the game and also more than 60% of the RP content unlocked as well, but I feel bad anyway because of the others who couldn't buy stuff during the downtime. I don't need free RP cause there's nothing else I want in this game, I have everything, but everybody else wasted a lot of what could have been a productive time.

MrRandomJr

06-23-2012

Quote:
JoE434:
what about the people who didnt lose our stuff and couldnt play due to lag and other things conflicting with it. are we chop liver?

God. You guys were able to play when the servers were up. We (The ones w/ the lost content) Couldnt even then when they were up cause it's just unreal to play w/o runes vs people w/ runes. Or cause some lost their champs.

Kantel

06-23-2012

Quote:
ImAComedian:
Nothing for others ? **** you riot , thats just not fair , i was supporting you while the whiners were asking for RP but giving some of them rp and not the others is plain ****in unfair ,.

without having ANY CHAMPIONS, or ANY RUNES.
I quit playing league all together because it would be a total waste of my time, I easily could have accumulated 500 ELO, maybe 15k IP, and some other random stuff.
To be honest, I'd rather have 6.3k IP than the 1k RP... l0l

Dreamcleaver

06-23-2012

Quote:
RiotJeongal:
We have granted players who lost inventory the 1000 RP. We will be following up with each of you via email as well within the next several hours. Spend it as you please.

Wow, just...wow. Marketing at its best and for what? Srsly lol.