Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Update on League of Legends service in NA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElBoob

06-22-2012

Sturm. You have somehow surpassed Stylus as my favorite Rioter.
Thank you for your straight-forwardness and honestly concerning these issues and I wish you the greatest of luck in your endeavor to return service to "Business as usual".

Conradzz

06-22-2012

This is exactly the kind of update I was hoping for, a solid update. Thanks riot for stepping up and letting the users actually know whats going on, other than a "We're hard at work, and dedicated to your experience." spiel.

HubRocket

06-22-2012

Can you guys make this a sticky until it's resolved? Or a large bar at the top?

More people need to read this and not complain.

It's honestly a little concerning the amount of "league is down- oh god what do I do with my life now" that is going on around here.

Keyaithewarrior

06-22-2012

Quote:
CaptSturm:
Sure--and sorry about not being clear on that from the beginning. Our Database guy addressed a big segment of users last evening/early this morning before taking a quick nap break. I got with him just a few minutes back and he was back at work. And while I don't want to overpromise, especially when we're still triaging, he gave me a very strong commitment on his effort to resolve this.

Thanks for hanging with us,
'Sturm

Least bad? Are you saying there is a chance that I couldn't get my stuff back? That is so far beyond acceptable. I've spent IP on all those runes. That costs time, parts and sections of my life that I can't get back. That just... wow

I otter carry

06-22-2012

I really love Riot. Despite having a stupidly raging community, they still do this kind of thing. Working extra , taking the time to inform us, and resisting the urge to rage back. (That I would probably not overcome.)

ShadowNinetails

Recruiter

06-22-2012

I've been playing this game for a little over a year now (Vayne had just come out in all her overpowered glory). From then to now, I've easily invested over 600 hours and $400 (for Christmas, I bought myself and 7 friends $30 each in RP) and I have no plans to stop or slow down anytime soon. Even though I've invested so much of my time and money into this, I do realize that in the end it's a free to play game and therefore don't feel like I'm owed anything for having to watch a movie while I wait to login. I also realize that humans are far from perfect and machines are even less so, so these issues will arise from time to time and I have faith that you guys are doing everything in your power to resolve them.

Bottom line: I don't want free boosts, free RP, free IP, free champs/skins, or even a free rune. All I want is to play an awesome game and try out a new build idea I had for Ahri (btw that new skin for her will be an insta-buy for me). So don't worry about these idiots acting like 6 year old BMW's (*****ers, moaners, whiners) because they have nothing more interesting going on in their lives and always expect free stuff every time something doesn't go their way. And just for the hell of it, I'm probably gonna get another $50 in RP with my next check to pitch into the coffee fund. :-)

SubToMeOnYoutube

06-22-2012

Quote:
CaptSturm:
Sure--and sorry about not being clear on that from the beginning. Our Database guy addressed a big segment of users last evening/early this morning before taking a quick nap break. I got with him just a few minutes back and he was back at work. And while I don't want to overpromise, especially when we're still triaging, he gave me a very strong commitment on his effort to resolve this.

'Sturm

What does this mean, will we get our stuff back by tonight? Or will it take like a whole week?

Bachstelze

06-22-2012

Quote:
Bartellian:
will there be a compensation of bonus ip for more then just the server down time? to spend two hours just to log into the game seems like quite loss and definitely makes me question playing the game. Many people like throw the its F2P line around alot when this stuff happens but with a game which we the people who invest in rp it is at the very least a major inconvenience especially when it always seems to happen just as the weekend comes around.

Is there an expected time when the login queues should return to normal?

I'm no Red, but the fixes for all the problems will probably come all around the same time, which as of yet has no ETA. Althought completely different issues code is a strange thing and all these issues probably connect one way, or another.

Urbaknight

06-22-2012

Quote:
CaptSturm:

'Sturm

That isn't much clearer.
Will content be restored? If so, will it be in the foreseeable future or just "Soon™"?

Also, while we have a red here, what do you think of poor support ticket responses such as these:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=25929767

DamageUSMC

06-22-2012

I think (if you didn't have enough to do) a link to this thread should be part of the messages on the launcher. I've been wondering for days about this, but didn't have the patience to wade through all the "give me RP because I have no patience, also I'm 11." threads. Just finding this and knowing you guys are working on it makes me happy.

P.S. Dont give any RP out, it sets a bad precedent. These are the type of players that flame their team and go AFK when they don't like the way things are going. If they're serious about not playing anymore GOOD!