Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Update on League of Legends service in NA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ipico

06-22-2012

Quote:
CaptSturm:
Your support and encouragement is touching and is what motivates us here. We've been working extremely long hours trying to un...wind this.
The problem with a revert is that the content database has been changed--it's past the "revert" the code and would require "rollback" the database content/progress, etc. Here's the truth of where we're at: Trying to find the "least bad" choice. But, our absolute priority (and was talking with Marc specifically on this last evening at 2AM) is restoration, restoration, restoration of the service.

Wow, thanks--I mean that. Tell you what, I'll take the team members that survive out for a nice dinner...after we're done and good. In the meantime, we'll keep a barrel of coffee ready to go.

can we expectate another compensation?

evilnester

06-22-2012

great post. i think that this is exactly what everyone wanted to hear for a while.

RAD1ANT

06-22-2012

Riot did an amazing job at the communication end, with updates every 30 min or at least hourly. Thanks, it does help to ease the pain when i go to the forums to see why I cant log in.

+1 all of riot

avens

06-22-2012

just to be sure. Are you aware the latest 2 patches brought a gazillion bugs to the game?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2254547

also consider a rollback will make come back some that were probably fixed with the june 20th patch, such as soloing dragon lvl1

Eromis

06-22-2012

Quote:
CaptSturm:
Our number one priority is restoration of a stable game experience.

Salute,
'Sturm

As long as this is #1 priority above everything at all times, I'm happy.

Irok4205

06-22-2012

Honestly though, because I have other things to do im glad its broke, more the more broke it is the more changes they are trying to push through , wait a few patches and this will all be worth it. Something just a little bit bigger then teemo skins is getting patched of that i can assure you

Ulverskog

06-22-2012

thank you so much.

hope everything will go smoothly.

Talgarn

06-22-2012

Quote:
CaptSturm:
Summoners,

- We put every patch through the wringer including load testing and PBE player testing, and this patch passed those tests. The problems didn’t crop up until we pushed it to live. This has exposed some load testing gaps that we’re going to address (simulating millions of concurrent players is truly challenging).

Salute,
'Sturm

I am an active member on the PBE server\ and I love playing and finding funny little mistakes and bugs, but I do have one question. The patch that was put out on the live servers included the new splash arts and a couple other things, but it did not contain all of the content in the patch from PBE. I was wondering if this is why the issues this patch brought were never detected. Is it possible that the exact patch that was introduced to the live servers was tested on PBE, but with additional content so that the patches are not exactly the same? I'm just curious if the patch was tested or only partially tested. Anyways thanks for the hard work and I hope things get easier for you guys!

Bachstelze

06-22-2012

I really do apreciate the overall update, but can we please get a direct status update concerning the Missing Content Bug? For some of us this is hour 51 of "downtime" because it's just not a fair playing field against those with their runes still, I understand there is no magical fix, but some talk of that situation directly would really ease my mind.

Tederton

06-22-2012

Dota 2 is booming now, good timing LoL. Glad to see you might actually lose profit for pulling this **** 40 times in a row.