Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Update on League of Legends service in NA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

emailsupport301

06-22-2012

I appreciate RIOT giving us some information. Treating us with respect and keeping us in the loop helps us to be more supportive and not so angry. Thank you Lance.

Hikikomori King

06-22-2012

Keep up the good work guys

Victor Mercer

06-22-2012

Quote:
CaptSturm:
Wow, thanks--I mean that. Tell you what, I'll take the team members that survive out for a nice dinner...after we're done and good. In the meantime, we'll keep a barrel of coffee ready to go.

And the dinner must be LEGENDARY, also pic when it happens or it never happened.

Sarcon

06-22-2012

Thanks for the update CaptSturm.

Poisonpowder

06-22-2012

This thread should probably be temporarily stickied.

Thormir

06-22-2012

Quote:
CaptSturm:
Your support and encouragement is touching and is what motivates us here. We've been working extremely long hours trying to un...wind this.
The problem with a revert is that the content database has been changed--it's past the "revert" the code and would require "rollback" the database content/progress, etc. Here's the truth of where we're at: Trying to find the "least bad" choice. But, our absolute priority (and was talking with Marc specifically on this last evening at 2AM) is restoration, restoration, restoration of the service.

Wow, thanks--I mean that. Tell you what, I'll take the team members that survive out for a nice dinner...after we're done and good. In the meantime, we'll keep a barrel of coffee ready to go.

this is all we were asking for. some sort of dialogue. as a community open dialogue is always preferable to standard pr comm blackouts. kudos to you sir

Fracture Eon

06-22-2012

So in other word, Riot needs a way to DDOS themselves?

I suggest an optional application shipped with the LoL client where users can consent to have their PC turned into part of a botnet. That way you can push a button and get a load test from anyone who is currently online and has the application installed. It's a lot like the research projects where you can download a free application to contribute your PC's processing power to a supercomputer network. SETI has a program like this that helps them process radio signals from interstellar space.

Keyaithewarrior

06-22-2012

Nothing about the Runes I don't have except for the "We know" message that we get. This is so far beyond frustration. The servers are up, and I can't play, and haven't been able to play for 4 days now. Sure, I could q, but without runes every lvl 1 is against a team of raid bosses

Diskings

06-22-2012

Thanks. Completely understand the issue, and while I'm sad that I can't play, it's not the end of the world, I'll just have to find something else to occupy my time.

In the meantime, I hope you guys get it sorted out without it causing you TOOOOO much more of a headache.

Warmogs

06-22-2012

I know it's going to suck for most of us but I feel Riot should reset everyone so they have no runes if they can't correct this problem. I have bought 5 rune pages and I don't mind this because it is completely unfair that I could continue playing while others suffer.