Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Update on League of Legends service in NA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoseBlender

06-22-2012

Everyone should read this. It's great of 'Sturm to take a few minutes and give us the lowdown as to what's going on, and certainly something that any reasonable player of League should take a moment to read because it's not just another copy/paste thread.

It's certainly frustrating at times for the players, but I think sometimes the players don't always understand what goes on behind the scenes or just how much it also frustrates the developers. I know it has to drive you guys crazy too. Good luck, Riot, and godspeed to that server fix!

Nezgul

06-22-2012

Thanks for the update, Sturm!

Don't let the ragers get to you guys. You guys have done a fantastic job with previous patches, and will do so in the future because you're mothereffin' Riot! One patch hiccup isn't so bad, IMO.

Kittah4

06-22-2012

Quote:
ArcaneVision:
Thanks! This is all i wanted was an actual honest update on whats going on.

Same. The stonewalled non-updates on the service status were perhaps more frustrating than the actual game downtime.

RaneOFTerroR

06-22-2012

Quote:
Cae vida loka:
CaptSturm

What hardware can you buy with the 5 million prize of season 2? Because this might fix your bottleneck issue

instead of giving OUR money to your so-called pro players, what about you use OUR money so WE can play..

Personally i enjoy watching them play it helps me develop skills, choose which champions i want becuase i get to see the playstyle of that champion and also its just fun to watch those great games. When there are tons of trolls then i can watch that and calm down b4 i start screaming at some1 (which also helps me uphold the summoners code) and for an example of how it makes me better i watch when people jungle so i can see routes and just watch where they place wards and simple stuff like that helps dramatically.

RiotNurseFlan

QA Analyst

06-22-2012

Thank you for the update.
Good luck!

420CaliStoner

06-22-2012

Quote:
CaptSturm:
Your support and encouragement is touching and is what motivates us here. We've been working extremely long hours trying to un...wind this.
The problem with a revert is that the content database has been changed--it's past the "revert" the code and would require "rollback" the database content/progress, etc. Here's the truth of where we're at: Trying to find the "least bad" choice. But, our absolute priority (and was talking with Marc specifically on this last evening at 2AM) is restoration, restoration, restoration of the service.

Wow, thanks--I mean that. Tell you what, I'll take the team members that survive out for a nice dinner...after we're done and good. In the meantime, we'll keep a barrel of coffee ready to go.

This is what I was waiting for. A nice long detailed update by Riot. Yeah, I'm a little miffed that I can't play right away due to long login queues, but hey, it's the price I pay to enjoy a fantastic game on my day off.

I know I've paid at least $150 in RP so far, so buy the guys and gals a congratulatory cake or something sweet. I'd do it myself, but I'm 1000 miles away from Santa Monica, and I'm sure the mailing process would end up getting frosting everywhere and smashing the cake.

I love you guys, you produce a fantastic game, and I know that the last week's been rough, even though I know very little about programming.

Good luck guys, I know you're working hard day and night to bring the servers back up to full capacity, and I can't wait for Pulsefire Ezreal!

Emotesh

06-22-2012

Quote:
Emotesh:
YOUR HONOR, HE'S LEADING THE WITNESS!

You all know what people want to hear the most.

"Sorry for all this BS, here's something to make up for it, I know you guys don't want to hear me drone on about how sorry we are, but we're working on the problems as best we can, just give it time"

Still this.

No talk whatso ever by this guy as to how they plan on making up for this, just an empty apology.

It's nice they tell us what's wrong, but it's more important to make it right.

BergMeister

06-22-2012

Riot, once again, thank you again for doing what your doing, its sad that some people can't see past the "unavailable status" or the long queues and complain about how Riot is the "worst" company out there, but lets face it, what other company takes the time and energy to give a detailed status on what they are facing. Keep up the good work, and best of luck to you in getting this problem resolved, you have my support, and hopefully the support of every summoner who has a fraction of a brain and and ounce of compassion.

Seyandu

06-22-2012

Sure they do dofus went from 1.29 to 2.0 and the whole game is almost new

Astonia went from v3.0 to a whole new v3.5 with new systems and code

You don't update massive **** when you release 1 skin that is retarded

As far as i can tell the update was to input pulsefire ez (and he is in the game just not enabled)

Why would they update other **** that doesn't need updated or not let the players know what is being updated this is way there are patch notes

If your updating something big that could change alot or what not you let people know

Megashield

06-22-2012

Quote:
CaptSturm:
Your support and encouragement is touching and is what motivates us here. We've been working extremely long hours trying to un...wind this.
The problem with a revert is that the content database has been changed--it's past the "revert" the code and would require "rollback" the database content/progress, etc. Here's the truth of where we're at: Trying to find the "least bad" choice. But, our absolute priority (and was talking with Marc specifically on this last evening at 2AM) is restoration, restoration, restoration of the service.

Wow, thanks--I mean that. Tell you what, I'll take the team members that survive out for a nice dinner...after we're done and good. In the meantime, we'll keep a barrel of coffee ready to go.

This is why Riot is awesome. (well everything in that post was awesome haha)