Update on League of Legends service in NA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painful Dream

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathadin View Post
The most complex of codes?

The game is built on Adobe Air.

That's hardly complex.

Its not like the id Tech 5 engine which John Carmack wrote line by line.

And that's the problem.

The League of Legends client needs to be completely re-written in C/C++/Objective C so it run natively on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.

Get on John's level, Rioters.
Thank you so much.

Mauzinhow

06-22-2012

calculating...

Alvas Wesfall

06-22-2012

So to get this straight, when you dodge a game, you are booted from the client?

Farrom

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knudy View Post
Sturm, thank you for this update. This post right here is honestly the best post that I have seen through the entire timeframe of this dilemma. You addressed all the most important issues and you even responded specifically to summoners and answered their questions. Sturm i would like to personally thank you and all of your team members that are at work right now. This attitude that all of the Rioters have put towards the sitiuation and how you have handled it is one reason why when i get out of college i would like to try and get a job at Riot Games.
The attitude of individuals such as you, Knudy, keeps me believing humans can be okay. It's so refreshing to see people so supportive of the current situation, rather than flaming the threads with "MUSTNEEDFIXNAO" bs. Keep up the hard work, Riot! We shall continue to wait patiently for our time on the Fields of Justice, eager to pit against fellow summoners in relentless battle! FOR THE SWARM!!

>.>

I MEAN DEMACIA!

<.<

I MEAN NOXUS!

Gearedtokill

06-22-2012

Riot please can we just get an update? I waited 3 hours in the Que and came back to find it had just closed without logging me in... NOW it cant even give any of us a log in time or anything... and who knows it will proberly just close again? Are the servers going down again wtf is going on..........

Zero CL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Bellisimoh View Post
We're working to reduce the wait time as much as possible, however our primary concern at this point is ensuring stability.
i much rather have a time to wait in queue then no server up at all. so thank you riot btw for the more detailed information this time its very appreciated.

TruTakeru

06-22-2012

Well I guess I should say good luck in fixing the problem. I know how it feels to try to work around the clock to bring a mission-critical system down back from the dead. That being said, I'm not sure what kind of contingency or roll-back plans were in place but obviously they failed or were not addressed. Truth be told, if this was one of the shops I've been in, heads would have already been rolling and I would have been out of a job after a full week of this. This is why you never assume that a routine patch will always go routine. When in doubt, blame the guy who most recently left the company.

Karter Wid a K

06-22-2012

@Riot... if we're in queue and it won't stop saying calculating should we just relog?

steveso711

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Dream View Post
Really? Don't get me wrong, I feel for the guys staying up to fix this... but when you say things like this because someone ****ed up doing their job(s), (and it negatively affects you) well, that just makes no sense. I feel like this is only being said to counter act the people who want compensation. No one truly would do this on their own free will; only to prove a point. So stop kissing their asses and just say thank you for fixing the problems from their service. At least the people who want compensation aren't ass-kissers who want upvotes and truly believe in their "idea / argument".

/thread
It's called being a decent human being, comes with a maturity achieved once 18 years or older, which you should be to play this game. In your case, however, complaining and *****ingg pressures people to spend their nights at RIOT and work endlessly to fix the problem; all this just so you can *****h some more about how "OP" some char is, or how the game has a minion glitch. it's people like you that keep RIOT engineers at work doing OT instead of home with their family on a holiday night.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

06-22-2012

Go Riot go!