Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Legit question for the Reds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fortunae

06-22-2012

Quote:
RiotMontag:
Tell them I've already turned it off and back on again. ;-)

best answer i've read so far, nice one ha ha

Juiceyninja

06-22-2012

Ugh... Why can't anyone understand that there are always going to be problems with everything in life..

Nothing will go 100% to plan, if it did, a lot of people wouldn't have jobs!! me included... I am a project manager so I know what Riot is going through, and they are doing a really good job of dealing with it.

I don't mind having down time, Riot constantly updates the game, and does things to keep the players keen and excited..

So guys, please take a step back and look at things from Riots perspective. There are lots of angry customers, and they're doing everything in their power to try and fix this... Riot can't promise you this wont ever happen again. How could they predict the future?

TL;DR: Problems do occur, Riot is doing a real good job.

DRev Zaiyelle

06-22-2012

Quote:
Juiceyninja:
Ugh... Why can't anyone understand that there are always going to be problems with everything in life..

Nothing will go 100% to plan, if it did, a lot of people wouldn't have jobs!! me included... I am a project manager so I know what Riot is going through, and they are doing a really good job of dealing with it.

I don't mind having down time, Riot constantly updates the game, and does things to keep the players keen and excited..

So guys, please take a step back and look at things from Riots perspective. There are lots of angry customers, and they're doing everything in their power to try and fix this... Riot can't promise you this wont ever happen again. How could they predict the future?

TL;DR: Problems do occur, Riot is doing a real good job.

If you're replying to the OP, you clearly didn't read his post.

IG tash

06-22-2012

Riot im slightly amazed you guys don't have back up servers for unexpected occurrences like this

chimecat

06-22-2012

[QUOTE=RiotMontag;[/QUOTE]

This made me tear up with laughter

Incomitatus

06-22-2012

Quote:
RiotMontag:
Tell them I've already turned it off and back on again. ;-)

But that's Step #2! Step #1 is smack it on the side a few times to see if it behaves. Trust me, it works *sometimes*! :O

Juiceyninja

06-22-2012

Quote:
Zaiyelle:
If you're replying to the OP, you clearly didn't read his post.

I'm talking in a general sense, not taking a shot at anyone.

Insidius

06-22-2012

Quote:
RiotMontag:
I can summarize and slightly expand on Sturm's post a bit. The TL;DR of Sturm's post is that we've identified a lot of the issues that slipped through our patch tests, and we've rebuilt our test harness to look for those. It's absolutely our fault that we didn't catch these, but we understand why, and we're going to make sure we plug those holes.

**** happens. Especially in the IT world things that are just impossible to expect or plan for will eventually occur. Sometimes things just fail causing domino effects and sometimes things work right away for months or years and then one day something slips through and brings it to a halt.

Working in the same sector, I feel you Riot bros.

Luda

06-22-2012

bump

Dannydson

06-22-2012

Quote:
RiotMontag:
I can summarize and slightly expand on Sturm's post a bit. The TL;DR of Sturm's post is that we've identified a lot of the issues that slipped through our patch tests, and we've rebuilt our test harness to look for those. It's absolutely our fault that we didn't catch these, but we understand why, and we're going to make sure we plug those holes.

Are u who i have to screw to get past the 2 hour queue im having to wait in when i can't play for much longer tonight since i have to wake up early tomorrow,,, T_T

Can you please shed some light on why the queue built up like this when at all other times since the the original server hell days of league have worked perfectly fine?