4v5, 3v5 Defeats, fair? I think not.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoonStomp

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Dota 2 still in its beta form? Not too many trolls in betas usually, at least that's been my experience /shrug.
I've seen trolling in the chat rooms but not in a game yet.

Aeziir

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonStomp View Post
I'm interested in why you think this is the case.
;
Here are my points:
Dota2 has:
Superior matching. No need to waste time on a game when a player doesn't connect it doesn't start.

Superior patching: no server downtime just reload game and easy f a s t patch through steam.

Superior login: no login queue

Free to play: all heros are unlocked and free

Voice chat:integrated and its easy to mute. Have not seen a single troll.

Not wasting an hour: if somebody ragequits you can leave. No penalty.

I see so many threads complaining about the above in lol and people saying they want them. Well aparantly valve reads this forum more than riot.

How come its so easy to troll in lol? Pretty much non existant in dota2...
Considering Dota 2 is in beta, your argument about trolls/ragequitters is totally invalid if not the exact opposite. Very few trolls in betas; just wait till it's released and you get them starting a match and then afking and leaving. Will be incredibly easy for them with no penalty, don't you think?

Plus, I hadn't seen hardly any server downtime before this whole fiasco. The usual one patch a week was never a problem.

Mister Simple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

I've had two experience that twice in ranked ... with the leaver being on MY team each time.

Ømicron

06-22-2012

It doesn't matter how much better a game is if more people play the other game anyway.

MoonStomp

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeziir View Post
Considering Dota 2 is in beta, your argument about trolls/ragequitters is totally invalid if not the exact opposite. Very few trolls in betas; just wait till it's released and you get them starting a match and then afking and leaving. Will be incredibly easy for them with no penalty, don't you think?

Plus, I hadn't seen hardly any server downtime before this whole fiasco. The usual one patch a week was never a problem.
I knew you guys would pick a small point to attack and ignore all the good logic in my post. So let me explain it again for yall.

Lol mechanics promote trolling. You can't leave game without getting reported by the troll. You have 'mid or I feed' mindsets showing up all over the place. Cause what are u gonna do? Quit and get banned?

This is a small example so don't take these as dogmatic law.

Dota2 says to hell with trolls. You wana feed? Cool. I'm out.

You wanna rage quit? Cool I can leave game without penalty. I'm not subjected to an hour of rape just cause I don't want to get banned.

And if you do rage and I still want to play, after you disco, I can control your hero.

MoonStomp

06-22-2012

Oh yeah this is a big one.

Afk in the game queue? In lol you get randomed Nd your team suffers.

In dota, you get dropped and the team gets requeued. No 5v4 from the start

Crystalized word

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

No penalties? Then what's the point? Does that mean players are more or less willing to play a whole game? I'd be less willing really.. Then again, I don't know how DoTa works.

You could do the same thing in Lol, but you need a "smart" team and a chat record in case your reported. I mean, if you warn the enemy team after discussing a whole team quit, and the enemy team plays for five-ten minutes, pushing furiously and unchallenged, you think they'd stay? I mean, if they want a "WIN" on their stupid match history record, then sure... But really, if people of this community can put out some kind of "rule system" like this, then there could be the quitting with no penalty easy. also, people won't need to waste at least 20 minutes playing for no reason if you, and team, aren't trying. 4v5 isn't that unfair, depending on how well your team plays vs. theirs.

But like countless others have said, as well as I, just suck it up. You'd get bad games, even miserable games, but don't bother yourself with it. Really, don't waste your time. Watch T.V. while playing the miserable game. If you aren't in-tuned to the game, what's the point? If the majority of your team finally wants to surrender, then surrender. If not, don't act as if you're trying your hardest to win if you've really just given up hope.

Cookie22

06-22-2012

Yes we are aware the community is a bunch of **** head cry baby trolls and losers who quee games and leave before it even starts.
I played for two days straight once, by straight i mean like 11am to 12midnight or whatever and i only got 3 5v5 PROPER COMPLETE games over two days... Yep its not just you being a cry baby, its the players of this game being useless

tbagshank

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalidascope View Post
Honestly this is why I am behind doing a ban of people over a set amount of ping. Typically when people are over a certain amount of ping you can expect one of two things they are behind, so they are bad or they disconnect and leave ruining your team. As far as the AFKers go, I wish there was some sort of system in place where people could que for games already happening, and the team could vote early on when they see an AFK or DC character and vote to remove that character and bring in a new person.
yeah that wouldnt really work tho cuz think about it that new person that comes in would be comin in late so theyd be behind in levels and theyd be really easy to kill until they caught their level up so it would be really hard for them not to feed and chances are even if they did catch up and you guys win those people wouldve still fed when they first started ya know like think of it this way, it happens to everyone, like something happens while your playing, you dc from pvp.net, or your laptop over heats and then you rc as fast as possible (which if your laptop overheats and forces shutdown it can take a while to rc) then when you come back you have a nice chunk of gold but your still behind lvls and if this has happened to you then you know how super careful you have to be to not feed until you catch your lvl up and you know how hard people hit you until you catch up, thats why i like the idea of the option to restart and replace the leaver then play a whole, fair, game. They should make it something like a voting system like when you surrender like both teams vote and say 6/9 votes to restart so like all 4 people left on your team then at least 2 votes from the other team which idk bout you guys if i was on a full team and the other team needed my vote to restart and have a fair match i would give em my vote every time, cuz i would rather win fairly then fee like i almost cheated in a way

Cflman

06-22-2012

I've been experiencing this alot recently