Ask Nasus, the Curator of the Sands

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NasusOfTheSands

06-22-2012

From a dark place echoes an eerie voice. Chilling, yet calm. Relieving, yet ominous. A tall, dark, canine silhouette could be visible but with no light on, you couldn't be sure it was anyone familiar.

The cycle of Life and Death continues. Knowledge lives, people die.

In a way, what my fellow champions have been doing was just that; making sure that their own knowledge gets passed on to Valoran in their own tribune, immortalizing it. As such, I shall take part in this activity.

You may now go ahead and let go of your interrogations.

As he said those words, Nasus emerged from the darkness and light blessed the surroundings with its presence. He proceeded to sit on a rather imposing chair and rest his hands on its hand rests. His staff always remained at reach as it was his lifelong companion through happy and harsh times.

((I am taking over the Ask Nasus thread given its prolonged inactivity))

Quote:
Doom log of character development:

Foundation:
- Nasus is one of the two Guardians of Valoran, though given how the other one (his brother) is in no 'functioning state' he, in fact, is the only operational Guardian.
- In case you didn't guess, he belongs to a race that I standardly called "Guardians". It is written in the library that they can only mate within each other if they are looking to have Guardian offspring.
- Nasus almost killed his brother, against his own will. In a way, the arrival of his brother in Valoran is both a gift and a curse. He has to deal with his brother's neverending rage and with shadows of the past. When it pertains to Renekton, the canine does not want to let go of the past, instead having made a plea to the League that they reanimate his brother, who happened to be slain by a fountain turret. There definitely is love from Nasus, but also disdain for whatever shape has taken over Renekton.
- A good way to catch his attention is to speak of these topics: The Cycle of Life and Death (aka the Wheel) and Anthropomancy-related topics.
- He can be silly but he is mostly serious. He can be angry but is mostly composed. Even his anger is a cold one. He is far from hotheaded.
- He cares deeply for the living. He values the living above him but has never had the occasion to interact with them. He was taught they were to be protected.
- He rarely sleeps, prefering to meditate instead. His protectionism over Valoran (and his old world) made him resort far less to sleeping.

Development over time (mostly due to RP interactions):
- Nasus has a pupil under his wing, Cam. Cam is likely the bearer of the legacy of a Valoranese summoner who, after an extraplanar transportation accident, raised to the status of Guardian even though his lifespan was not one of a Guardian.
- Given how much time he has under his hands when he is not protecting Valoran (mostly helping the League stop the Voidling onslaught in the outstretches of the Shurima Desert when needed) or reading whatever written material falls under his hands, he has started exploring his emotional self.
- While he is not considering being in a relationship, he is truly intrigued by the emotion of love. Having never experienced it, he cannot convey it in the anthropology courses he sometimes gives in he Institute.
- He is extremely well-versed in Valoranese history given the materials he has read over time both in newspapers and in the League's archives. However, he was not granted access over the city-states' archives as of yet. He will have to do so, though.
- He has befriended Mundo (very odd, I know). He also had to cover up for Morgana's and Mundo's 'antics' which brought the ire of Kayle upon him. He now jokingly (and anguishingly) refers to her as the Tyrant.
- He has fought alongside Core, a yordle archer/gunman, Phantom, Kameil and Ghostpaw. If you stumble on these OCs, know that Nasus is known to them. Likewise, he knows them.
- Rammus likes to steal some of the marshmallows Nasus stashes. Yes, Nasus happens to be fond of Morgana's marshmallows.
- He is mostly found in either the Sinful Succulence Bakery, his own tribune, Renekton's tribune... and that's it. He can be occasionally found in random locations across the RP boards.
- He happens to have an awkward side, dealing with interpersonal issues by suggesting reads. The biggest target of such experiences is Kayle, who wanted to fry him.
- Like anyone in here, he does not want to get on the bad side of Lulu.
- If he ever finds a way to travel between worlds, he would inquire about the possibility to turn Maokai back into a tree, as the Treant wishes.
- Opposite of Kayle, he finds peace of mind when Soraka is around or when she plays the flute at night.

Ask Galio

06-22-2012

((It really helps me out if you keep their thread, but I've switched the link to yours since you made this one.))

NasusOfTheSands

06-22-2012

((Thanks for updating - I didn't want to resume from someone's perception of the character as some inconsistencies might occur, electing instead for a start from scratch))

Ask Galio

06-22-2012

((I see. Good thing I caught your thread before it jumped to the second page. O_o ))

AskKarthus

06-22-2012

Nasus, what sort of magic exists in your world?

(( EDIT: Welcome to the forum. ))

NasusOfTheSands

06-22-2012

((Thanks ))

Hello, Karthus. It's a pleasure to meet you outside of the fields of Justice.

As far as magic in the world I was in is concerned, my fellow Keepers are all wielders of magic in a way. I have seen what you would call a "dragon-like humanoid" who was the wielder of fire magic; though, unlike Shyvana, his was more similar to Brand's magic. I wield the magic of soul affliction.

Some of us Keepers started experimenting with summoning magic. We wanted to make sure we were here in case any misfortunate happening occured and would be summoned by a resident of our Library. What we didn't know, however, was that other worlds were able to summon us. This is why I am here.

It is only a matter of time until my kin will find a way to summon me back, on which case I will keep moving between the two worlds. Runeterra needs me as much as, if not more than my world.

AskKarthus

06-22-2012

If I can ever get to your world, I would enjoy studying the magic there.

LightCam

06-22-2012

(A new Ask Nasus thread, I've been playing with Renekton for some time now. Hope this one don't end up leaving again)

Summoner LightCam here, long time no see Nasus, would you like a magic dual? I've been practicing and I really need someone to test them on.

After the book from your world hit me, I've been studying and now I need to see if these spells can be any useful. I want to test Aura Wings and Nature Blessing spells if that okay for you. Btw my kind of magic is elements including Light and Darkness. So what would you say?

NasusOfTheSands

06-22-2012

Nasus was slightly concerned by the Lich's curiosity to his world's magic. He was far more concerned for Karthus than for his world as the Gatekeepers could very well dispatch him - unless the Lich was not evil in essence.

Then, his eyes widened as a mention of "a book from his world hit someone in the head" was heard. Come to think of it, he was in the library when he was 'abducted' by summoners. Nevertheless, it was very interesting that a book made it out of this journey intact.

Had Renekton been sane, he would have seen what evil this summoner ((or are you playing something different)) could hide in the blink of an eye. It did not mean, however, that Nasus couldn't to some degree. He sniffed 3 times, repeatedly. The conclusion was that there was no apparent malice in this man's mind.

That book... You must be talking about one of Riosis' scriptures! There is so much to be known in that book, especially for a Spirit Healer. If you intend to test those spells on me, I am afraid to decline given how volatile naturally imbued magic can be in untrained hands. However, if you wish to test them on... minons... I can assist you throughout your journey. Have you ever been atuned to Nature's forces before?

DigitallyFazed

06-22-2012

Hello Nasus. Mind clearing something up for me. Renekton is your brother, right? You resemble a dog, as he resembles something like a crocodile or an aligator. What went wrong in your family tree to cause such a...difference in resemblance.
Thanks in advance.
-Core

12345 ... 9