LoL IS FREE TO PLAY

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reapexx

Member

06-22-2012

It's not free to operate.

It's free for YOU to play, but not for everyone. People who pay allow YOU to play for free. So when you say Riot shouldn't compensate people, especially people who have paid into the game in some way, shut up.

If it wasn't for people paying for the game in terms of skins and bundles and ****, then you'd have a LoL which is P2P.

It's free to play because others pay.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bromiitheus

Senior Member

06-22-2012

They make more profit on this system than if they sold it for $60 one time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaCÅT

Senior Member

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaineRPX View Post
It's not free to operate.

It's free for YOU to play, but not for everyone. People who pay allow YOU to play for free. So when you say Riot shouldn't compensate people, especially people who have paid into the game in some way, shut up.

If it wasn't for people paying for the game in terms of skins and bundles and ****, then you'd have a LoL which is P2P.

It's free to play because others pay.
yeah .... duh ..... who cares?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HandheldBrandon

Senior Member

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaineRPX View Post
It's not free to operate.

It's free for YOU to play, but not for everyone. People who pay allow YOU to play for free. So when you say Riot shouldn't compensate people, especially people who have paid into the game in some way, shut up.

If it wasn't for people paying for the game in terms of skins and bundles and ****, then you'd have a LoL which is P2P.

It's free to play because others pay.
Coming in with an attitude like that is going to get you some bad karma.

LOL is a free to game which lives on the f2p model however paying is optional if you want to pay then you do so out of your own free will not because riot makes you. You are buying skins because YOU want to not because riot made you therefore you are not actually entitled to anything since you payed out of your own volition and not because you had to. If you were paying because you had to too play then it would be a different story but you dont have too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragvio

Senior Member

06-22-2012

where would game be without us?
Bad service from riot loss of people

= wheres game now?

wanna keep us happy for the issues?
Compensate


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razy6trix

Member

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbeefcake View Post
Coming in with an attitude like that is going to get you some bad karma.

LOL is a free to game which lives on the f2p model however paying is optional if you want to pay then you do so out of your own free will not because riot makes you. You are buying skins because YOU want to not because riot made you therefore you are not actually entitled to anything since you payed out of your own volition and not because you had to. If you were paying because you had to too play then it would be a different story but you dont have too.
just shut up subhuman trash.

if you dont consider yourself worthy for anything in this life thats alright, let us be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bromiitheus

Senior Member

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbeefcake View Post
Coming in with an attitude like that is going to get you some bad karma.

LOL is a free to game which lives on the f2p model however paying is optional if you want to pay then you do so out of your own free will not because riot makes you. You are buying skins because YOU want to not because riot made you....
So you're saying even though people give Riot money of their own free will, not required; they do not owe you anything?

You'd think with your logic because we pay even though we don't have to they owe us even more... considering we pay their pay checks and got them bought for $400 million(even though they only gave us this game as a charity apparently).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kotsubaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromiitheus View Post
They make more profit on this system than if they sold it for $60 one time.
agreed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

n2ition

Member

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbeefcake View Post
Coming in with an attitude like that is going to get you some bad karma.

LOL is a free to game which lives on the f2p model however paying is optional if you want to pay then you do so out of your own free will not because riot makes you. You are buying skins because YOU want to not because riot made you therefore you are not actually entitled to anything since you payed out of your own volition and not because you had to. If you were paying because you had to too play then it would be a different story but you dont have too.
Let me explain something, tardbiscuit, the only reason it's called "free to play" is because it's a marketing strategy aimed at simple folk like yourself who don't realize that they will (as someone stated earlier in this thread) make more money using this model than if they charged a one time, flat fee for the game.

If you think they're using the "Free to Play" model because they're just so nice and generous, and not because it will end up netting them more cash in the long run, you are a total and complete moron.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aivr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-22-2012

I've bought quite some RP, and all I have to say is that Riot could shut down their game at any time, and they'd still have a lot of money that they've made. Do you require LoL to be happy or something? Unless you bought an IP boost or something, why does it matter that the servers went down. Would you be compensated if the grocery store that you go to everyday randomly didn't open one day? I don't think so.