Leona: Comprehensive Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninbushido

08-14-2012

Yes, right now in late game Leona's passive is just a crappier version of Lux's. But Lux AP mid and Leona support bot combo is too boss in mid game. Lux explodes E in all 5 enemies' faces > Leona ultimates and stuns and marks with Sunlight > Lux uses her ultimate and triggers insane ultimate damage, Sunlight marks, and her Illumination.
"PENTAKILL"
Anyways, I aimed for more of Leona's late game viability and damage, though those numbers may need some tweaking for better scaling. Her passive needs to pose some kind of threat (**** I really feel sorry for Sejuani now) in late game, not just a Lux rip-off.

Oey

08-15-2012

I am almost sure most people who plays a good amount of Leona and even pros would probably agree just allowing Leona to proc her own passive will go a VERY long way to make her viable....

She needs to be a continued threat through the fight like other tanks to offer protection, and as a support she doesn't really keep the ad alive...

When it comes to 5v5 fights, most of the time it's the tanks that gets alive, and Leona is probably the worse champ to be happen to be alive at the end of a 5v5...

ninbushido

08-16-2012

Two major flaws with Leona: she has no variety for the role she can play in the current meta, and she lacks late game, sustained damage (no good burst either due to low AP ratios).
To fix her role variety, her passive should be changed to a stacking-up-to-3-times DoT that lasts for a period of time (refreshed by continuous spells) that will tick its damage or, if an ally damages the enemy, it will trigger to deal whatever remaining damage there is for the duration of the debuff. This allows her to jungle and solo top (solo role, she can proc her own passive for harassment and farming and creep clearing), but still maintain her support bot viability.
To fix her late game sustained damage, have her Zenith Blade give a passive, "Leona's auto-attacks deal X/X/X/X/X + Y% of her AP additional damage as on-hit magic damage." Also, lower the cooldown on Eclipse by 2-4 seconds.
These will all increase her late game viability.

ninbushido

08-18-2012

Bumping again.

ReaperOfSaints

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

I'd love for her to get a buff, but I'm hesitant that if she does get one, her usage would skyrocket and other bot lanes wouldn't be able to keep up. Which would then result in a nerf making her weaker than she is now.

ninbushido

08-19-2012

She's weak enough. She needs more tweaking.

ProfDrDeath

08-19-2012

When they want to buff her, they have to make sure to keep her bot-lane capacity the same. Meaning, if anything, a buff should play around her passive, but not by simply making her able to proc that herself (otherwise, the base damages of her abilities (abilities activate the passive) would've just skyrocketed).

My favorite changes, after a bit of thought, would be:
- Her E, Zenith Blade, now has a passive on-hit effect that would give Leona bonus damage against a sunlighted target
- Her W, Eclipse, is now a toggle, in the way that:
Toggle on => Consumes mana => 3 seconds => explosion => consumes mana => 3 seconds => another explosion => and so forth
If toggled of, completes current circle (with 3 seconds of increased MR/Armor after explosion?)
Mana cost increases with each cycle (similar to Swain ult)
Every explosion after the first can get bonus damage based on the number of champions hit before (bigger thread for a full tank Leona, while support Leona can seldomly stay in range long enough without being blown up)
Current cooldown
- Optional: Decrease the numbers on the passive by 20-30%, but let it stack up to 3 times, with each trigger only burning one stack.
- Optional: Higher AP ratios

ninbushido

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDrDeath View Post
When they want to buff her, they have to make sure to keep her bot-lane capacity the same. Meaning, if anything, a buff should play around her passive, but not by simply making her able to proc that herself (otherwise, the base damages of her abilities (abilities activate the passive) would've just skyrocketed).

My favorite changes, after a bit of thought, would be:
- Her E, Zenith Blade, now has a passive on-hit effect that would give Leona bonus damage against a sunlighted target
- Her W, Eclipse, is now a toggle, in the way that:
Toggle on => Consumes mana => 3 seconds => explosion => consumes mana => 3 seconds => another explosion => and so forth
If toggled of, completes current circle (with 3 seconds of increased MR/Armor after explosion?)
Mana cost increases with each cycle (similar to Swain ult)
Every explosion after the first can get bonus damage based on the number of champions hit before (bigger thread for a full tank Leona, while support Leona can seldomly stay in range long enough without being blown up)
Current cooldown
- Optional: Decrease the numbers on the passive by 20-30%, but let it stack up to 3 times, with each trigger only burning one stack.
- Optional: Higher AP ratios
So to clarify your W thought, it's:
Toggle on> consume mana > gain resistances for 3 seconds > explosion > consume mana + x > gain resistances for 3 seconds > explosion + y > consume mana + 2x > gain resistances for 3 seconds > explosion + 2y > toggle off > gain resistances for 3 seconds
Like that?

I can't say I really like it (I like my W>E>Q>W-explosion combo) but I guess it's a viable thought that can be put into consideration. What I really like is buffing her sustained damage as a tank. So, the aforementioned:

Passive stacks up to three times as a DoT (refreshes with each re-application), can be triggered for instant damage if ally consumes it.
Zenith Blade has a passive: Leona's auto attacks deal [base damage + 20% of AP] each hit.
Eclipse cooldown lowered to 10 seconds.

Kagami

08-19-2012

I'd just like for her to get 5-10 more base movement speed... 310 is SLOW for a melee tank. 315-320 would help her.

Though she could use any buffs really.

Discpled

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbushido View Post
So to clarify your W thought, it's:
Toggle on> consume mana > gain resistances for 3 seconds > explosion > consume mana + x > gain resistances for 3 seconds > explosion + y > consume mana + 2x > gain resistances for 3 seconds > explosion + 2y > toggle off > gain resistances for 3 seconds
Like that?

I can't say I really like it (I like my W>E>Q>W-explosion combo) but I guess it's a viable thought that can be put into consideration. What I really like is buffing her sustained damage as a tank. So, the aforementioned:

Passive stacks up to three times as a DoT (refreshes with each re-application), can be triggered for instant damage if ally consumes it.
Zenith Blade has a passive: Leona's auto attacks deal [base damage + 20% of AP] each hit.
Eclipse cooldown lowered to 10 seconds.
What if, to simplify things, instead of DoT that her passive, if not proc'd by ally, bursts after 3 sec. Won't stack. This way her passive doesn't cause an out cry of OP and forces skill in using her abilities with timing, or spamming them if allies are nearby to proc it.