Magnifique Draven (A restaurant thread (semi-open RP))

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Maven View Post
*Sona slowly brought a hand to her throat for a moment, almost unconsciously. She lowered her hand down to her pen and paper again. Viktor's last comments caused her to nearly forget everything else he'd said.*

'I've thought about it. I've had many offer- though I think you're the only one truly capable of delivering on that offer. It is a difficult choice for me to make. Being mute has been such a part of me that I wonder if giving it up would... change me. I am also worried that my connection to sound and my Etwhal would warp with any change to my ability to express myself in other ways.'
Viktor had not intended to unnerve the Maven of Strings, yet here she was before him, looking to be so conflicted all due to his generous offer. He only wanted to improve whatever he possibly could, as that was the core of what his evolution meant to him, but he now found that he had never considered just how much people worried about changing for the worse. "......I apologize. I did not mean to put you in such a stressful situation. If you prefer, you may pretend that I did not even offer. I understand that there are those who do not agree with me or my purpose, despite how much I mean well. I just.....I simply, and personally, can not stand the idea of someone being helpless or prohibited in any manner, and so I strive to remove any possible limitation.....Even if it costs me my humanity...."

Fallyn Light

07-01-2012

Lina just stands back and watches Draven handle the monstrous cotton candy, "Sir Draven I will assist you in ridding your restaurant of this menace..."she turns her attention to the ball of cotton candy, "you shell feel my righteous fury, fiend" Lina says leaping at the candy ball and begins chewing down with the fury of a thousand hungry Chompers!

CyroCore Brand

07-01-2012

"Can't you people do anything right!?"
Brand throws a sear straight in to the ball of cotton candy and watches as it instantly catches fire.

Ask The Maven

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Viktor had not intended to unnerve the Maven of Strings, yet here she was before him, looking to be so conflicted all due to his generous offer. He only wanted to improve whatever he possibly could, as that was the core of what his evolution meant to him, but he now found that he had never considered just how much people worried about changing for the worse. "......I apologize. I did not mean to put you in such a stressful situation. If you prefer, you may pretend that I did not even offer. I understand that there are those who do not agree with me or my purpose, despite how much I mean well. I just.....I simply, and personally, can not stand the idea of someone being helpless or prohibited in any manner, and so I strive to remove any possible limitation.....Even if it costs me my humanity...."
*Sona shook her head, waving a hand to dismiss any apology. She didn't appear offended or unhappy. She didn't expect to be able to convey her worries in written word- she herself didn't fully understand them.

'I know this may seem a hostile question- but I ask it with no hostility. Do you feel any humanity left?'

Ask the Herald

07-01-2012

Quote:
*Sona shook her head, waving a hand to dismiss any apology. She didn't appear offended or unhappy. She didn't expect to be able to convey her worries in written word- she herself didn't fully understand them.

'I know this may seem a hostile question- but I ask it with no hostility. Do you feel any humanity left?'
Viktor stared at her for a moment, uncertain of how to answer her question. He then looked away to glance over all the chaos that was taking place far away from the two of them, and he let out a deep sigh as he lowered his head to rest against his hands.

"To be perfectly honest, I don't even know anymore. I've augmented my body so much that there is almost no flesh - skin, tissue, muscle matter - still in place. Beneath my current attire I might appear somewhat human, but......It's all synthetic. Artificial. All for the sake of something I once believed was my only option. I no longer possess emotions like joy, sorrow, fear, and anger, though I still hold a particular hatred for the man that ruined me....."

He then shook his head dismissively, sighed softly, then raised his head to look at Sona. "At the very least, I don't feel human anymore. Now all I know is progress....augmentation....invention....I have dedicated my entire being to bringing Valoran into the perfect future where warfare is obsolete and nothing will be beyond one's capabilities."

Fallyn Light

07-01-2012

Lina watches in horror as her only source of food in three days is burnt to a crisp, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo..." the girl yells sinking to her knees, "take me instead cruel world!"

Ask The Maven

07-01-2012

Quote:
Viktor stared at her for a moment, uncertain of how to answer her question. He then looked away to glance over all the chaos that was taking place far away from the two of them, and he let out a deep sigh as he lowered his head to rest against his hands.

"To be perfectly honest, I don't even know anymore. I've augmented my body so much that there is almost no flesh - skin, tissue, muscle matter - still in place. Beneath my current attire I might appear somewhat human, but......It's all synthetic. Artificial. All for the sake of something I once believed was my only option. I no longer possess emotions like joy, sorrow, fear, and anger, though I still hold a particular hatred for the man that ruined me....."

He then shook his head dismissively, sighed softly, then raised his head to look at Sona. "At the very least, I don't feel human anymore. Now all I know is progress....augmentation....invention....I have dedicated my entire being to bringing Valoran into the perfect future where warfare is obsolete and nothing will be beyond one's capabilities."
*Sona's free hand dragged across her Etwhal with almost a feather-light touch. The faint, rising sound from it carried in spite of the low volume. With her head tilted to the side, she listened to the way it carried, and to the sounds surrounding them in the restaurant. She was appraising the Herald, though it wasn't clear in what way. Finally, she returned to her pen.*

'Did you burn out those emotions, or was the one of hatred simply strong enough to remain?'

CyroCore Brand

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallyn Light View Post
Lina watches in horror as her only source of food in three days is burnt to a crisp, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo..." the girl yells sinking to her knees, "take me instead cruel world!"
Brands tone changes.
"Have you still not eaten? Wow...you've been doing all that work on an empty stomach...I'd love to see you when you're at full strength. Come back in the kitchen and i'll make you something."
Brand walks back in to the kitchen, core darkened.

Ask Drav

07-01-2012

Quote:

Draven with his near super hearing chuckled lightly as he remembered that Orianna said nearly the same things about herself at one point before she had developed emotions...He contemplates throwing an ax to Viktor but is unsure of himself.

((She did develop emotions right? >.>))

Draven then turns his attention to Brand and Lina fighting with the cotton candy.

Hurry and eat something girl. I don't have time for lolly-gagging.

Ask the Herald

07-01-2012

Quote:
*Sona's free hand dragged across her Etwhal with almost a feather-light touch. The faint, rising sound from it carried in spite of the low volume. With her head tilted to the side, she listened to the way it carried, and to the sounds surrounding them in the restaurant. She was appraising the Herald, though it wasn't clear in what way. Finally, she returned to her pen.*

'Did you burn out those emotions, or was the one of hatred simply strong enough to remain?'
Viktor merely remained silent as he watched her, not certain of what to say. Though even if he did know what to say, simply trying to speak over her elegant tuning would be an insult to the Maven of Strings. When she finally wrote a response, he drew back from her as though in surprise. The question caught him off-guard, as nobody had ever asked him such a thing. He had been regarded as some heartless, emotionless machine or glorified play thing, but never had anyone attempted to look past the surface of the Machine Herald.

"......I.......As I gradually replaced certain parts of my body I found that I felt such emotions with decreasing frequency, until I had reached the point where I no longer experienced them. I certainly remember them, what they were like, but I simply can not express them as you might be able to. My hatred for Stanwick is the oddity, however, as it is still somehow prominent in my sentience...."