What "Trolling" mean

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MtlChronick

06-21-2012

im kind of confused lol

Sevgz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

The world "trolling" in LoL community has a wide, wide meaning and therefore it is ok to feel confused. Personally i think it has no real meaning at all.

Examples:

"Report draven, he is going mid, what a troll"
"Stop trolling by building AP, Corki"
"He left, what a troll"

You could think of this term as "attitude i dislike or disagree with and therefore MUST be trolling".

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-21-2012

Actual trolling is acting in a... less than kosher way with the direct intention of getting a rise out of someone else, not because you necessarily agree with your comments.

MtlChronick

06-21-2012

wow it is a deep word lol ... so actually what you mean is ... troll - trolling mean doing - saying - acting a way i dont like - accept or think its good ... ? like troll would mean like ... ret.ard or noob in a polite way ?

Sevgz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlChronick View Post
wow it is a deep word lol ... so actually what you mean is ... troll - trolling mean doing - saying - acting a way i dont like - accept or think its good ... ? like troll would mean like ... ret.ard or noob in a polite way ?
There is no such thing as a polite insult as I see it, haha. A troll is indeed someone that acts against your will with the sole purpose of making you angry. That would be the most correct definition even though most players use it randomly to show disagreement.

Olaeceae

06-21-2012

It's sometimes used as an insult, or as a term for a player that is intentionally causing grief for other players.

It is also sometimes self proclaimed by individuals who find enjoyment in such activities, however can also be used in lighter terms, such as a "troll build".

Yeah...the term is thrown around a lot, so it's somewhat as Sevgz said "it has no real meaning at all."

iont

06-21-2012

troll = troublemaker

troll build = buying items to be funny or upset someone rather than for their abilities

trolling = harassing or trying to upset

MtlChronick

06-21-2012

thx now i can fully understand the meaning of it ^^

IronEagle92

06-21-2012

Trolling is an artform it is very complex and can be very funny to some people

In essence, trolling is: angering or causing grief for personal amusement. ie **** stirring.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

LeoLeiGto

06-22-2012

Trolling is like when you look at the TOPIC of a forum page and you make fun of the English on it because its spelled wrong.
Because Trolling dont "MEAN" anything. it MEANS something. -_- get the server up.