Customizable UI planned?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IgnisPhase1

11-02-2009

So Riot, there's people *****ing about the store, the game balance, the metagame, lack of maps, lack of heroes, etc...

Where are people *****ing about EVEN MORE THINGS?! I can add one!

I am officially *****ing about lack of completely customizable UI! Where is it Riot? Why can I not move frames, choose what gets displayed, etc? RAWR FIX IT NOW OR I'M GONNA GO PLAY HON WAT.

===

So, serious questions. Are there any plans for making the components of the UI customizable? Is that way far down on the "stuff we need to do" list? Is it one of those "planned" features nobody cares about? Do you guys believe in everyone using the same UI?

Rayven

UX Designer

11-02-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Short term plan:
Lots of sliders and toggles to customize the current UI.

Long term plan:
Can't say.

I'm working on an options roadmap right now, so once it's gets some approval I'll post the list for everyone to see.

Quikdeth

11-02-2009

I'd really like to move my key bar and like change how many columns etc it has, its nothing huge but I like the idea of it.

Rayven

UX Designer

11-02-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

quik, can you explain that plz?

Quikdeth

11-02-2009

Sure thing! I hate to use another game as a reference, but it really illustrates my point to the fullest extent. If you have ever played WoW with a bar mod such as Pitbull, it really allows you to have full reign over your UI. This sort of the thing, I feel, is particularly beneficial in PvP scenarios because to play at your utmost best, you really need to be completely comfortable with your UI so that you don't have any distractions. I'm not saying to have as many customizable features as Pitbull does to WoW, but to allow moving a keybar from the middle of the screen to the side and allowing to have like 2 rows of 3 rather than 1 row of six would be an awesome feature. I just know in many cases if I'm not comfortable with my UI, I don't play nearly as well as I could if I wasn't focusing on some part of my playing field blocked by the UI. Ultimately a comfortable UI, which goes hand in hand with a customizable UI, will produce the most enjoyable playing experience.

I don't mean to pick or nag, I love the game play so far and it really is just a fantastic game, I just see these sort of features having a huge potential in a game such as this.

IgnisPhase1

11-03-2009

I was hoping for a WoW style UI as well. It's a lot to ask for, but WoW's UI customization evolved over its first 2 years of release. Working up to that would be a great goal.

Right now, here's some basic examples of things I wish I could reposition;
--My health bar/mana bar/skill frames.
--My portrait/items/gold.
--Minimap.
--"Party Frame" in the upper left hand side of the screen.
--"Self Target" frame in the upper left hand/"Target Frame" at the top of the screen.

UFOBullet

06-20-2010

sorry to bump the post but i would like to see more slots on action bar,
i just finid it difficult mid battle to concentrate on fighting my opponant then taking my eyes of focus to find where a unique active square is cus they are so small and them bringing my eyes bk to my opponant normally im dead by then.

maybe either make the squares for these items bigger so you can find it and lcick it easier or add 1 or 2 smaller squares on action bar that will fill up wwhen you purchase items with unique active spells and abilities

Amaranthin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFOBullet View Post
sorry to bump the post but i would like to see more slots on action bar,
i just finid it difficult mid battle to concentrate on fighting my opponant then taking my eyes of focus to find where a unique active square is cus they are so small and them bringing my eyes bk to my opponant normally im dead by then.

maybe either make the squares for these items bigger so you can find it and lcick it easier or add 1 or 2 smaller squares on action bar that will fill up wwhen you purchase items with unique active spells and abilities
I'd like the items bar bigger and repositioned as well.. they are hard to see.. But you do know their numbered 1-6 yes ? no need to mouse click. clicking fail anyways.. to slow

용용용용용용용

12-09-2010

I think its all in time. This game is getting very popular as of late.

MeAndMyDroogs

12-09-2010

the thing that bothers me the most is how the HUD or UI or whatever blocks off a portion of my screen when I play bottom. I think most of these changes should be optional, like, you can chose the position of the HUD or UI or whatever. That way everyone is happy, regardles.