Sivir Vs Vlad in Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbablyTerribad View Post
An aura wielding Sivir is more of an asset in a teamfight than a Soraka is, in this current patch.
Oh really? Yes that stark benefits Kennen, Ryze, Annie , Fiddlesticks and a bunch of champions doesn't it.

Aura tier is trash, she can't do anything alone and only brings some crappy benefits that ANY other champion could of bought if he bought the same items, BUT would of been alot more useful as a champion by default, while sivir sucks and is useless after minute 15, cause of lack of both DPS and spells to cover for it, generally in team fights towards mid game she is just a dead weight.

Leirkov

08-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Oh really? Yes that stark benefits Kennen, Ryze, Annie , Fiddlesticks and a bunch of champions doesn't it.

Aura tier is trash, she can't do anything alone and only brings some crappy benefits that ANY other champion could of bought if he bought the same items, BUT would of been alot more useful as a champion by default, while sivir sucks and is useless after minute 15, cause of lack of both DPS and spells to cover for it, generally in team fights towards mid game she is just a dead weight.
Sivir works in certain comps. Stop posting **** on the forums today, you're not even posting anything worth anyone's time.

Starks in comparison to AP champs? k, this isn't even worth arguing.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
Sivir works in certain comps. Stop posting **** on the forums today, you're not even posting anything worth anyone's time.

Starks in comparison to AP champs? k, this isn't even worth arguing.
Bite me, does the truth hurt the eye that sivir is actually worthless?

Attacked

08-29-2010

I had some trouble with this matchup the other day as well. I stacked some AP to get my boomerang up and dealing quite a ton of damage. We kept playing mind games with rushes and jukes and more or less anytime he rushes toss a boomerang at him but keep the creeps inbetween you two so you will get money out of the throw and a mini push for your wave. Eventually he will be pushed to his tower where you can BP or just try and harass with Boomerang/Call in a Gank/Trade lanes. Its all about mind games and you just have to be confident with your spell shield and get your boomerang timing and placement down perfectly. Its probably a 9:1 match in his favor (if you know fighting game terms, means he will win 9 times you will win 1) but its possible to pull it out, just try your hardest.

El Hebrew Hammer

08-29-2010

Whenever you see Lawful post, I recommend not engaging because his fallacies are always right. Let him think he's right and maybe hopefully one day he'll leave with his insults and arrogance.

Leirkov

08-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Bite me, does the truth hurt the eye that sivir is actually worthless?
Ever had a turtle standoff in mid and nothing's really going to happen, then all of a sudden "Your turret has been destroyed?"

Sivir does that before you can conceivably react.

She pushes. She forces you to be aware. She forces you to ALWAYS turn pushes around to prevent losing a tower. She annoys the **** out of you early game, she's a thorn in the side during mid game scrimmishes, and end game she's not that good, but she is one hell of a useful character. Far from useless.

joshiez

08-29-2010

I main Sivir and have been mid against vlad many a time. Tips; get spell shield early and use it. When he tries to suck yo blood, pop it, and you'll get free mana (yay!). You're Sivir, so you shouldn't stop moving EVER, but especially when he gets his ult. Try to make it impossible for him to place it and hit you accurately. When harassing him with your BB, it'll get to the point (quickly) when he'll figure out when you're about to chuck it, so he'll pool as you do so it flies over him harmlessly. So. What you do is this; run up so he's just within range, and chuck it. He'll pool. Do it a few more times, letting him miss it intentionally. Then you have him trained essentially so that when you're juking around and switch directions towards him, he'll pool before you throw it, and you can hit him easily when he becomes unliquidy.

I've honestly never had a huge problem with vlad at mid, at best he's been 'annoying'. Hope the above helps!

.josh

JolyBot

08-29-2010

Thank you for all the reply you guys. Really appreciate. My only problem is that sivir has so little health that after couple of successful transfusion I will either need to bluepill or pop that red potion. I just wish spell shield's cooldown is set at like 5 seconds. That would be GREAT!

joshiez

08-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolyBot View Post
My only problem is that sivir has so little health that after couple of successful transfusion I will either need to bluepill or pop that red potion.
I can suggest two things to help with this. The first is to go 0/21/9 masteries (no, really, it's awesome). And the other is to simply NOT let him get within transfusion range. An early Chalice will give you some MR, but mostly you just have to pay attention to how close he's getting, and deny him successful transfusions. If it's a standoff, you can use your BB to keep wiping out creep waves, farm up gold, AND push the battle to his turret.

As sivir, you will NOT win a fight with vlad. What you CAN do is farm a ton of gold to help your team later, not die, and push down his tower. At some point midgame he'll bluepill to go shopping. You can wipe out enemy minion waves, pop your ult, and take down his tower before he realizes what's happening.

Anyway, that's my .02

Cheers, mate!

.josh