Sivir Vs Vlad in Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JolyBot

08-28-2010

Hi Peeps,

Just have a question for you experts. I am having a real difficult time going against vlad as sivir. Do anyone have any tips on how to approach this matchup? or just avoid it altogether?

Thanks you for reading.

Leirkov

08-28-2010

A good Vladimir will absolutely devastate you. So to be quite honest, unless you can pro time his Transfusions, you aren't going to be getting far. You both suck early game, and at level 9, you both harass like no other with your Q Spells.

I've beaten Vlad mid before as Sivir, but to be honest, a good Vlad will NOT lose to Sivir.

You -might- be able to last out until level 9, then harass the hell out of him with Boomerang Blade. He might be able to heal 74~ damage every 2 seconds, but can you really heal a 400 damage nuke or whatever? Probably not.

Dizzeh

08-28-2010

Both heroes really just play mind games with each other with predicting when a Q will go off. You just need to be better at the mind games than him.

You can do this by timing your spell shield when he charges into transfuse range out of a creep wave; spell shield should catch him the first time or two, but he will probably start trying to charge at you to burn a spell shield if he is smart then follow with a transfuse that won't be blocked. Eventually it's just cat and mouse over spell shield fakes. In order to not lose when he just realizes he can outlast you even if you spell shield, you need to punish him a few times with boomerang blade when he charges toward you. This becomes another cat and mouse with him faking charges and juking to the side to just try to be as unpredictable as possible. If you run out of mana, this is game over and you will spend the entire time sitting at your tower until you go back to buy.

A good vlad will never die to even the best sivir, even if both boomerangs land, sivir has no real follow through burst other than utilizing ult/ghost/exhaust/ignite to catch him off guard with low HP. Your best chance is have your jungle ready to pounce, wait for vlad to burn his pool (harder than it sounds, but a good boomerang can trigger it) and dump everything you both have on him. Even if this fails, it puts enough caution into him that he either buys wards or he won't play aggressively at all.

Good news is, if you can get your own life steal (or better yet a scepter with madreds/wriggle's lantern) you should be able to last with him in lane and if he ever leaves the lane without someone who can deal with you to cover, they are going to be missing a tower pretty quick. Just understand that vlad is not a hero sivir can manhandle like most other solos, your best bet is just to play passive and wait for an opportunity for a gank or for him to go shop.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolyBot View Post
Hi Peeps,

Just have a question for you experts. I am having a real difficult time going against vlad as sivir. Do anyone have any tips on how to approach this matchup? or just avoid it altogether?

Thanks you for reading.
Yes.

Answer: stop playing a ***ty champion

BrektonTruz

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Yes.

Answer: stop playing a ***ty champion
read tier list. stop writing nonsense

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgdgf View Post
read tier list. stop writing nonsense
Tier lists are for scum that don't have personal opinion.

Just so you really know, sivir sucks and anyone playing her should feel bad, every time i see a sivir on the enemy team, i feel bad for em and dodge when i have one on my team.

Bellicus

08-28-2010

when he glows yellow and is heading towards you, use spell shield

then throw a boomerang at him

/repeat

Sadness Assassin

08-28-2010

I think the best option would be to avoid Vlad in the center as Sivir. It's just a really bad match-up for her.

Basulol

08-28-2010

I have been thinking about this a lot recently. I love to play sivir and I have been trying to find out what do against ez and vlad as they are both way too easy to counter sivir. What I believe is the best answer is to do something that phreak did in his sivir spotlight video, with a twist. You need to do something that sivirs usually don't do in a mid lane, and that is be aggressive and try to push the tower. You need to play defensively not pushing too much, and as vlad gets stronger and stronger especially at 6 you must keep your distance. At the same time as your minions charge forward, go to the wraiths and BB them while smiting the big one with the smite you got. This will allow u to lvl faster or at the same lvl then vlad and pick up some extra cash leading to your advantage. This strategy should keep you alive long enough so that one of your teammates in the other lane or a jungler can come in and assist u in killing vlad. This is when you push (as long as no one from the other team in coming in to deny you of course). But honestly sivir is not the best for vlad, but there are times when you choose sivir first before they choose vlad and you have to deal with it.

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Tier lists are for scum that don't have personal opinion.

Just so you really know, sivir sucks and anyone playing her should feel bad, every time i see a sivir on the enemy team, i feel bad for em and dodge when i have one on my team.
An aura wielding Sivir is more of an asset in a teamfight than a Soraka is, in this current patch.