Mouse issue / Key Bindings

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yunsang

06-21-2012

Let me just say that this issue has been frustrating me for the past couple of hours. I have tried just about everything to try fixing this issue and to no avail. I'd greatly appreciate if future responders to this thread would FULLY read everything I'm about to say instead of giving ignorant responses. Thank you.

Now, the issue is, yesterday, I was playing League of Legends games just fine. My mouse worked perfectly fine, with my Left mouse button being used as clicking on locations on the minimap, pinging, and clicking on champions etc etc, while the Right mouse button was used to move my champion and attack a target. Today, I entered a ranked game queue, only to find that my mouse button key bindings were reversed! The right was doing the action of the left, and vice-versa, the left was doing the action of the right.

Immediately, I checked control panel and hardware settings to see if the windows settings got altered. (It didn't.) My mouse is a Steelseries Kinzu and I even uninstalled the drivers for the mouse, and reinstalled them. Still no fix.

Maybe if I try fixing the key bindings by using the new mouse settings (Right click to click okay button and etc), I could fix everything to normal right? No good. It won't let me change the Player Move Click to MB2 and Player Attack Move Click to MB1. (Whenever I click the left mouse button to change the binding, it just comes up as MB2, NOT MB1, if that makes sense). What's even worse is that even on my keypad (I play on a laptop), it's the same thing; the left mouse button functions as the right and vice-versa. I literally have to press Okay with my Right mouse button to exit out of the option screen; normally it'd be the left mouse button.

Finally, I tried to reinstall the game by removing the game completely and installing the new client again. Same issue.

This seems to be an in-game error as right when I alt-tab out during a game, my mouse functions fine, with the left doing the left's work and the right doing the right's. When I try resetting the key bindings to default, it still doesn't fix the issue. If you're at this point in reading and still don't understand, think of it like this: everything about your game is the same except that the left click orders your champion to move and your right click does the targetting for skills, double clicking to buy items, and clicking on locations on the mini-map.

PLEASE, does anyone know how to fix this? I would really love to play one of my favorite games normally again.

Yunsang

06-21-2012

BUMP: Help Please.

Reecpc

06-21-2012

I didnt notice you saying you tried another mouse?

I had a similar issue, that ended up being a borked mouse. The problem was just exacerbated by playing league. New mouse, no issues for me.

GWBranimir

06-21-2012

you could try reversing the mouse buttons in control panel so if they are reversed they should work just fine in the game.

Yunsang

06-21-2012

My mouse isn't broken, it's working fine.
And I tried reversing the mouse buttons in control panel. It didn't work.

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

I am having the exact same problem. I left to play Diablo 3 for a month, come back and now my controls are all messed up and it's making the game unplayable.

blah.

celris

10-10-2012

bump