How do you lane against teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tinkypls

06-21-2012

I have never won lane phase against teemo unless my jungler kept visiting top lane.

It's just that his movespeed allows him to repeatedly poke you and he can blind you as you try to cs. And if you wait for the blind to wear off, you'll either miss that cs or get poked some more.

And once he hits 6, its hard to gank him if he shrooms up right--Tf, noc, other globals excluded.

I don't usually get killed 1v1 in top lane vs teemo unless he pulls something not usually seen (like surge, ignite+exhaust).

The only way ive had moderate success is with jungler ganks. Otherwise he just outfarms me and keeps me at an HP level he feels comfortable with.And when they run teleport, its even more annoying because you cant push them out of lane.

Anyone have specific masteries or runes to play against teemo? strategies? Im referring to melee vs teemo in case your wondering.

Tellua

06-21-2012

I go all in early.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

It depends on your champ. Some matchups are extremely easy to win with. Kennen, Swain, Vlad, Yorrick all have an easy time against him. He's a counter pick to the common melee top, which is why he's so strong right now. It's no different from getting counter picked in any other lane.

Zuw

06-21-2012

Yorick.

Ruinating End

06-21-2012

Ive faced some decent teemos with renekton and won. if you can make sure he doesn't decimate you up to level 3 and you put a point in each skill, you can use your dash to dash across minions , stun him, and q for extra damage, score kill if able to or go back if not and repeat. Basically you will want an AD caster

EDIT: Op asked for melee champs, there are many other counters than ad casters than I mentioned.

buttermilkpcakes

06-21-2012

as someone who plays bruiser teemo top a lot, ^ Maxim is right. If you're melee, you're going to have a bad time against teemo, unless you're Yorick. I can't remember the last time I've ever even lost as Teemo to a melee bruiser top, but if you're going to try, ad casters with hard engages should be fine.

I've actually never faced a Pantheon/Talon top as Teemo (as far as I can remember) but I can absolutely see them almost zoning me out early game. Obviously, eventually your damage will start to fall off from him building armor and such, but if you can get some early kills/zone him out of xp it won't be a problem.

saldrith

06-21-2012

funny. i literally have never lost a top match versus teemo. lee sin, darius, riven, kayle. all of these champions i destroyed him with. i don't know if i have been up against horrid teemo's but it's worked out well for me in the past.

LieutenantGoogle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

don't pick Udyr or WW if that's what your playing against him.

Miss Hilton

06-21-2012

When I solo top Teemo I use movement quints and masteries. I always seem to be paired against a Riven and with the movement bonus she just can't catch me.
I guess as a Teemo I hate CC and anyone who has more movement speed.

buttermilkpcakes

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb Digiddy View Post
funny. i literally have never lost a top match versus teemo. lee sin, darius, riven, kayle. all of these champions i destroyed him with. i don't know if i have been up against horrid teemo's but it's worked out well for me in the past.
Their builds will usually indicate how good/bad they are.

Losing to Darius as Teemo screams free week AP teemo to me.