Really dodge timers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fudrud

06-21-2012

So before when you would dodge a ranked game you would lose about 10 ELO roughly and have a 5 - 15 minute wait. Not too bad when you get trolled and have people picking twitch / eve or both in the same game that is the point of dodging if I remember correctly.

But now instead of losing the 10 ELO, about the same as a loss or win, you get a 30 min timer for the first dodge and cannot play the game at all. Please riot can we go back...?

Draikk

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudrud View Post
So before when you would dodge a ranked game you would lose about 10 ELO roughly and have a 5 - 15 minute wait. Not too bad when you get trolled and have people picking twitch / eve or both in the same game that is the point of dodging if I remember correctly.

But now instead of losing the 10 ELO, about the same as a loss or win, you get a 30 min timer for the first dodge and cannot play the game at all. Please riot can we go back...?
This was implemented for 2 reasons:

First: dodging a queue does not actually lower your playing skill and RIOT does not want people tanking their ELO to get easy wins

Second: RIOT does not want people dodging queues unless it is really necessary to avoid a 'toxic situation' as they put it.

I think the change was a good idea.

Jarwain

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudrud View Post

Its because of people like you that the change was implemented. I don't know about eve, but twitch can be a strong character if he is played right. No trolling intended. I used to main twitch once upon a time, but I got into trying different champs and styles. He's still one of my top picks for an AD Carry.

mystical wizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

People shouldn't be dodging in the first place. As much as I hate getting paired up with people who want to run all AD carries or all supports, those comps can work (however unlikely). I think the change is perfectly logical. If you don't like the comp, then dodge and deal with the penalty. If you don't like the comp and stay in the game, play your best and trust your teammates.

Menkyo

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarwain View Post
Its because of people like you that the change was implemented. I don't know about eve, but twitch can be a strong character if he is played right. No trolling intended. I used to main twitch once upon a time, but I got into trying different champs and styles. He's still one of my top picks for an AD Carry.
I agree with you 100% about twitch, but at the same time, I understand the apprehension seeing someone else pick him too. When I don't AD carry twitch and see someone else play him, 90% of the time they are horrible and have no clue how to build/play him.

In twitch's defense though, he is (IMO) by a long shot one of the best teamfight AD carries in the game. Stay stealthed until the enemy team is in a close group or a decently straight line. Hit R, W, attack, when they get <50% health hit your E and whoever you don't kill your teammates can easily mop up. Of course, this assumes you know how to build twitch and you're actually doing decent damage and critting a lot when you attack.

ikandee

06-27-2012

Imo the queue dodge timers are quite excessive. When someone troll picks jungle after you and instalocks, i dont want to have to wait so Goddam long before playing again just because i left the queue. Maybe if people do it often it should start building up but for my first dodge ever, there shouldnt be a 30minute wait. Why would you force people to not play your game for such an extensive amount of time when all they were doing was avoiding trolls?