#1 way to reduce bad behavior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ROFLmanMAN

06-21-2012

Riot should focus on educating the community. Teaching them how to play league of legends correctly. Maybe we wouldn't feel so cheated when 1-2 players throw the entire game for their team. League of legend games take a long time to play, (25-45 minutes) and I become very disappointed very quickly when I realize a game is snowballing in the other teams favor because of blatantly bad play.

Rueian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Ya... When a game is lost to little fault of your own, but rather the fault of the team as a whole
It becomes very discouraging to throw away 20+ minutes of your life away. Especially due to the hostile community

alot of people in all game types are very under educated in how to play the game
Especially in ranked

Seth the Bum

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rueian View Post
Ya... When a game is lost to little fault of your own, but rather the fault of the team as a whole
It becomes very discouraging to throw away 20+ minutes of your life away.
I understand where you're coming from but it's equally annoying to hear some arrogant ***** say that everyone on the team but him is a noob. Most people also like to believe that they can't possibly be losing because the enemy team is actually good, and that it just has to be one's own team at fault.

As for the original point, yeah, positive reinforcement and education are always a plus. What more can Riot do, though, besides add more tips in the tutorial?

Rueian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Its always the entire team who is at fault.
Whether or not the enemy is good or not.

People just need good teamwork.

Until you are professional level you aren't making perfect plays.

I make mistakes, my team makes mistakes. People need to own up and improve. A single person can only improve so much on their own, each individual needs to do the same... but its too much to ask because its just a game as many say...

Seth the Bum

06-21-2012

I think I misinterpreted your previous post, 'cause yeah, there's usually no individual bringing down the whole team. I somehow read it as, "I'm infallible but the rest of my team sucks."

Zeo2487

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rueian View Post
Its always the entire team who is at fault.
I have to disagree with that. In most cases yes if you team dont work togeather or focuse its the team as a whole who is at fault. But If you have one or two people on your team who are really bad or trolling and get killed over and over and over even after the team tells them to get back and keeps giving the enemy kills then its more that one person.

Because its hard to win a team fight if your 4v5 or 3v5 because the other one or two isnt playing with the rest of the team. Or afks out at start of match.

Played a game earlyer and we could of had a good chance of winning if our siv didnt leave at start. We was a head in kills by about 20 and had more towers down. But when the 5v4 after they got baron. we just couldnt get the job done with out some more dps. and yeah we came close to killing em all off but one. who pushed and won. Thats not a lose due to team fault but one.

The Uprising

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth the Bum View Post
I understand where you're coming from but it's equally annoying to hear some arrogant ***** say that everyone on the team but him is a noob. Most people also like to believe that they can't possibly be losing because the enemy team is actually good, and that it just has to be one's own team at fault.

As for the original point, yeah, positive reinforcement and education are always a plus. What more can Riot do, though, besides add more tips in the tutorial?
Why is he arrogant if he knows more than u? Want to try and listen to him instead of cursing and ignoring/reporting him?

Shiister

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Uprising View Post
Why is he arrogant if he knows more than u? Want to try and listen to him instead of cursing and ignoring/reporting him?
You obviously didn't get the point of his post.

You playing with a guy who is 0/4/0
He complains it the support fault he keeps dying
Starts to rage saying his team is complete trash in all chat

That the point of his post

EDIT: @OP, even if you teach people how to play people will have bad games when dealing with someone who more skilled or outplay them.

maxicus

06-21-2012

#1 way to reduce bad behavior is that people need to grow up and act with a bit of maturity.

Quote:
Starts to rage saying his team is complete trash in all chat
then you report them. riot will see and they will get a temp ban.

Dirty Foot

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROFLmanMAN View Post
Riot should focus on educating the community. Teaching them how to play league of legends correctly. Maybe we wouldn't feel so cheated when 1-2 players throw the entire game for their team. League of legend games take a long time to play, (25-45 minutes) and I become very disappointed very quickly when I realize a game is snowballing in the other teams favor because of blatantly bad play.
Part of being an adult is accepting that some things are outside of your control, and to not take that out on other people. When you get banned, it's not a bad player's fault that a you are chewing them out, it's entirely your fault.

Blaming the "baddies" is like saying it's not the angry husband's fault he's in jail for murder, it's the cheating wife. **** happens, deal with it.