Kog is the new OP, FotM in 5... 4... 3...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMLOwl

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiPanda View Post
The build actually makes quite a bit of sense, actually. I'm not gonna fight for it since I don't play Kog, but you aren't really giving a reason why you think that way.
Rushing bloodrazor gives you no AP to be effective early to early-mid game and is ridiculously expensive. Since you are already doing 4% damage on BAB, cheaper attack speed (Nashors) does the same thing. Last whisper is really dumb when you are doing all magic damage. There aren't any real damage items in that build whatsoever, and if you add them in, the build becomes nearly impossible to afford during any kind of reasonable game.

Uccisore

08-28-2010

That build is no good because you aren't getting any MPen, and you bought ArPen on a champ doing 90% magic damage. Seriously, last whisper and like, +20 AD from items? Why? Haunting guise would be so much better.

Hypersauce

08-28-2010

Kog'maw's name is OP, just the name.

Yawning Man

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
No. Get off my main, bandwagoners. Ez is still good. Keep playing with that twink.
Ez's is getting a huge nerf next patch, time for easymoders to switch their mains!

BloodGod22

08-28-2010

Oh snap, people discovered Kog'Maw!!!!!!
Run for the hills children, the metagame is in for a bumpy ride!!!

Uccisore

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawning Man View Post
Ez's is getting a huge nerf next patch, time for easymoders to switch their mains!
Maybe when they realize Kog can't teleport around like a fairy, they'll go away.

Yana

08-28-2010

This is why getting Bloodrazor on Kog is bad.

Because there's really only 2 reasons to get BR on him as opposed to on anyone else.

He has long range (for a short period of time)
It combines with his W to allow him to take down tanks fast

As opposed to having a bloodrazor on another character, then both Kog and bloodrazor bearing character would have to focus fire on a tank for the same effect.

This is why bloodrazor is bad. Rushing it is especially bad.

It doesn't synergies particularly well with his skillset. (other than ~30% AS)
It's expensive before it gives you your desired effect, giving relatively little until that point
You need to get it well in advance of when you know your opponent is stacking HP
It loses to MR stacking
If you rush it, it's not as effective as late game and doesn't give you a big boost if you get it early
It doesn't synergise with crit/damage/arpen, but only with AS
****To be optimum you need to focus fire the tank**** (THIS ONE)

Honestly, bloodrazor is a good item, but it's incredibly situational. I'd much rather get it as a "final" item, rather than rushing it. Furthermore, I believe Kog is best built as primarily AP. From this perspective, it may be a good item to buy after you've bought your rageblade/void/rylai/zhonya/etc, as unlike other damage items its utility is independent of other damage items.

TL;DR - don't rush it, get it at the end of an AP build if they're stacking HP

PS: this is kinda why I didn't want to buff Kogmaw. I'm afraid the hero who I used to do perfectly and was considered UP well with will become FotM, and get nerfed to the ground (heimer style).

zzbzq

08-28-2010

Good. If Kog is FoTM (and thereby actually good) it brings back the use for bursty champs and assassins like Akali who have no place on or against all tank teams.

ĵnction

08-28-2010

the OP must really suck if he cant kill kog maw. kog maw is sooo hard to be good as and he is easily countered. its called get behind him and gank.
Kog is NOT op

kijik

08-28-2010

tear/guise/phage/nashors/bloodrazor imo, would make a good early game bursty and late game dps hybrid build, a touch expensive, but kog has a huge skill ceiling, so if you're playin him I imagine you're good anyway