AFK auto select random

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klanderfil

06-29-2012

I have to admit dota 2 have so much better system.. when the 10 players are conected then you chose the hero otherwise It serch again the 10 players to play...

Milo Fox

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
So basically what i see here is : "QQ I want more way to dodge queues..." [...]
I was coming to refute this, but then I realized that you're right. If anyone sees a team composition they don't like, it's entirely possible that they can wait out the timer, thus getting away with a free dodge. This, then, would result in longer queue times.

And you can't really put a strong penalty on the AFKers for dodging since some people do in fact have connection issues. That's probably why Riot hasn't done **** about it. I mean, what else is there to do?

ploki122

06-29-2012

Oh and I feel there wasn't enough way to prove how naive this idea is so here is why multiple ideas wouldn't work :

Quote:
1 - If you are AFK have a grace period to pick champ
Oh yeah and I guess that definitly wouldn't blind mode for duo queues... 1 go afk, 1 play the game, check their mid/top, tell it to player #1 and he counter picks in blind mode! Achievement unlocked! Abuse AFK grace!
Quote:
2 - Wait for the 10 players to be connected
If the players aren't connected by the time it starts, there is a free dodge for all but the AFKer. The problem is that AFK doesn't mean not connected... I could go take a dumb and it takes me let's say 5 minutes (was playing portable yatzee) which means that I was connected all along but still was AFK (and peoples do that... that's the real problem...)

Quote:
3 - Simply offer a free dodge when there is an afk
This one could actually work, but what if the player meant to play a random champ? Also, I could choose to simply wait for team to pick champs and i'f i'm not interested in this game, I choose not to pick a champ, that fills me as an AFK and I get a free dodge.

Klanderfil

06-29-2012

wait for the 10 players to be connected is a good solution if you dont want a player to be afk all the game long... but an afk player once you started to play.. thats just too complicated to do something

NextGGxLegacy

06-29-2012

If ur not picking a camp u should get kicked and have to wait not make the other 4 players take the hit

NextGGxLegacy

06-29-2012

Who says anythibg bout a free dodge? They should get the wait time for being afk and sense u dont lose elo for dodge anymore then the wait time should be enough. Afk at champ select should just force you to dodge and u take the dodge wait time