AFK auto select random

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Precambrian Jazz

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedAI View Post
It's their fault they went afk.
Yes, THEIR fault not the rest of the teams. No reason to punish everyone for the incompetence of one person.

Tr0n Corleone

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedAI View Post
What else is supposed to happen once the timer runs out? They didn't pick a champion. They need a champion to play! It's their fault they went afk.

Should it automatically dodge and que for a new team?

Yes. It should.

Tr0n Corleone

06-28-2012

Good idea by the way. I hadnt thought of it but its such a simple fix to such a major issue.

Artanog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2012

Should just give a free queue dodge to everyone who isn't afk.

Skilliard

06-29-2012

This is better for gd as it applies to all maps, but anyways I agree with this. You should have to confirm you aren't afk when finishing a queue with the finish what I was doing/join game thing and if you don't then it makes you dodge and have a growing penalty. the afker should get the penalty, not the players forced to dodge.

Punched

06-29-2012

I agree, instead of picking random it needs to kick the afker and re q the match.

Diablo Vash

06-29-2012

If there is a afk in character select it should auto kick them at the end of the timer and let everyone else go back into the queue for a new team.

I also think there should be another option to vote for a remake either in character select or first few mins of the game because of the amount of idiot troll players.

PACDXX

Recruiter

06-29-2012

I strongly agree with this except for sometimes the player isn't afk and his client just isn't allowing him to pick a champ. I've had that happen a few times.

CuteCake

06-29-2012

It should at the very least give a grace period for you to pick if you are the one afk. I've gone afk and friends started the game on me, I come back just in time to have some **** hero locked in for me with totally wrong masteries & runes...why can't it let other people start loading and let me pick a hero when I get back? And if I don't come back, the game should automatically end in ~3 minutes or something.

ploki122

06-29-2012

So basically what i see here is : "QQ I want more way to dodge queues...".

First of all, if the AFKer is having technical issues (bugsplats or countless other LoL errors), shown by the lightning bolt in a blue triangle, the queue will be dodged.
Next, why the **** would a player be afk for >2 minutes (30 second queue, 1 minute champ select, 15 seconds for summoners etc.). I don't say that it does not happen, I say that you might as well just dodge queue and/or report/ignore him.

The real problem isn't the fact that adding a voting system would break the game. In fact it seems like a good idea. However, that would make the queue time for ranked too **** high. How many times were you not happy with your last pick's pick? Then let's just vote a rematch. You don't have the mid you called? Just say you will troll and propose a rematch! Someone picked Eve? Rematch! Support Cho'Gath? Rematch! Why ban champs when you can just re-queue?

To fix this, let's put it only for non ranked, meaning that draft pick non-ranked will still suffer from it... Then only for blind pick? Drafts will still complain about AFKers... Oh I got it! Let's make it so that both teams has to agree... Problem #1) They don't know you have an AFKer (unless it's draft, and then they might just say no to have a free win). Problem #2) If it's not draft they don't know you have an AFKer and who would agree to simply re-queue after suffering from 3 re-queues in a row... Wait! Let's put Global chat in pre-game so that trolls can troll harder! Anyway it doesn't show in tribunal so he can just tell you exact team without any fear of being punished...

TL;DR : seems like a good idea, but I prefer to deal with AFKers than to deal with billions of "dodges"