AFK auto select random

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lockpooh

06-21-2012

What is with this feature? What reasoning does Riot have for auto selecting a champ for someone who doesn't choose one on the select screen?

I dodged the first game with an afker, decided not to dodge the second only to have him afk for the first half and come back to feed and lose (not his fault, he was extremely out leveled), dodged the third afker hoping it'll only be another 5 minute delay but it ends up at 15 minutes.

When I get another one, i'll either dodge and wait even longer or get into a 4v5 because the queue doesn't drop when someone is afk.

I would have though this feature removed a long time ago. Why does it still exist? While you can report them after the game, it's one of those annoyances that has an easy solution and avoids frustration.

NaturalBlonde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

I couldn't agree more, I was playing yesterday (with the servers all crazy) and my buddies didn't choose, they were afk for a minute. I had to dodge and the login queue was too large for me to get back in. Feature could use some tweaking!

Bunnymo chan

06-21-2012

Riot loves to troll you, this will not be address anytime soon. It could have easily been changed long ago, but nope, riot loves to troll you. It is your duty to troll back.

advancedAI

06-21-2012

What else is supposed to happen once the timer runs out? They didn't pick a champion. They need a champion to play! It's their fault they went afk.

Should it automatically dodge and que for a new team?

Kittylyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-21-2012

In other games where you have a queue timer (such as WoW's LFG) and you don't react to it, it drops you out of the queue. You're AFK, why make everyone else suffer? If they afk in champion select, that person should be dropped and you just go back into the queue.

UselessBunny

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedAI View Post
What else is supposed to happen once the timer runs out? They didn't pick a champion. They need a champion to play! It's their fault they went afk.

Should it automatically dodge and que for a new team?
No, they should get kicked for being AFK.

Edit: And punished. Forgot about that.

50mm3r

06-21-2012

It would make sense to force them to dodge and let the AFKer get a 5 min penalty instead of the guy who doesnt want a 4v5.

Turle Sauce

06-21-2012

Has anyone ever considered having a team voting system on whether or not to dodge a game and reform teams?

Mr Jester

06-21-2012

Agreed

Shenghis Khan

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50mm3r View Post
It would make sense to force them to dodge and let the AFKer get a 5 min penalty instead of the guy who doesnt want a 4v5.
Agree. It's better to requeue everyone and give a guy a 5 min penalty that play a 20+ game with someone missing a chunk of it.