[SUGGESTION] Multi Core Rendering

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhamBamThanksMam

08-28-2010

Multi-Core rendering, it could help lower end users play this game with steady FPS.

(Reference)Counter Strike: Source just introduced Multi-Core rendering software into the game, in the old days, it was only one core, and i ran it at about 45 fps at max. After Multi-Core i ran it at 65+ fps at max settings.

I feel that Multi-Core rendering would be a great addition to this game, or any game; as most computers today are being built with more than one core. The Launcher already takes up much of my system resources, around 15 or 16%(in which i set it to low priority), and the game itself takes up 50% of my CPU.

Specs:
4250 ATi Mobility Radeon
4 GBs RAM
2.1 GHz AMD Athlon II Dual Core

WitherSlick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

I also think we should do this. it would be pretty bamf. thumbs up.

Jogan Oneal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

Yeah I too think this would be awesome. I would probably be able to record with fraps at a good frame rate if they did this.

WhamBamThanksMam

08-29-2010

Yeah, obviously there are NO CONS whatsoever to apply multi core support in game; It'll promote the performance and speed of the gameplay.

Eloar

08-29-2010

Totally agree.

Everspace

09-01-2010

Threading is hard.

I tried it once.

VERY ICKY Q_Q

Even worse if it ment a re-write. Most stuff render wise is handled by the GPU. I think directX handles this stuff already?

gefo

09-10-2010

Bumping this up, great idea. Thumbies

Vespis

09-10-2010

While I agree this would be a very helpful thing, we also have to keep in mind the current server instability. It'd be best to let them fix what they have and get the server's at a impressive stable state before trying to add anything new into the server.

Danga Zumba

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespis View Post
While I agree this would be a very helpful thing, we also have to keep in mind the current server instability. It'd be best to let them fix what they have and get the server's at a impressive stable state before trying to add anything new into the server.
Multi-core rendering would be a client-only change.