Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[SUGGESTION] Multi Core Rendering

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhamBamThanksMam

08-28-2010

Multi-Core rendering, it could help lower end users play this game with steady FPS.

(Reference)Counter Strike: Source just introduced Multi-Core rendering software into the game, in the old days, it was only one core, and i ran it at about 45 fps at max. After Multi-Core i ran it at 65+ fps at max settings.

I feel that Multi-Core rendering would be a great addition to this game, or any game; as most computers today are being built with more than one core. The Launcher already takes up much of my system resources, around 15 or 16%(in which i set it to low priority), and the game itself takes up 50% of my CPU.

Specs:
4250 ATi Mobility Radeon
4 GBs RAM
2.1 GHz AMD Athlon II Dual Core

WitherSlick

08-28-2010

I also think we should do this. it would be pretty bamf. thumbs up.

Jogan Oneal

08-28-2010

Yeah I too think this would be awesome. I would probably be able to record with fraps at a good frame rate if they did this.

WhamBamThanksMam

08-29-2010

Yeah, obviously there are NO CONS whatsoever to apply multi core support in game; It'll promote the performance and speed of the gameplay.

Eloar

08-29-2010

Totally agree.

Everspace

09-01-2010

Threading is hard.

I tried it once.

VERY ICKY Q_Q

Even worse if it ment a re-write. Most stuff render wise is handled by the GPU. I think directX handles this stuff already?

gefo

09-10-2010

Bumping this up, great idea. Thumbies

Vespis

09-10-2010

While I agree this would be a very helpful thing, we also have to keep in mind the current server instability. It'd be best to let them fix what they have and get the server's at a impressive stable state before trying to add anything new into the server.

Danga Zumba

09-10-2010

Quote:
Vespis:
While I agree this would be a very helpful thing, we also have to keep in mind the current server instability. It'd be best to let them fix what they have and get the server's at a impressive stable state before trying to add anything new into the server.

Multi-core rendering would be a client-only change.