[Champion Concept] Ibrahim, the Painter of Life

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edasich

06-20-2012

Ibrahim, the Painter of Life

APPEARANCE

Quote:
  • old man, possibly in early hundreds
  • short, slick white hair
  • dark red eyes
  • mildly dark skin
  • long sleeved shirt (deep gray)
  • medium-length white mustache and beard
  • long, loose, surprisingly well-kept robe (brown; leaves hood off his head)
  • gray breastplate and shin guards with blue trim
  • loose, long pants (white)
  • brown boots with rugged treads
  • fully armored right arm
  • tiny paintbrush mounted behind his right ear

Concept art by Edasich (using Anime Character Maker 2 by xdanond and PhotoShop)

Classic
Attachment 467275

Joy of Painting Ibrahim
Attachment 646591

Ibrahim Claus
Attachment 646592

Flying Ace Ibrahim
Attachment 646593

Muten Ibrahim
Attachment 646594
TAGS
Quote:
  • Mage
  • Ranged
ATTRIBUTES
Quote:
Attack Power: 30
Defense Power: 20
Ability Power: 100
Difficulty: 100
ABOUT IBRAHIM
Quote:
Ibrahim is a mage, able to perform a wide variety of roles depending on how his abilities are cast. These abilities range from support to all out attack spells, making him a very versatile combatant and a perfect choice for any team composition. Be advised, however, that mastering all of his abilities will require a lot of dedication and patience.
LORE
Quote:
He served the will of Demacian kings and queens for time unknown, ever behind the gilded curtain of the nation's mighty military. Though few knew his name or face, all in Demacia were aware of his presence. Every rallying speech, every public civilian gathering, every crowning achievement in artistry and culture was the work of the man known as simply the Painter of Life. Upon being elected to the Demacian Council, Ibrahim finally showed his aged countenance to the people who admired and respected his previously faceless existence. Ibrahim, though at first reluctant to accept his position as councilor, welcomed the people's praises with open arms and an equally open heart. Though always busy, he was more than happy to serve his people through his art as he always had.

One day, Ibrahim decided to travel Valoran to improve Demacia's diplomacy with other nations. His visits to Ionia, Bandle City, Piltover, and Freljord were met with great enthusiasm. Even the people of Zaun and Bilgewater lauded his artistry, some even offering generous sums of money for samples of his work. Word of his travels soon roused great suspicion from Noxus, his next destination. The High Command thus sent a team of spies to monitor his movements as he approached the city wall. That night, Ibrahim leapt to his feet at the sound of one of his own paintings coming to life and fending off his would-be stalkers. No one knows who was more baffled at the sight--Ibrahim or the spies--but after returning from his pilgrimage with a Noxian-crested cloak clasp in tow, he locked himself away to try and find out what had happened. When he re-emerged months later, he had discovered a deep magic within his soul that let him literally give his art life. With this new-found power, he could not only enlighten the masses, but also fight for Demacia in the greatest gallery of all: the League of Legends.

"Through his craft, Ibrahim, like Durand through me, speaks to the world and lives forever." --Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow
QUOTES
Quote:
Upon Selection
(singing to the LoL theme) "Let all resound with beauty and life."

Moving
"Of course."
"Another blank canvas, I see?"
"I bring a masterpiece."
"An intriguing scenario."
"If I must."
"As you say."
"Justice and mercy are one and the same."
"Bring me some inspiration."

Attacking
"I' would prefer to paint a picture, but..."
"A universe of possibilities!"
"I'm going to regret this..."
"This should be interesting."
"I have but one life to live for us all."
"This will leave quite a mess."
"I think I could use a putty knife right about now..."

Taunt
"Painting battlefields. / A rather manic task, yes? / Not for me, it's not."
"Now, into the fray, / I go to see them engage. / This is fun to paint."

Joke
"What do you call someone with a golden heart, a silver tongue, and an iron fist? A statue."
LEAGUE JUDGEMENT
Quote:
Candidate: Ibrahim

Date: Unknown

OBSERVATION

A tiny paintbrush, the companion of a palette of assorted colors uncountable beneath his left arm, rests behind his ear. The steel gauntlet encasing his right hand and the snow white cuirass atop his chest lie in stark contrast to his tattered brown robe, an otherwise perfect mirror of his earthen countenance.

“The truest opponent lies within,” he reads aloud as he comes to the inscription beside the marble doors. Before entering, he strokes his silvery beard, his deep scarlet eyes narrowed in deep thought. And then, without another word, he extends a hand, parting the doors and striding through with an eminence of awe and reverence.

REFLECTION

“It is time,” an aged voice called to him from the blackness.

As Ibrahim opened his eyes, he suddenly found himself amidst a disarrayed workshop, its windows opened wide to greet the warmth of the autumn sun as it illuminated the canvases and paints strewn about the interior. Before him, he saw one blank canvas beckoning him from atop its stand. He felt the heft of a strange object in his hands, which, as he looked down upon them, were now those of a young boy.

“Ibrahim,” said the voice again, “it is time for your first project.”

The boy about-faced to see the wizened, old man who called his name. All at once, he realized where he was: the combination mage shop/artist’s emporium of the legendary Demacian artificer, Durand.

“Master?” gasped Ibrahim, more surprised by the youthful voice in his own throat than by the sight of his former teacher’s face.

“Yes, Ibrahim. It is I,” replied Durand. “Now, are you going to stand there and gawk at me all day or are you going to start your first art project?”

“Oh, right. Sorry.”

The boy who was now Ibrahim turned to face the canvas once again, delicately grasped a nearby paintbrush and palette, and raised them together. He conjured an as-yet unseen image for him to place on the canvas, but the image just as quickly vanished.

His hand froze.

“Just remember,” coached the man with his master’s form. “See with your heart, not your eyes. Your body and mind will respond in turn.”

Heeding his master’s words, Ibrahim closed his eyes again, letting the image he had lost reappear. In this moment, he felt his hands move to the rhythm of his heart, and though he could not see his handiwork, he knew it was there; he felt it grip his presence with every twitch of his brush and palette. As he continued painting, he felt himself fall through time and space.

Suddenly…

“HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! HELP ME!”

Ibrahim’s eyes flew open to the moonlight of a summer night in Noxian territory. He jolted up from the blanket upon which he slept and frantically glanced every which-way for the source of the distressed screaming. His eyes finally fell upon a small squad of Demacian guards thrashing a hapless figure, the Noxian crest upon his knife and cloak clasp being the only clues of his heritage.

“Go!” shouted another voice from a thicket, only to have its source and a slew of other figures meet the same fate as their comrade at the hands of more Demacian guards encircling their charge.

But something was odd about these soldiers; they moved with inhuman speed and reflex, almost too fast for Ibrahim’s eye to track. Their every feature—from their gold-trimmed white armor to their individual faces—appeared slightly smeared and hardened, almost as if they were made of paint.

Paint?

Ibrahim scurried for a large burlap sack resting beside him, making sure to avoid the din of the guards and the Noxian strangers. Untying the neck of the sack, he sorted his way through several finished paintings resting within, until finally, he seized one of a bygone battlefield. The proud warriors he had painted to life therein were gone, replaced by blank silhouettes.

At last, all but one of the spies fled for dear life, the last of them hanging by his ankle, caught in the iron grip of the leader of the painted guards. Ibrahim turned his gaze to meet its artificial one, recalling this incident as a recollection of the night he discovered his bizarre but potent magic.

“Why do you want to join the League, Ibrahim?” asked the guard as it released its creator’s would-be stalker. Feigning surprise but nonetheless drawn into deep thought, Ibrahim rose to his feet to face his masterwork.

“Long have I freely shared my soul with the world, as per the workings of my craft,” he said, his voice once again that of a man aged beyond his time. “Yet, only recently have I mustered the strength and resolve to share my face as well. Both are what give me my name.”

“How does it feel, exposing your mind?”

“I have already exposed my mind more times than I can count—willingly, I may add. This time is little different.”

Time and space faded away again—this time in a flash of light—and soon, Ibrahim found himself standing before a fellow Demacian champion: one whose towering hulk gave him the appearance of a vicious gargoyle, wings spread wide, claws and fangs bared.

“I wondered when you would show your face again, Painter of Life,” bellowed the creature, Galio. “I did not expect you to do so today.”

“Then I suppose now is as good a time as any,” chortled Ibrahim. “And by the way, Durand said ‘Hello.’”

Ibrahim turned to the side to see another set of double doors. With little more than a parting glance at his master’s last great creation, he parted the doors before him and entered the League of Legends.
ANIMATIONS
Quote:
Movement - casually walking

Attack: He flicks his paintbrush at the enemy, launching a multicolored bolt of paint.

Critical: He flicks his paintbrush at the enemy, launching a painted train.

Death: He stops in place, suddenly turns into a statue of paint, and melts into the ground. The statue's color changes randomly every time he dies.

Dance: Ibrahim performs a choreography of Tunak Tunak Tun.

Laugh: Ibrahim laughs heartily, twirling his paintbrush between his fingers as he does so.
STATISTICS
Quote:
Health: 385 (+80)
Health regen: 5 (+0.5)
Mana: 250 (50)
Mana regen: 8 (+0.6)
Range: 550
Attack damage: 45 (+3)
Attack speed: 0.63 (+2.36%)
Armor: 12 (+3.5)
Magic resist: 30 (+0.55)
Movement speed: 335
ABILITIES
Quote:
Prismatic Spirit: (Innate) Every time Ibrahim casts a spell, the next spell he casts within 5 seconds costs 3% less mana and deals 2% more damage. These effects stack up to 3 times.
Quote:
War Paint: (Active) Ibrahim quickly paints a paint object and hurls it in a line, dealing magic damage to the first enemy it strikes.

Cost: 80/90/100/110/120/130 mana
Cooldown: 11/10/9/8/7/6 seconds
Range: 1000
Projectile Speed: 2000
Magic Damage: 40/80/120/160/200/240 (+0.7 per ability power)

Soul Palette (Red): The object is a torch, a firebird, a giant chili pepper, or a lit bomb. It sets its victim on fire, dealing additional magic damage over 4 seconds and revealing him or her for the duration.

Total Additional Magic Damage: 10/20/30/40/50/60 (+0.2 per ability power)

Soul Palette (Blue): The object is a raindrop volley, a cloud, an ice fist, or a giant boot. It restores mana based on the damage done.

Mana restored: 10/15/20/25/30/35% damage

Soul Palette (Yellow): The object is a thunderball, a live wire, a giant light bulb, or a rabid squirrel. It bounces to up to three nearby enemies. Each resulting bolt of lightning will hit each target only once.

Bounce Range: 200

Soul Palette (Black and White): The object is a medkit, a gauze wrap, a giant dictionary, or a sandwich. It heals the first allied champion it hits.

Health Restored: 50/70/90/110/130/150 (+0.5 per ability power)
Quote:
Rainbow Delta: (Active) Ibrahim quickly paints a familiar to fight by his side, dealing magic damage to surrounding enemies upon the initial summoning. For the next 10 seconds, the familiar can move around and fight at Ibrahim’s will. The familiar counts as a pet and has different properties depending on the color of Soul Palette active. Ibrahim can only have one familiar in play at a time.

Range of Summoning AoE: 600
Radius of Summoning AoE: 175
Magic Damage: 35/55/75/95/115/135 (+0.5 per ability power)
Cost: 75/80/85/90/95/100 mana
Cooldown: 18 seconds
Familiar’s Health: 150/200/250/300/350/400 (+0.65 per ability power)

Soul Palette (Red): Ibrahim’s familiar is a hawk that flies around at high speed.

Hawk’s Attack Damage: 25/35/45/55/65/75 (+0.2 per ability power)
Hawk’s Attack Speed: 0.63 (+6.7%)
Hawk’s Movement Speed: 370 (+1 per Ibrahim’s bonus movement speed)
Hawk’s Armor: 15/25/35/45/55/65
Hawk’s Magic Resist: 10/20/30/40/50/60

Soul Palette (Blue): Ibrahim’s familiar is a shark that swims around in the air, dealing magic damage to any enemies that hit it with basic attacks.

Shark’s Attack Damage: 25/35/45/55/65/75 (+0.2 per ability power)
Shark’s Attack Speed: 0.63 (+2.8%)
Shark’s Movement Speed: 345 (+1 per Ibrahim’s bonus movement speed)
Shark’s Armor: 20/30/40/50/60/70
Shark’s Magic Resist: 30/35/40/45/50/55
Percent Magic Damage Returned: 20% damage from basic attacks

Soul Palette (Yellow): Ibrahim’s familiar is a bull that lumbers about. Its attacks splash, dealing damage to all enemies nearby.

Bull’s Attack Damage: 20/30/40/50/60/70 (+0.2 per ability power)
Bull’s Attack Speed: 0.63 (+2.8%)
Bull’s Movement Speed: 320 (+1 per Ibrahim’s bonus movement speed)
Bull’s Armor: 20/30/40/50/60/70
Bull’s Magic Resist: 30/35/40/45/50/55
Radius of Splash Damage AoE: 175

Soul Palette (Black and White): Ibrahim’s familiar is a winged faerie that flutters about, attacks from a distance, and heals all nearby allied champions over time.

Faerie’s Attack Damage: 15/25/35/45/55/65 (+0.2 per ability power)
Faerie’s Attack Speed: 0.63 (+2.8%)
Faerie’s Attack Range: 550
Faerie’s Movement Speed: 335 (+1 per Ibrahim’s bonus movement speed)
Faerie’s Armor: 20/30/40/50/60/70
Faerie’s Magic Resist: 30/35/40/45/50/55
Diameter of Healing Aura AoE: 550
Health Restored per second: 5/10/15/20/25/30 (+0.2 per ability power)
Quote:
Abstract Expressionism: (Active) After a 0.75 second delay, Ibrahim quickly paints a large, heavy object above a target location and drops it there, dealing magic damage to every enemy caught in the impact zone.

Range to Center of AoE: 900
Radius of AoE: 130/140/150/160/170/180
Cost: 90/100/110/120130/140 mana
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10/9 seconds
Magic Damage: 60/85/110/135/160/185 (+0.7 per ability power)

Soul Palette (Red): The object is a giant statue that deals 50% more damage. The statue randomly changes shape every time it appears.

Statue Magic Damage: 90/127/165/202/240/277 (+1.05 per ability power)

Soul Palette (Blue): The object is a hail of weapons and armor that slows all enemies caught in the impact zone for 4 seconds.

Enemy Slow: 15/20/25/30/35/40%

Soul Palette (Yellow): The object is a flaming meteorite that applies 50% healing reduction to all enemies caught in the impact zone for 3 seconds.

Soul Palette (Black and White): The object is a grand piano that stuns all enemies caught in the impact zone.

Stun Duration: 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 seconds
Quote:
Soul Palette: (Passive) Ibrahim’s palette enhances his combat stats depending on which color is active.

Red: Ibrahim’s attack damage and ability power are increased by 2/4/6/8% each.
Blue: Ibrahim’s health regen and mana regen are increased by 6/9/12/15% each.
Yellow: Ibrahim’s armor and magic resist are increased by 3/6/9/12% each.
Black and White: Ibrahim has 2/5/8/11% lifesteal and spell vamp each.

(Active) Ibrahim cycles through different colors of his palette, enhancing his abilities. This ability is available from level 1 and does not require skill points. Its effectiveness increases at levels 6, 11, and 16.
Cost: 55/90/125/160 mana
Cooldown: 0.25 seconds
RECOMMENDED ITEMS
Quote:
Starting
  • Doran's Ring
  • Boots of Speed
  • 3 Health Potions

Essential
  • Sorcerer's Shoes
  • Rod of Ages
  • Liandry's Torment

Offense
  • Athene's Unholy Grail
  • Archangel Staff
  • Rabadon's Deathcap

Defense
  • Zhonya’s Hourglass
  • Rylai's Crystal Scepter
  • Aegis of the Legion
RELATIONS
Quote:
  • Ibrahim is a member of the Demacian Council, which works closely with Jarvan IV's father, Jarvan III.
  • Supposedly, Ibrahim once studied art and magic under Galio's creator, Durand.
  • The employer of the team of spies sent to monitor Ibrahim en route to Noxus is believed to be Swain.
  • Some of Ibrahim's artistry inspired the works of Piltover Customs, of which Blitzcrank is a frequent customer.
TRIVIA
Quote:
  • Ibrahim is the first champion who sings upon champion selection.
  • His name is the Arabic form of "Abraham", which means "father of many" in Hebrew.
  • Both of his taunts are haikus.
  • His joke pokes fun at several common idioms used to describe people.
    • "Heart of gold" refers to a genuinely kind and caring person.
    • "Silver tongue" refers to someone with particularly fluent and persuasive speech.
    • "Iron fist" refers to someone who exhibits rigorous or ruthless control.

goodguy2166

Senior Recruiter

06-20-2012

This old geezer painter sounds like a louzy idea but SO MUCH EFFORT WAS PUT INTO THIS....
The reason why it sounds louzy because:
-abilities description way too long
-If put in the game not much people will understand him and this would be a really long project
-We already have a karma
-This guy would be Overpowered if mana drain was not added
-Sounds really boring since hes not expressed very much, like hes only a old person with a magical
paint brush. Needs Hyperbole.Hyperbole means to exaggerate. How to say it Hy-purr-boli.
Julia Gillard stuffed this up > PM of Australia.
-This sounds quite weird because it doesn't fit LoL. Sounds more like a learning game.

GOOD IMAGINATION FOR THE ABILITIES THE 100 year OLD GEEZER IS QUITE BORING . Skarner's a Ancient Dinosaur so hes a MILLION

1st like a Mafia Boss |- -|

I feel bored :|

Edasich

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguy2166 View Post
This old geezer painter sounds like a louzy idea but SO MUCH EFFORT WAS PUT INTO THIS....
The reason why it sounds louzy because:
-abilities description way too long
-If put in the game not much people will understand him and this would be a really long project
-We already have a karma
-This guy would be Overpowered if mana drain was not added
-Sounds really boring since hes not expressed very much, like hes only a old person with a magical
paint brush. Needs Hyperbole.Hyperbole means to exaggerate. How to say it Hy-purr-boli.
Julia Gillard stuffed this up > PM of Australia.
-This sounds quite weird because it doesn't fit LoL. Sounds more like a learning game.

GOOD IMAGINATION FOR THE ABILITIES THE 100 year OLD GEEZER IS QUITE BORING . Skarner's a Ancient Dinosaur so hes a MILLION

1st like a Mafia Boss |- -|

I feel bored :|
Thanks for the feedback. I made a few edits here and there.

Edasich

06-22-2012

More edits, and I'm not going to even bother tracking them.

Edasich

06-22-2012

In case you were wondering, this is a complete redo of this thread.

Edasich

06-22-2012

more sections, more update

Edasich

06-27-2012

few more edits

Edasich

06-28-2012

slight update

Deleven

06-28-2012

ya, champ is way too complicated, it too bad really. some questions and observatons:

- a painter would use the colours magenta, cyan, yellow, and black, im curious where your colour choices came from
- how would you adapt your character for colour blind mode.
- the invoker style of champ is considered overcomplicated becuse it would have 4 passives and 9 abilities, so what drove you to make a champ with 24 abilities
- I would suggest you do research into the invoker champ and simplify his skill set to that level.

ZtarDuzt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-28-2012

sounds like sona or karma. but yeah i tought of an idea just like this. so thumbs up