Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are Malphite and Blitzcrank "troll" bans?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tdRftw

06-20-2012

So I just banned Malph and Blitz, 2 of my teammates called me out and said I was a troll for banning them. My reasoning was that they're both free, Malph has a ridiculous ult and Blitz is just annoying and a pain to play against. Would you guys say banning them is worth it or am I really a "troll"?

EDIT: This was in Normal Draft, not in Ranked (since ranked is disabled), so yes, you can play free week champs
EDIT2: I was first pick on blue side, so I didn't ban Ali, since I wanted to jungle him

Silva Neilo

06-20-2012

You can't play free rotation champs in ranked if you don't own them anymore o:

Ruinating End

06-20-2012

Assuming this was a ranked (not sure about draft pick because I don't play it much), you cannot pick free week champs in a ranked game unless you own them.

xGary

06-20-2012

Blitz is a good ban but Malph is not a common pick so I don't think you had to ban him

The Roman Empire

06-20-2012

Malphite is strong enough to be ban-worthy, although he's one of the easier counterpicks in the game. Blitz I probably wouldn't ban but he does tend to punish idiots harder than most heroes.

TheBuhdazzla

06-20-2012

Quote:
Ruinating End:
Assuming this was a ranked (not sure about draft pick because I don't play it much), you cannot pick free week champs in a ranked game unless you own them.

This, though Blitz is often a worthwhile ban since it's a summoner spell every time he lands a hook if Alistar is banned/not picked.

tdRftw

06-20-2012

It wasn't in ranked, ranked is disabled. Normal draft

Glorkle

06-20-2012

I'd rather ali been banned than malph, but yeah those are legit bans.

tdRftw

06-20-2012

Quote:
Glorkle:
I'd rather ali been banned than malph, but yeah those are legit bans.

I was first pick, I picked Ali jungle, so I didn't want him banned.

SheffiTB

06-20-2012

those are perfectly legitimate bans.