Who should be banned in ranked games the most?

Lee Sin 26 15.95%
Shaco 36 22.09%
Kassadin 31 19.02%
Morgana 49 30.06%
Shen 74 45.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Why is Shaco banned and Lee Sin isn't?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chinese Paradise

06-20-2012

why is shaco banned in ranked games? I mean, yeah, he IS amazing and super OP at early game ganking but really bad at postmidgame and late game. However, Lee Sin on the other hand, is not, even if he can clear jungle spots in seconds. Lee sin may not have the early game ganking ability as shaco but has some tricks up his sleeves.

Klinestife

06-20-2012

shaco can run away from pretty much any situation at early game, no matter how out of position he is (unless hes tower diving). he also has the lame as hell lvl 2 jungler kill tactic that works a good 80% of the time.

point is, he pisses people off so hes banned.

Jooge

06-20-2012

I ban shaco cause I don't want to deal with him. I'd say he is the most annoying champ in the game. + a good shaco can still be useful late game, especially if he gets fed early. Not to mention he's one of the best backdooring champs

Chinese Paradise

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinestife View Post
shaco can run away from pretty much any situation at early game, no matter how out of position he is (unless hes tower diving). he also has the lame as hell lvl 2 jungler kill tactic that works a good 80% of the time.

point is, he pisses people off so hes banned.
Thanks for the reply. I'm new to ranked. Goodluck in the fields of justice fellow summoner!

Sam Is Whoa

06-20-2012

shaco is the laughing stock of early ganks. Its blatently obvious when your lane enemy is baiting you out for a gank and if your low enough to die to shaco lvl2 without killing him first you should rethink your strategy in lane. Shaco is not a factor at any point in the game if you know even the slightest bit of what your doing. ward deep check your map **** on him if hes waiting to gank you. DONE.

Morgana and shen however are immovable forces in their lane able to last hit and sustain with the best. Morgana can change a game with a good team fight ult and shen can make getting ganked a dbl kill. I cringe when ppl ban shaco cause someone like shen,morgana,lee sin, Olaf, are left open to run rampant

ZXPrototype

06-20-2012

It's because in the olden days shaco was the only one who could reasonably clear red and with the stealth gap close and high burst cc mid it was stupidly easy to secure kills and snowball. I wouldn't compare shaco bans to morgana/shen bans as they are completely different champions who serve different roles.

Sam Is Whoa

06-20-2012

lol Olden days.....Shaco wasnt banned until less than a year ago when they buffed his JOTB.

MoreMedz

06-21-2012

Shaco gets the hate, because his early game gank has to be countered in a specific way. Many teams would rather not deal with that.

R3dund4ncy

06-21-2012

Shaco is banned because (assuming the player is good), if the other team has no oracle or sight wards, and/or no way of discerning pets (clones will take smite), he is almost impossible to gank and kill.

Riot has managed to balance all of their champs well enough that bans are placed on the champs that people find irritating to play against. For shaco, you need to modify your play style, which is irritating. Therefore, he is banned. Kassadin - he can literally just rift walk + flash and escape ANY Gank, pursue or flee, and people find that irritating.

PćozinhoDeQueijo

06-21-2012

Cuz Shaco is easy to play and Sin requires a lot more skills, lol.