Yi Backdooring?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desgami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

I think most people agree that Yi is the best backdoorer. I'm interested in a new way to play the game, IE relentless backdooring. What I'm wondering is, how would you build your ideal backdooring Yi. Not troll backdooring. I'm talking legit viable backdoor Yi.

edit: What items/masteries/runes/summoners would you use? Would you start in the jungle so that you can farm and get to undefended lanes easier in the early game?

Personally I think Teleport is an obvious choice, probably Youmuu's for the active. Bloodthirster might not be good because you'll die a lot. Boots of Mobility seems good too, and obviously Phantom Dancers.

Entomy

01-02-2012

I don't play Yi, but my guess would be to try heavy damage, attack speed, and life steal. Someone will be able to give you better insight though.

Broken Umbrella

01-02-2012

PD X 3
IE X 1
BC X 1
Warmogs X 1

But idk, im just guessing here

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

1 Bloodthirster (lifesteal off minions)
Yommu ghostblade (Attackspeed buff)
2 PD
1 IE
1 GA

Salbahi

01-02-2012

ghost and heal spells also helps

Pig Magus

01-02-2012

Zerkers: More attack speed. Possibly boots of mobility to run to unprotected towers easier.
Infinity Edge: Pure damage. Highest damage item (sans full stacks Bloodthirster).
Phantom Dancer: Move speed and attack speed.
Atmas + Warmogs: Hp regen for sustain, tons of damage, and can tank the tower a bit.
Sword of the Divine: Tons of attack speed, and if they haven't patched it, the passive procs off towers.

TJRSwag

01-02-2012

I think yomuu's is a must. The burst with your ult will almost guarantee a full tower late game.

Orun713

01-03-2012

IE is stupid, can't crit a tower. The axe or BT for dmg, PD for AS. Stack those. That is it beside a ghost blade.

P.s. You can armor pen a tower but you can't reduce it with percent armor reduction items. So items with straight armor pen work wonders.

Desgami

01-03-2012

How would you transition into backdooring from the laning phase?

Pig Magus

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orun713 View Post
IE is stupid, can't crit a tower. The axe or BT for dmg, PD for AS. Stack those. That is it beside a ghost blade.

P.s. You can armor pen a tower but you can't reduce it with percent armor reduction items. So items with straight armor pen work wonders.
IE has the highest attack damage other than a highly stacked bloodthirster.