Malphtie runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaiaix555

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Simple question for the community, what do you all think is better for Jungle Malphite?

I personally like Armor Quints more, as it improves jungle clear speed, durability, and overall damage.

Alot of others and guides say Movement Speed is effective, because they lead to a faster, more ganky Malphite who chases hard.

Opinions?

Aemon Darkstar

06-20-2012

I prefer MS Quints and Attack Speed reds. The MS quints do indeed make him a fast mover, especially with 0/21/9 masteries, and you really need it because you lack a good gap closer till 6. You usually have to walk at least in range to Q your enemy when ganking.
AS reds because it just helps with the clearing speed.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

normal runes on tanks like sej malp and rammus that I use when I set up the page for it are

attack speed reds and armor or movespeed quints just depending on if i know the jungler is going to invade or if I will be safe

armor helps with clear time on rammus and malp but I feel the movespeed is more efficient for ganks and late game where you normally get over 250 armor easy on them

sej on the other hand just really needs help in jungle imo and doesn't need the movespeed with her charge

Beas7ie

06-21-2012

Whos is "Malphtie"?

Warrrrax

06-21-2012

You might also try boots and 3 pots. This will get you a full 50 MS, plus any bonus if you took 21 defense or the MS utility booster.
As opposed to 3 MS quints which only give about +10 MS early.

With malph's granite shield he effectively has great regen so doesn't really need cloth+5 pots to start. That would do a lot more to give you strong ganks than anything.

For Red, I'd recommend attack speed.
Yellows are definitely flat armor.
Blues are MR/lvl.
Quints: armor seems fine to me. Works well with his AoE too. But AS, MS are fine too.

Gaiaix555

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
Whos is "Malphtie"?
Its a simple typo, please try not to start trolling....I asked for opinions, not sarcasm :P

Attack Speed Marks on Malphite is an interesting idea, I will have to try it. I am running Armor Pen right now, for lack of IP :/....

Thank you all!

TheGrayBuffoon

06-21-2012

Excellent topic Gaiaix555 because I came here looking for advice concerning Malphite and jungle runes. Have you ever run him top lane and if so do you have rune suggestions for Top?

Gaiaix555

06-21-2012

I actually try to play Malphite almost exclusively in the jungle, only popping out to Top lane to counter certain AD tops, like Olaf or Riven.

I use:
Magic Pen Red's for harassment with my Q, and some later game scaling
Armor Yellow's for increased durability and damage.....they should always be on Malphite :P
Magic Resist per level Blue's for durability. Your a tank, you have to be able to take some spells.
Armor Quints increase your power and provide further durability in the top lane.

Tl;dr: Lots of defensive runes, and only go top against AD champs. Malphite struggles against AP or Hybrid champs like Akali, since he has to stack Armor to be powerful. By choosing to focus almost entirely on Armor, you can become an immovable monster in lane, with some powerful pokes.

Hope this helps

TheGrayBuffoon

06-21-2012

Thanks!