Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do You think Darius will be nerfed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scottttttt

06-20-2012

I like that people don't try to counter him, they just focus him so the other people on his team stomp on them

Cricket demon

06-20-2012

You all seem to hate him alot why?

Sarg1010

06-20-2012

I have to wonder who thought of the idea for Darius. "Hey guys! Let's make a champ that has a pull, small aoe, a slowing attack, and a crazy powerful ult, all of which can be done in a few seconds! Let's also make him tanky and have high AD too! Great idea, right?"

Nabonidus

06-20-2012

Quote:
Conncept:
He doesn't need to be nerfed, he needs to be removed until they redesign him into a champ that people actually want on their team.

This. Darius being in a game is fun for NO one except the Darius player. Riot says they consider Invoker the epitome of anti-fun, then they release a KS-requirement bruiser with all 3 types of damage? Makes no sense, yo.:S

Quote:
Scottttttt:
I like that people don't try to counter him, they just focus him so the other people on his team stomp on them

1. Darius' only counter IS focus, either damage or cc. Either way you're screwing yourself because you have to make him the prime target so he doesn't walk out of a teamfight with 3 kills despite being shut down all lane phase.

2. Regardless of Darius being counterable or not, he makes the game ZERO fun for anyone except him. The rest of his team becomes assist bots, and if Darius gets focused in teamfights, his team loses because for him to play at maximum potential he takes ALL the kill gold.

sling14

06-20-2012

Hes a champ thats only fun for the ONE person playing him, he steals every kill from his own team, and his ult makes him annoying to no end to fight against

i wouldnt mind if he became the new eve

IrrationalNoob

06-20-2012

Darius will always be underpowered or overpowered with his current design.

He will also be a noobs favorite champ to play AS and least favorite champ to play AGAINST. Why? He does all the things they want. They want to fight 1v1 against a champion while spamming their skills. They have a gap closer but no escape because the only escape they would use is the recall after a kill. He also has an ult that rewards you with last hitting kills. Whats not to love from a noobs perspective? Playing against him.

You mean I can't trade 1v1 with him? You mean I have to engage and use my mobility as an escape and can't just go for a kill? OP nerf plz.

Because of this effect, general discussion will find Darius more overpowered then he is concidered by platinum players. I call this the "Xin effect".

Cricket demon

06-20-2012

Quote:
Nabonidus:
This. Darius being in a game is fun for NO one except the Darius player. Riot says they consider Invoker the epitome of anti-fun, then they release a KS-requirement bruiser with all 3 types of damage? Makes no sense, yo.:S

i can argue about many people in games that ruin my fun.
Twitch
Eve
Akali
Tryndamere
Vlad.
etc

ScreamPaste

06-20-2012

Quote:
Cricket demon:
You all seem to hate him alot why?

Because his design is mind boggling. CertainlyT seems to have gone out of his way to ensure the only player who has fun with Darius in a game is the Darius player. I hate him on the enemy team, I hate him on my team.

I hate his ult, I hate his passive, I hate his AoE blitz grab, I hate that he has the highest base armour in the game and has free armour pen. I hate that he deals all three kinds of damage so you can't build to counter him. I hate that his magic damage scales with AD.

I hate that his ult can do 700 true damage with no AD investment. I hate that his ult scales obscenely with AD so if he does build AD he can get 1k damage out of it.

I hate that ulting a tank is just as effective as ulting a squishy. I hate that after we waited so long for a new Noxian, we got Darius.

I hate everything about Darius.

trebyo

06-20-2012

I think they will nerf his early game and buff his late game. He does a lot of damage early and doesnt scale well

GarnetJewel

06-20-2012

i hate having darius as a team mate
they just kill steal, get no assist than complain that everyone else has low kills when they lose