kassadin mastery help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkknit3

08-27-2010

I saw some guides that use 21/0/9 mastery build for kassadin while most use the standard 9/0/21. I was wondering if you use 21/0/9, will you go oom alot or just pack enough punch to get the kill that going oom doesn't matter?

Wuzseen

08-27-2010

I would think 9/0/21 would just be better period for him. But you shouldn't go oom as 21/0/9, you may get to harass less, but Kass isn't exactly a great harasser to begin with.

Morrolan PAC

08-27-2010

I would always go 9/0/21, not just for the mana regen, but also for the CDR. CDR is huge on Kass. Plus you need the 30% bonus to neutral buffs to help w/ keeping golem buff longer in mid-late game.

Covenant

08-27-2010

Some of these might be more Physical Kassadins. If you play with his massive armor penetration ability (works well with Lichbane, a good Kass item) then you get some minor benefit out of Offense later on, and the bonus damage to minions helps a ton in the early laning phase.

You can build several ways, really. Defense is the only tree that offers you zilch. 9 points into Offense is a must, for Archaic Knowledge, but a lot of the stuff in Utility is pretty meh. The big winners are Meditation (for a sizable return) and Quickness (for that little extra edge) while the rest may as well be rounding errors.

Because of that you can see why someone might say "I would rather that my magic spells do 5 percent more damage than I get to fire them off .1 second faster."

You can actually get a lot of use out of both trees by going for something like a 15/15, but the 9+ points into offense are generally not as valuable as getting that little bit of extra movement speed.

Since I'm at level 18, putting 15 points into offense makes practical sense--my runes are **** and I don't have many anyway, so there's only so much tinkering I can do with his base stats. Once you get to 30... not sure.

But unless you really want that 5% empowerment to all damage (not a bad return, honestly, equal to about 40 AP at the end game stage) you are at least better off getting the buffed movement speed. Kass moves fast--increased movement speed percentages make him move really really fast, and you need every second you can get for chasing or escaping.

peyo

08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzseen View Post
I would think 9/0/21 would just be better period for him. But you shouldn't go oom as 21/0/9, you may get to harass less, but Kass isn't exactly a great harasser to begin with.
are you kidding me? Kass is GREAT harasser. His Silence makes it impossible to land more than 1 skill back (and well, I dont have problems with harassing and getting nothing back)

For masteries, 9/0/21 is the only way for AP Kass.
*******http://a.imageshack.us/img228/6581/mast.png********
that's for Ignite/Clarity spells.